Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Deadline Day & Summer Re-Shaping..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Deadline Day & Summer Re-Shaping.. Empty
PostSubject: Deadline Day & Summer Re-Shaping..   Deadline Day & Summer Re-Shaping.. Icon_minitimeMon 2 Sep - 17:37

Well, Sky Sports News has been a good watch all day with the laptop keys getting a battering on the sofa. 

So, movements and needs and wants and re-shaping and new tactics etc... where's everyone at?, any moves done?

Leicester. 

In preparation for our first tilt at the top flight, there'll be 4 new arrivals this turn. 
Brad Friedel will arrive from Betis as back-up to Tim Krul. Etienne Capoue will provide cover for Carrick at AM, and may even get the odd outing as a BW. 
Vlad Chiriches will be coming over from Betis as well, and hopefully a decent review will see him pushing for a first team spot this season. (This guy is good, and I expect him and Vertonghan to be Spurs first choice pairing next season.)
Have just completed a deal for a forward with another manager on here, so I think that player should add a little something to the squad and give us an option up top. 

Outgoing, Foxes careers are over for Roger Johnson and Keith Andrews. Darron Gibson's days as a squad player are also severely numbered if i can find an elusive high quality DY in due course.  

Betis. 

A little reshaping going on. Hernanes arrival last week will give us a nice settled midfield three of Hernanes, Busquets and Blascyzkowski, with good cover in Pjanic for them.  The very public persuit of Illarramendi continues, although Betis have submitted a full and final offer, which we hope will be accepted in due course. 
The back four has been a long standing issue, with upteen CB's tried. Maduro is still there but his days are numbered with CB's Varane and Ogbonna on loan from Inter and highly likely to be first choice. 
Betis do need a LB although Ricardo Rodriguez will do an ok job until someone suitable can be found. 
Up top, Milito will get one last hurrah next season and will be partnered by the hugely promising Yarmolenko.
Will need one or two in over the pre-season to add to the squad, but it's very much evolution not revolution at Betis.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day & Summer Re-Shaping..   Deadline Day & Summer Re-Shaping.. Icon_minitimeMon 2 Sep - 22:09

Inter

Squad is pretty much in place with only Bonucci coming in to partner Chiellini at centre back for the starting 11 and Pepe moving to the reserves. The biggest change is tactical with width being the way forward after title success in the last 3 seasons with SLO and then FAS. Willian, back from loan, and the long serving Angel Di Maria providing the ammunition for Cavani and Higuain.  A reserve wide man and possibly a reserve centre forward could still come in and Mario Mandzukic could still leave as he may not be the right fit. So if anyone is interested in a really top quality CF .......

Boca

A real rebuilding after the success of the treble season. Width and attacking flair will be the foundations going forward with the dependable spine of Dede, Romulo, Mati Fernandez and Damiao still in place but room for a couple of quality wide men. Let's see what happens .....

If any potential Harry Redknapp's what to discuss anything then give me a shout.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day & Summer Re-Shaping..   Deadline Day & Summer Re-Shaping.. Icon_minitimeTue 3 Sep - 4:35

Erikson and Sakho!

f ing delighted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day & Summer Re-Shaping..   Deadline Day & Summer Re-Shaping.. Icon_minitimeTue 3 Sep - 8:49

Have to say its been a good window for overseas talents arriving into the EPL, delighted with mine. 
Bit dissapointed that Liverpools apparent £20m tug of war with Milan for Yarmolenko didn't appear to have any substance, but other than that, pretty happy
Back to top Go down
Iain@RealMadrid
Premier League - 92/92
Premier League - 92/92
Iain@RealMadrid

PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day & Summer Re-Shaping..   Deadline Day & Summer Re-Shaping.. Icon_minitimeTue 3 Sep - 14:22

Not sure if Lamela's move to Spurs is good or not, I like my reserves/players in one of my academy's not to be front page and not playing in England, he had a good season with Roma last year but one more year could have pushed him to the next level and a good chance of a place in the Argentina World Cup squad, 

Now if he doesn't settle straight away, doesn't get regular playing time and doesn't perform he is put back a few years,

If he kicks on, (and I believe he will, i think he is better player than Bale at the same age) than he will shoot straight to a 9999 and want first team football, (which of course I can not complain about but will mean moving players on) 

Moving him on is an option now the premiership market is open for him but why sell a player that could be reaching his peak, that's the whole point on gambling/investing in youngsters, you want them to hit 9999 and play for you.

This season is not make or break for him but will be a sign of things to come, he is still very young and has the potential to be extremely good.

A loan move is now on the cards for next season, and a year from now we will know if this move has worked out.

For me this will be a very quiet preseason regards transfers, Hazard and De Gea coming back (like having new buys) and maybe a few loans with James Rodriguez etc going out, happy with the starts of a few of my youths so far this season. But you can never tell........
Back to top Go down

Deadline Day & Summer Re-Shaping..
Page 1 of 1