Share | 

Olympics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob@Inter
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Olympics   Sat 21 Jul - 8:20

Did anyone watch the GB v Brazil game last night?

GB looked like they hadn't really played together and some of the players selected are questionable. Butland looked great though. However not sure about creativity or where the goals will come from. Brazil on the other hand ..... I can see the reason why half the team is in such demand. If they can keep it together I wonder if they can challenge Spain in 2014 too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olympics   Sat 21 Jul - 9:44

I watched it and as you say the team understanding was non exsistent. Richards and Thompkins had absolute shockers at centre back and playing Ryan Bertrand on the right was a strange one aswell. Butland was superb second half was hoping Sturridge would do well but the service was not there and we hardly got the ball in their half. The second half was much better

Brazil though looked very good and Oscar ran the show and i would be hapy to see him at Chelsea after that but also wary that it was against a poor team that had never played together before but he does look very intelligent and can pick a pass
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olympics   Sat 21 Jul - 10:41

i watched it.

sadly i think it just highlighted again our lack of quality.

our ball retension is shocking compared to others.

was really disappointed in thompkins and particurly Micah Richards - looked very cumbersom at times.

Allen worked hard, doing at lot of scurrying around, trying to pick up his little pockets of space that he so loves but it never really got anywhere in terms of their 3rd and thought it faded as the game wore on and brazil took control

- completely disagree with pearce about giggs thought he looked badly off the pace and a bit of a passenger as the likes of oacar, sandro and co just out ran, out thought and outplayed him.

Really like Daniel Sturridge and think hes got a massive future but my god his decision making is poor at times, hes giving walcott a run for his money in that department.

as for Butland -Wow! well all i can say is whos got him!! very impressed - one of the best goalkeeping displays iv seen for sometime.

I was watching it and for some strange reason Brazil just looked pysically phenomenal as well - had some real power in there, just looked bigger and stronger.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Inter
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Olympics   Sat 11 Aug - 11:47

Off to see Brazil hopefully beat Mexico at Wembley. Looking forward to some Oscar, Neymar and Damiao action.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olympics   Sat 11 Aug - 15:58

Hope the 2nd half is better for you Rob! Mexico playing rather well but will they run out of gas?
Back to top Go down
Rob@Inter
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Olympics   Sat 11 Aug - 17:03

Victory for a team over a group of individuals. Brazilian attack didn't play together at all, Oscar overwhelmed, Neymar greedy, Damiao isolated. Brazil also lacking a CB to play beside Thiago. Mexico really wanted it and Fabian looked a real player. 2 good finishes but really poor defending. Medals......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Olympics   

Back to top Go down

Olympics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Football Chat-
Jump to: