Go down 
+2
Mark@Newcastle
Ben@Plymouth
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Ferdinand or Gerrard - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand or Gerrard   Ferdinand or Gerrard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:30 pm

he stays on the list
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand or Gerrard   Ferdinand or Gerrard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:46 pm

Stone scored a cracking goal for England, think it was against Portugal.

He played a massive role in the season where Forest finished 3rd in the Prem under Frank Clark, think it was 94/95 and was involved in Euro 96.

Get him him off the list!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand or Gerrard   Ferdinand or Gerrard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Jamie@Watford wrote:
Stone played a role and was involved in Euro 96.

So did Nicky Walker! He was aged 33 at the time and was 3rd choice keeper for Scotland whilst playing for Partick Thistle.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand or Gerrard   Ferdinand or Gerrard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:26 pm

steve stone was better than darren anderton i always thought, so he was ok in that era. he always had a lot of energy and commitment so couldnt fault that, though those arn't really winger attributes. ashley young, adam johnson, james milner and stewart downing of today's era are all better than stone ever was, though i see a lot of similaritiesn between milner and stone in that both are/were the hard working type of wide midfielder.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand or Gerrard   Ferdinand or Gerrard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:49 pm

Lol I just have fond memories of him for some reason. I'll come back with a more knowledgable comment to restore my dignity at some point lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand or Gerrard   Ferdinand or Gerrard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 2:18 am

Hard working? Well fuck me, he better play for England then!

I know 33 miners that are hardworking...

Is that what you meant Stu? Miner?... Surely you didn't mean Milner?... Milner is a footballer

Steve stones method of getting past a full back, was to give him the ball, then try and tackle him!

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand or Gerrard   Ferdinand or Gerrard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 6:36 pm

Rich@Leicester wrote:

Steve stones method of getting past a full back, was to give him the ball, then try and tackle him!

i remember some of his style being like that, and there's me thinking it was part of his game. maybe he was shit then Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand or Gerrard   Ferdinand or Gerrard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:15 pm

Martin@Bohemians wrote:
Jamie@Watford wrote:
Stone played a role and was involved in Euro 96.

So did Nicky Walker! He was aged 33 at the time and was 3rd choice keeper for Scotland whilst playing for Partick Thistle.

Nicky Walker was a football genius.
Back to top Go down

Ferdinand or Gerrard
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Football Chat-
Jump to: