Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE Empty
PostSubject: PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE   PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul - 13:07

anyone else notice this week that a lot of ur players have lost skills this week, or is it just my bone idle lot.

Overrode my training schedual this week to have everyone doing a week of sprinting in order to get their QU up - none went up and the ones that were at maxed out went down - waste of fricking time that was - would love to know why or the logic behind this.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE   PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul - 13:30

Personally had more of a problem with 'strength' over the last few weeks. All players losing skills in this area. Was toying with overriding the training this week,but after wills comments might not bother.
Assume I need a gym?

Also my individual training doesn't seem to be reaping the usual rewards, players not getting maxed out???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE   PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul - 14:30

I keep getting messages that strength training had little effect

But i did demolish my gym cos it loses £150,000 a week which is a bit steep
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE   PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul - 16:15

I've had the same so looks like it's impacting everyone.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE   PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul - 16:34

Anyone not get this message about strength?

If so, have you got a gym?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE   PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul - 16:37

i think the strength thing is to do with the Gymnasium, havent looked how its effected my players - but i think my strength is okish - but i have a Gym but its only 50% equipped.

so maybe they deteriate at a slower rate.

no idea what might affect QU.

bang goes this weeks tactic of Quick Counters .

Palacios now operating at 0

Milner operating at 3

Marvellous

going to carry on with my Burton FM12 - i know where i stand there
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE   PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE Icon_minitimeWed 1 Aug - 11:33

there are 3 buildings that affect the rate of gain/lose of skills, they are :-

Gymnasium for strength

5-a-side pitch for rtg and vis

and

training centres for all other skills

if you dont have any of these buildings then skills will be lost at a rate that depends on many factors, some factors may compensate, but most dont compensate, so will eventually see skill loses in the area for which you dont have the right building.

In Fulham's case they have no training centre but they have a youth academy so youth skills are protected from dropping, unless a player doesnt play of course, but veteran skills are not protected. Fulham have a gymnasium so strength should be protected from dropping.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE   PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE Icon_minitimeWed 1 Aug - 11:55

oh there is a fourth that has beneficial effects only but thats for you to find out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE   PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE Icon_minitimeWed 1 Aug - 12:18

Thats good to know , it's just iv never had that problem before so was a little surprised and confused - is it a recent thing ?

Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE   PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE Icon_minitimeWed 1 Aug - 12:59

Will@Fulham wrote:
Thats good to know , it's just iv never had that problem before so was a little surprised and confused - is it a recent thing ?

as an example

player A short passing skill is madeup of the following elements

minimum skills 4 parts

trainable skills 2 parts

trainable & play skills 4 parts

over train egregore 10 parts

you never see the egregore skills they are just amassed when a player is trained and already fully trained up and they are never used until a trained player starts to lose skills cos of a missing building etc then he loses egregore skills first. egregore exists to soften the blow of accidental deletion of an essential building or changes to the way the system works and can give a few weeks grace until such buildings are replaced or system setlles down before a players skills start to drop.

once you deleted your training centre then you started to eataway at the egregore of your players and now that is showing in their visible skills reducing. you should have had some sort of light warning message as soon as an egregore skill level is lost, so you should have had some sort of warning message last week or the week before maybe.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE   PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE Icon_minitimeWed 1 Aug - 13:52

Does the effectiveness of a building affect the decrease? Cause I have a training centre. But its nor fully equipped, but similar to others I've only noticed the decrese this week. But I'm happy to see buildings becoming more effective. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE   PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE Icon_minitimeWed 1 Aug - 14:27

Paul,

Would overriding the training schedule for one week, making the players concentrate on strength, compensate for not having a gym, or would it be ineffective?

This is great info!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE   PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE Icon_minitimeWed 1 Aug - 17:14

Best build my gym again after demolishing it
Back to top Go down

PLAYER SKILLS DECREASE
Page 1 of 1