Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

with the deepest regret

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

with the deepest regret Empty
PostSubject: with the deepest regret   with the deepest regret Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun - 19:44

iv taken the difficult decision to step down as manager of fulham and feyanoord.

At present im just struggling to commit the time and dedication that the game deserves.

my last however many turns have been put aside to the last minute and become another job to do and thats not right.

no ones done anything daft or anything like that its just not working for me right now.

i want to say an absolutely massive thankyou to paul, your dedication is tremendous and has been much appreciated, aswell as the time and patience you have taken answering my many many many questions.

i also want to thank tom who keeps the forum going, his pre match game reviews are another level, and of coarse for all our endless all hemsoft chit chat (will miss that).

rob too, for being the guy that literally was always good for a deal (like always) and of coarse many words of wisdom.
honoury mentions for gaz whos 8m for maniche back in those early days set the ball rolling for the fulham adventure, and of coarse rich whos ability to play the wrong formation in the wrong tactic in year one allowed me to maintain a 100% record against him til the very end Wink

you never know once the batteries are recharged i may see if nigel clough will let me take over at my beloved derby and lead them back to their former glories
.never say never.

paul, i think theres a few quid left in the account so please have a beer on me,

gents it has been an absolute pleasure.

good luck
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: with the deepest regret   with the deepest regret Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun - 20:52

Disappointed but knew you were thinking about it.
If it isn't doing it for you anymore then there isn't much you can do. 

The game will certainly lose something too for me now, not being able to have the banter.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: with the deepest regret   with the deepest regret Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun - 21:43

Bit concerned about the game at the minute, knew about will, but also there seems to be a few managers that haven't got enough time for the game at the minute.

There is no interaction on the forum bar Paul's commentary every two weeks.

Is anyone else having dirty thoughts like will? Or is it just a case of people are wanting to still play the game but happy to do so intermittently?
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: with the deepest regret   with the deepest regret Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun - 22:20

Very sad news, it was will who got me to join up like most of the other Nottingham lads in the game. I knew he was talking about it but never thought he'd go through with it!

I've no intention of quitting, love the game too much but the lack of players on the forum, especially compared to the number of players from when I first started, is definitely at the detriment if the game. I'm not really sure what can be done about it though!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: with the deepest regret   with the deepest regret Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun - 7:21

I never know what to say when people leave the game, but it's sad news from Will there, I shall miss him, but that's life and it's only a game after all.

Best of luck and thanks for your enthusiasm and you're always welcome back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: with the deepest regret   with the deepest regret Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun - 9:34

It wouldn't be the same if I didnt do this....

The word you are looking for Will.. is "Course", not "Coarse". 

It's also Steed Malbranque, not Steve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: with the deepest regret   with the deepest regret Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun - 9:57

On a serious note, Will's departure from the game is a massive loss granted. But it's just the latest in a long line of managerial departures who have gone, and more worryingly not been replaced. 

When I first joined, We had Dan@Plymouth, Henrik@Brum, Rupert@Empoli, Lee@Juve, Ross@Everywhere, then we had Phil@Arsenal and Rich@Brum to join in with. We've also lost Matt@Hull and Dan@Sunderland too. I realise some of these were two years ago, and arguably, the game itself is better now than it was when they left. 

Myself, I don't want to quit, I am however more worried about the future of the game than ever before. It just seems that we cannot attract managers for love nor money and I don't know what to suggest. 

I agree with Tom, that the interaction on the forum has gone quieter, in my opinion that's because there's not anyone in the game that doesnt have a half decent squad. We dont have "Dave@Blackpool" or "John@Hull" who are tryin to build their sides and get better players from the more established squads. 

I also think it's harder than ever before to sign players, which is good for the game. However, I wonder now if it's too hard?. 
Examples of this in the last 4 weeks for me are. 
I wanted to add two more wingers to the squad. I found Mark Arnautovic at Innsbruck (I think), he was already 9797 and reality managed. His stats were rubbish and certiainly didnt warrant the sacrifice of someone like Demba Ba to get him in. In the olden days, I'd have been able to trial him, or swapbid him in. I couldnt trial him as Innsbruck are reality managed, and couldn't swapbid him for the same reason. 
Then I found Pablo Hernandez (Swansea winger) somewhere in Spain. Again, he was never going to be a major part of the side, but would have suited the squad. Despite him being at an unmanaged club, I couldnt trial him as Spain is a protected league. 
I also tried to NEW 15 players last turn, and didnt get one of them. Now, I'm sure I just got unlucky in the players I picked, but they were all 'below the radar types', I wasnt trying to NEW Adnan Januzjai (or however you spell it) or anything. 

So, persoanally, I'm on a bad trot with trying to improve the squad, unless I just buy someone from Jamie, which seems to be the only way I can get someone in the door. 
My work is also catching up with me in the same way Will's is, I havent done my turn yet, and I'm not sure I'll be able to get it back unless I email it. 
Not sure what to suggest, but very much up for the fight to improve the interaction in the game if everyone else is.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: with the deepest regret   with the deepest regret Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun - 10:24

I think it's very sad to see Will go so I'm disappointed.

On a note which might help those of you in England ... I've decided to bite the bullet and make the move. I haven't spoken to Paul yet but at the end of the season I'm going to give up Boca as my feeder club  and switch up to move to England. Not sure how the feeder/main club mix will work but I'll chat to Paul. Want to keep Inter after all the years of effort.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: with the deepest regret   with the deepest regret Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun - 11:51

A few people have spoken to me about it being too hard to sign players for english clubs when the player they want is playing out side england at a reality managed club. Because the reality managers snap up all the better players now. Worth discussing for sure if it's no longer working and taking away from the fun of the game.
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: with the deepest regret   with the deepest regret Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun - 19:27

The signing of players from reality clubs I find very frustrating I have to admit, not just for Watford but for ancona too. It normally takes a couple of turns to work out what the reality manager wants and to up the percentage of the bid and then just as I think I have it sussed out, the player gets reviewed, I assume because of the attention from a few bids, and I have to start over again. 
Is it a good thing that it's hard to sign players? Yes it probably is but it does take a bit of the fun out the game if I'm honest.

It'll be good to have you over in England rob.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: with the deepest regret   with the deepest regret Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun - 13:14

Will it's been a pleasure playing against you and so disappointing to hear. Hopefully we can tempt you back shortly. We do need to see if we can get some more managers though back into the game, how we do this though am not sure...
Back to top Go down

with the deepest regret
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: Off Topic-
Jump to: