Tom@Charlton
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

squad size and feeders - 25 max? Empty
PostSubject: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeSun 1 Nov - 15:13

Hi all,

A couple of questions:

1. What happens if you have a squad of 25 (max) and want to new/buy/bid/trial somebody else?

2. 25 doesn't seem enough to put out a team in the League, the Cup and a Reserve side. What if you've got injured players too?

3. Some of the 25 are youths who 'are too good for the youth academy', but I'm very happy to use them as subs to gain exp. However, the 25 max rule means that the depth of my squad is badly affected by giving youths a chance. Should I get a Feeder club and cart them off?

4. Do people mainly use Feeder clubs to keep hold of players that they don't want to lose but cannot fit into their main team squad of 25? 

5. How much to Feeder clubs cost (real-money)?

Cheers, Andy.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeSun 1 Nov - 16:50

I think this is a lot about how you want to do things at your own  club. At Inter my squad is 20 players - 2 GK, 4 fullbacks, 3 CB's, [url=x-apple-data-detectors://0]1 AM[/url], 4 DY's (2 are capable of playing BW or AM), 2 TM's and [url=x-apple-data-detectors://1]4 ST.[/url] I also have 4 in my Dev Academy and 2 of those play in the reserves. Of the 20, 6 are 23 or under so youth getting a go. I do have another 12 out on loan at various clubs but 8 of them are 21 or under and could all sit in a youth academy. 2 of the others - Varane and Griezmann could easily fit in my team.

So far this season I have had De Rossi and Khedira injured/suspended but had enough resources to cope.

This week I have 22 players as I have 2 on trial. So more than enough space.

A feeder club is useful but don't get one in England as it's of no use unless you have English eligible players to loan.  I used to use Boca this way and it helped me with Inter as I'd regularly play 5/6 new players together for a while at Boca before moving them to Inter. Boca also benefit by winning lots and making lots of money with a tiny wage bill as all the players were on loan (the CF version of Watford).
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeSun 1 Nov - 18:30

Thanks Rob. I'm still a little unsure about some things:

For instance, I have a scout of Real Mad, and there are 44 players on it and only 5 are under 22. How can that be if squad max is 25? The scout might have been from wk23 or 24 - if that means that loaned players had been returned?

Also, is 'Dev Academy' another name for the Youth Academy? Or is there a whole 'academy' that I know nothing about (might explain a few things actually!)?

Andy.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeSun 1 Nov - 20:45

Yeah at the end of the season a lot of players come back from on loan, so I'd ignore that particular scout report.

Development Academy is separate from youth and schoolboy ones.

Schoolboy - max 25 under 20yo
Youth - max 25 under 22yo
Development - max 10 under 24yo

If you have 25 players in your first team squad, you can still new/trial players but if you get them and are over 25 the following week then you will get a transfer ban until you go back under 26 players.  Also, your squad understanding will get hammered and affect your next performance, it really isn't worth it.

Feeders are treated two different ways to be honest, one is to hoard players like you say, but some managers do treat it as a separate club, like Rob with Villa.  I try and have a balance between the two.  I do use the feeder to create space at Charlton though, having ten players on loan there so I can keep my squad size at 22.  The most notable being Oxlade-Chamberlain, who would struggle to get a game at Charlton.  Depends how you want to use it really.  Like Rob says though, avoid getting one in England because of the restrictions.

Feeder clubs cost exactly the same as main clubs.
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov - 1:09

Interesting, thanks guys.

Think I'll go for a dev acad - just got to find 25m or so now!

Do you happen to know if players moan about being too good for the dev acad?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov - 6:51

Couldn't tell you mate, decided against one because of the cost.

Hopefully one of the others can tell you.
Back to top Go down
Ollie@Preston
Conference - 84/84
Conference - 84/84
Ollie@Preston

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov - 8:07

I had El Shaarawy and De Sciglio who were 99 97 and both thought they were too good.
Back to top Go down
Ollie@Preston
Conference - 84/84
Conference - 84/84
Ollie@Preston

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov - 8:07

Sorry, bloody hell, Ollie's been on my phone.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov - 8:08

Sorry Wilson family, back to school, confiscated technology issue.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov - 9:26

Andy@Schalke wrote:

A trick for building academys is you can build the structure, but you don't need to equip it to actually enroll players into them.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov - 11:29

Phil@fulham wrote:
Andy@Schalke wrote:

A trick for building academys is you can build the structure, but you don't need to equip it to actually enroll players into them.
Does anyone have fully equipped academies?  And how effective are they if you do?
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov - 12:47

Think I'll do what Phil suggests and build the thing and see if the players whinge about being in there.

I assume that players that think they're too good for the Youth Acad may not whinge about being in the Dev Acad?

Also, would an under equipped acad have a bearing on whether players would be happy to be there?

Finally, can I force players to attend, whinging or not? Otherwise, what's the point? I'm not particularly interested in having mediocre players in my Dev acad....

Perhaps PAUL could answer those last 3 points?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov - 7:33

will do as soon as game 2 is run Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov - 9:18

Also, would an under equipped acad have a bearing on whether players would be happy to be there?

Interested to hear what the case is on this one. I may need to stay spending!!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov - 7:44

you dont need equipment in your academy to make attendees happy, but you do need it if you want the attendees to be trained up.

Star players are players who have already received some notoriety in real life and/or are playing for a sizeable team in real life already, these players are given a star rating 1 to 9, 1 being a future star or somebody expected to do very well, he will go to your academies, but players rated 2 to 9 wont attend academies, so Casemiro for instance is a 23 year old Brazilian international player and he is rated  atm as star 2 so he wont attend your academy, any academy, attitude 1, he will want first 11 football as a Brazilian international. Draxler is rated as a star 4 so he too wont attend academies even though he is only 22, first team for him too. But Bernd Leno is currently rated a star 1 is 23 so he will attend your academy, German Under 21 probably going to be a star 2 soon though and at that point he will quit the academy.

You cannot force players to attend.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov - 7:48

Once a player receives some reasonable level in real life and that has been acknowledged on my database, usually with the owner doing a review, you need to decide if he is worth keeping or not.

Players that wont attend your academy will be happy to move to your feeder club ( feeder club rules apply to these loans ) while you decide whether or not to keep them permanently.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov - 9:14

Paul, can a detective do a report on the star ratings of your club?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov - 13:14

Rob@Inter wrote:
Paul, can a detective do a report on the star ratings of your club?

not at the moment it only comes out on the international turns.
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: squad size and feeders - 25 max?   squad size and feeders - 25 max? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov - 14:40

Thanks Paul.

That all sounds sensible to me.

I wouldn't dream of putting somebody like Casemiro in an academy, or even Draxler - I'd want it for players like Meyer and Embolo.

I suppose any contention would surface if we disagree with your opinion of a players attitude/status.

Nothing new there then...:p
Back to top Go down

squad size and feeders - 25 max?
Page 1 of 1