Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...

Go down 
+5
Iain@RealMadrid
Tom@Charlton
Jamie@Watford
Rob@Barcelona
Paul Hemmings
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:04

last 5 minutes...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:05

this is a real shock but i'm hearing that Liverpool now lead 3-0 at Newcastle, what is happening there I wonder as Dirk Kuyt bags the scousers third goal with a fine shot.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:06

Really disappointing first day. Gonna be a long old season.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:06

Motherwell 2 Celtic 3 as Charlie Adam pulls all three points out of the pan for the away side.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:07

and there's been another goal in Betis, so lets hurry back to Brian...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:08

into the dying embers of the game here and Andrei Yarmalenko has finally put this match beyond the reach of Villareal as he scores with a fine shot to make it

Betis 3 Villareal 1
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:08

last minute now...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:09

St Johnstone 1 Rangers 2 ( noooooooooooooooooo )
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:09

and that's it it's all over for today...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:11

We'll take a short break and then be back with a short roundup including the result from the World Club Cup between Boca and Arsenal that was played earlier this week...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:12

Arsenal's poor performance may well be directly relatable to having travelled halfway round the globe to play in that game...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:12

Paul Hemmings wrote:
We'll take a short break and then be back with a short roundup including the result from the World Club Cup between Boca and Arsenal that was played earlier this week...
Forgot about this.  I was actually happy at the end of the league games and it's all just melted away.
Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:13

Paul Hemmings wrote:
this is a real shock but i'm hearing that Liverpool now lead 3-0 at Newcastle, what is happening there I wonder as Dirk Kuyt bags the scousers third goal with a fine shot.
What an absolute disaster... the boo's ring out around St James Park whilst Mike Ashley quaffs another pint of lager.

Liverpool have an awful side so it doesn't bode well for me this season. Just underlines that a settled side is king.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:16

And there was me hoping it was because my lot had finally clicked lol.

A surprising start, created a right fricking dilemma for next week, trained the zab man for no reason by the looks of it. 

What do I do with Suarez now, can't really drop anyone after that although I'm sure the tinker man in me will want to and no don't balls it all up lol
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:54

The sending off of Willian causes some concerns for next turn but it could mean a start for El Shaarawy or more likely a move for Coentrao to LH and a reshuffle at at the back with Joao Pereira coming in.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:57

Okay the World Club Cup was nothing short of a scintillating game this season between the Champions of Europe and the Champions of South America, Arsenal versus Boca Juniors.

The match started off at a frenetic pace with Boca taking a third minute lead through Fernandez only to be pegged back six minutes later by Torres. Rooney then gave the Gunners the lead four minutes after that and two minutes later it was all square again as Romula made it two each. Things then quietened down for awhile before Danilo scored as Boca went in at half time with a narrow lead.

Arsenal created more chances and had slightly more of the play in the second half but it was Sandro who struck for Boca to give them a two goal lead with just ten minutes remaining. Arsenal fought back and two minutes later scored through Walcott but couldn't quite get a fourth, leaving Boca as winners, with the final score being

Boca 4 Arsenal 3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 15:59

Well, a good week. 2 wins, although both unconvincing. It's a better start than last year.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 16:02

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

That's the holy grail for me with Boca. My work is done. After a few attempts we eventually get the World Club Cup and that to last seasons treble. I'd like to thank my parents, my agent .................. (tears flowing with some strange looks through my office door)

Now over to my main team.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 16:06

Good win with Plymouth without some of the new boys playing a part. Disappointing to lose at Lyon but considering I lost a number of players during the break (including Willian) there is some rebuilding to do. All is not lost, though going to be tough to mount a title challenge if don't get things moving quickly...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 16:14

Rob@Inter wrote:
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

That's the holy grail for me with Boca. My work is done. After a few attempts we eventually get the World Club Cup and that to last seasons treble. I'd like to thank my parents, my agent .................. (tears flowing with some strange looks through my office door)

Now over to my main team.
priceless stuff Rob, luving it Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 17:04

okay, i'm running the transfers, then i'm gonna do the training and financial stuff.
be tomorrow now before I send out the turns.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 17:14

Paul Hemmings wrote:
okay, i'm running the transfers, then i'm gonna do the training and financial stuff.
Thanks Paul. Great to kick off another season. The Prem is the place to be though. What a load of great teams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 17:21

Rob@Inter wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Thanks Paul. Great to kick off another season. The Prem is the place to be though. What a load of great teams.
1 of us HAS to go down. Squeaky bum time for me already... and I won this week and I'm still panicking...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 17:25

Come join us rob Wink
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 17:27

Will@Fulham wrote:
Come join us rob Wink
Inter win 8-1 against one of the best managed teams in Italy to start the season and I believe Boca are one of the most successful teams ever. How can I let one of them go?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...   Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct - 18:06

Get in you mighty blues. feared when i saw 1- 0 down
Back to top Go down

Season 24 week 1 processing ... new season ...
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next