Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...

Go down 
+3
Ben@Plymouth
Tom@Charlton
Paul Hemmings
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 12:11

Nicolas Anelka going out on a high note there as he announced he would be retiring from playing to take up a coaching job at Charlton for next season. What a great player he has been over the years, not always appreciated by his peers, but one of the best for sure...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 12:12

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Villa 2 Norwich 4 Beattie on 89 minutes.
There's work to be done.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 12:13

Independente 2 Boca 2 Sven Bender rescues Rob from the jaws of defeat in the dying second of his final game in charge at Boca, where, lets face it, he has been supremely successful.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 12:15

and that's it, it is really all over now, for another season, so let's waste no time in confirming the various league Champions for you...
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 12:15

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Nicolas Anelka going out on a high note there as he announced he would be retiring from playing to take up a coaching job at Charlton for next season. What a great player he has been over the years, not always appreciated by his peers, but one of the best for sure...

Been a great signing for me, will always have a place at The Valley.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 12:17

Fantastic performance all season from the lads. I can enjoy my honeymoon in peace now! Congrats to Tom who pushed my team all the way. Will be emailing/PMing my turn in Paul if that's ok as obv won't be back home...?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 12:20

Argentina Boca Juniors
Brazil Flamengo
Eire Bohemians
England Plymouth
France Nantes
Germany Bayern
Holland Ajax
Italy Inter Milan
Poland Gornik
Portugal Benfica
Russia Spartak Moscow
Scotland Inverness
Spain Barcelona
USA Galaxy
Serbia Red Star
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 12:21

Congratulations to all the winners and especially the "Double" winners, Rob and Matt.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 12:23

Okay I have to crack on now and get the rest of the things run before sending them out, I hate these short weeks tbh. I hope it has been an enjoyable season, I know I have really enjoyed it again, and it really is a pleasure for me to run this little game of mine. So thanks very much to all of you for another very enjoyable season.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 12:25

Paul, thanks a million for making it such good fun.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 12:27

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Okay I have to crack on now and get the rest of the things run before sending them out, I hate these short weeks tbh. I hope it has been an enjoyable season, I know I have really enjoyed it again, and it really is a pleasure for me to run this little game of mine. So thanks very much to all of you for another very enjoyable season.

As enjoyable as ever!

Great improvements have been made to the game again this year, there is always things to think about.  Its a pleasure to play it.  Many thanks for all the hours you put into it.

Sounds like there is gonna be some big transfer news this week....
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 12:46

Fantastic season once again Paul and thanks. Tom/Rich your job to convince Will to come back - perhaps Forest is beckoning now Rob is in England...?
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 12:57

Been a great season, delighted with Watford's progress after a very nearly being relegated last season.

Congratulations to all the title winners.

Many thanks Paul for all your hard work.

Can't wait for next season, sounds like Plymouth are going to be even stronger!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 15:51

Just finished running the transfers and some of you now have 40 players in your squads as a result of loans ending. So I have tweaked the maximum squad size hard limit to only apply on weeks 1 to 22. So during the 2 weeks of the mid-season there is now no hard limit of 25 players. That should help alleviate the congestion.

Transfer highlights

Watford signed Diego Costa for £37millions from Inter, that was the big deal of the week.

Eriksen returned to Feyenoord as his loan ended, he will now be available for bids on week 23. He wasn't available this week due to him still being at Newcastle. 

Mangala did move to Plymouth 
Siem De Jong went to Betis
Celtic grabbed Ochoa
Blackburn sign Ben Foster
Milan grabbed Afellay
Charlton swapped Kolarov for Willian

and

Ancona got Courtois for a bargain £6millions !

plenty of other deals went through this week mostly endloans as you'd expect.

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Thu 28 Aug - 18:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 15:53

doing the financials next then I'll be emailing out the turns, today.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 17:05

okay email turns sent out, doing the printing now.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Aug - 6:28

Printing all sent.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Aug - 8:20

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Just finished running the transfers and some of you now have 40 players in your squads as a result of loans ending. So I have tweaked the maximum squad size hard limit to only apply on weeks 1 to 22. So during the 2 weeks of the mid-season there is now no hard limit of 25 players. That should help alleviate the congestion.

Thanks Paul,  just a quick question regarding academies as I'm not sure anyone else has had this problem.

I've had more players graduate from the schoolboy academy due to age than the youth academy.  They can't go in the youth academy as that is full.  However, the youth academy has players that could go into the schoolboy academy (under 20).  Is there a quick way to move all of them into the right academies or is it just a case of enrolling them one at a time?

Many thanks
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Aug - 10:10

One at a time i'm afraid, always best to spread this type of thing out over a few weeks else you do get swamped at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Regular International - 95/95
Regular International - 95/95
Matt@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Aug - 11:21

Cheers Paul for your hard work over the season!

Barcelona's best season for me, can't grumble with a treble including the champions league. On a sad note it was Carlos Puyol's last game before he retired so he came on for the last 5mins to lift the la liga trophy.  Now for a sort out with some players leaving to get the squad size down a bit!

As for Flamengo, they did it the hard way on the last day coming back from 3-0 down.  Very happy to have pipped Santos to the title and a respectable runners up in the cup.  Big decision now is if I can fit Lewandowski in at Barcelona or keep him at Flamengo for a bit longer? Next target copa libertadores, bit more of a chance now Robs moved to England!
Back to top Go down
Rich@Birmingham
Championship 90/90
Championship 90/90
Rich@Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...   Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Aug - 23:35

Hello all, been a mad few weeks, got promoted at work so not been at home for the majority of it with training unfortunately, will all be finished before the new season starts thankfully so can enjoy the start of that with no distractions! 

Very happy that Gremio managed to pull off the great escape on the last day of the season and their squad is finally under control so can hopefully have a proper go next season! Just need to sort Birminghams squad out, lots of promotions from the youth academy so will be looking at letting some go that havent stepped up.

Congrats Ben on winning the league and to everyone else that has had some success this season.  cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

Season 24 Week 22 processing, last week of the season...
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8