Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec - 20:26

well that's easy enough! lol

so basicly we just need people to AGREE and we can get the wheels in motion and instead of talking about it... actualy make it happen. Smile

"- x2player TV + Player
- player must atleast be of the same PTCR or Higher
- fake real managers active in the transfer market"

+

- players can be bought for 2.5xTV Value?

gives me a idea Idea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec - 20:52

X4 sounds excessive, with my bank balance it would rule me out of a lot of these players!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec - 23:31

Tom@Charlton-Bayern wrote:
Agree with Will here,

stop the press !!!

and also:

"I prefer it when you have to chase hard for a player as there aren't millions of alternatives out there. "

Absolutely nailed the point im failing miserably to make

on a positive note tho,

at least we all agree we want more activity in the game, its just nailing that happy medium

Last edited by Will@Fulham on Sun 20 Dec - 23:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec - 23:33

so which clubs become unmanaged and which clubs have 'real/fake managers'?

Those clubs that do get 'real fake managers' maybe Paul should review all their players to make sure they have a realistic tv, that would stop you getting Carlton Cole for 8 million!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec - 23:41

i think its been mentioned before somewhere

but for me.

All the teams that were previously manged by Geoff fields, Linda Horwell, Don Cowie,Dave Mulligan that chopper dude who was at wimbledon etc etc.etc etc

it worked before, there was plenty of teams managed and theyre were plenty of teams and players available to swapbid with.

Hopefully we can come out of this with a better game, as we all were mithed as to why they would sit theyre with an ancient and dying Napoli side or a back 5 that included Lenny pidgley ,horacio Carbonari and Cory gibbs.

Hopefully by the time we thrash out something on here we will have managed clubs with their own personalised real life manager who are active in the transfer market and give a greater and more realistic level of competition and doesnt just muddle by on outstanding team understanding
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec - 23:46

Will@Fulham wrote:
i think its been mentioned before somewhere

but for me.

All the teams that were previously manged by Geoff fields, Linda Horwell, Don Cowie,Dave Mulligan that chopper dude who was at wimbledon etc etc.etc etc

it worked before, there was plenty of teams managed and theyre were plenty of teams and players available to swapbid with.

Hopefully we can come out of this with a better game, as we all were mithed as to why they would sit theyre with an ancient and dying Napoli side or a back 5 that included Lenny pidgley ,horacio Carbonari and Cory gibbs.

Hopefully by the time we thrash out something on here we will have managed clubs with their own personalised real life manager who are active in the transfer market and give a greater and more realistic level of competition and doesnt just muddle by on outstanding team understanding

So every protected club will get a 'fake real' manager?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 11:21

The clubs that were previously managed to get fake managers, the clubs previously unmanaged to go back that way seems to be the common concensus. Previously swops were worked out with the two points difference in PTCR and a cash adjustment either way depending on how the swop worked out. So if we agree to this 2x/2.5x TV value having to be paid I assume we could in theory abuse the system to build cash up. And if not then I don't think we should have to fork out the cash either.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 13:18

its a good idea in priniciple rich i agree their for under rated players like Carlton Cole, or players who would be in high demand with low TV's. the problem i have with all this is if you just wanted to swap in a player as a handy reserve who is by no means as high in demand as somebody like Carlton Cole.

Say there was a 25 y/o 9595 worth 6m that you fancied just swapping in to play in your reserves in exchange for your 32 y/o 9595 has-been. would this mean you would pay 18m plus whatever player you offered in exchange?

i do like the idea rich but phil is right in some respect that it will push all valuations to pretty silly levels. i've only ever paid more than 20m for one player and that was Daniele De Rossi and though he was worth it i doubt i'll ever do anything like that again in the near future. for a player like carlton cole this is an excellent idea rich but 18m for a 9595? on your bike! though i do understand that the basis of your idea is to make it very very hard to get a player from an UM club....i just think the market might become quite stagnated if the ruling was applied to ALL swaps.

what if....the ruling of 3x only applied to category A countries (England, Italy, Arg, Brazil, Spain, France, Holland, Germany). Category B countries 2x and then Category C you pay just the standard TV ontop of the swap of your player.

?

atleast this way you could sign players from lesser nations for slightly less...which is probably true to real life. i just dont think its realistic to assume a macedonian 9595 is worth 18m. except Goran Pandev. though he is more like 9797 i expect anyway. and players of his quality among lesser nations are one in a million.

Last edited by Stuart@Roma on Mon 21 Dec - 13:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 13:24

wrong.

the target players value then becomes £18m, but the player swapped out still retains his value in a normal swap deal.

its not £18m plus player.

its £18m (minus resale value of swapped player).

This isnt aimed at ALL swaps. This is just PROTECTED. The idea is to retain that clubs talented squad..for new managers that join the game, without making them totally inactive.

As a by-product. As all clubs would in theory be susceptable to either a normal swap or a 'PRO-SWAP' as I'll name it....then you wouldnt have teams romping away with leagues, purely cos their TU is sooooo high cos no sod's been able to deal with them for so long!.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 13:27

right gotcha....though i quite like my idea above their ^^^^ about the multiples of what you pay being related to the category of the nation that paul holds for them in the game....

cat A = 3x TV minus swap value of your player
cat B = 2x TV minus swap value of your player
cat C = 1x TV minus swap value of your player

i do like your idea though Rich, so good thinking on your part.

Rich@Leicester wrote:

This isnt aimed at ALL swaps. This is just PROTECTED. The idea is to retain that clubs talented squad..for new managers that join the game, without making them totally inactive.

i think maybe it should be aimed at all swaps if brought into effect. better that every deal uses the same kind of formula i think. then even the unmanaged clubs can use its funds to build a better team? so long as paul creates some AI for them to do it, which Will said is possible...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 15:26

What happened to my excellent moan/post regarding Carlton Cole?? It took me ages and its disappeared!?!?!?!?! Stu? Did you delete it? Did I put something I shouldn't have?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 15:52

i havnt deleted anything dan unless it was in phil's vote topic which he requested to be deleted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 16:16

I'll give you the benefit of doubt this time mate Wink

Gutted though cos it was another well constructed post if I don't say so myself.

I can't be arsed to type it out again, I wouldn't get near to the same quality, instead in summary: Carlton Cole is signing for Sunderland AFC.

He is my one and only target for the year, please can everyone leave him alone so I can make a signing. Ta.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 16:21

no. sharnt.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 16:23

i am officially interested in Carlton Cole Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 17:27

Stuart@Roma wrote:
i am officially interested in Carlton Cole Twisted Evil

Sorry Dan, I want him 2!

Careful tho lads its starting to get complicated again - we only have the 10 dealings each turn and we all know how frustrating it is when we do the slightest thing wrong and a deal doesnt go through - lets keep it simple.

I personally think deals with unmanaged clubs should remain as they are.

However, I do like Rich's idea of 2x the tv of a player minus the tv of the player you are swapping out when dealing with the protected clubs.

Also like the idea of trying to keep the protected/'real fake managers' competitive so maybe the 'no players over 30' to be swapped out to these particular clubs should work.

Still dont think all 22 protected clubs in England need protecting tho, along with some of the obscure foreign clubs in leagues which have no forum managers in at all!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 18:32

Damn was gonna offer Babel a go at my half time entertainment.......have to stick with good old Alan Partridge!
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 18:55

I agree fully with tom, these rules do sound like good ideas.. but like tom says the forum managed clubs in england would end up with ALL the decent players and the other teams would be pritty much fade out the game. if we can just add fake managers to the major teams in england and leave the other clubs unmanaged i think the game would be fine. and if a "protected club" wants to sell a player.. he gets put on the Transfer List for Everyone to bid??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 19:15

Tom@Charlton-Bayern wrote:
My personal opinion from down here in Death Valley is:

1. All current 'protected' clubs get a new 'fake' manager.
2. The only way to deal with them for their players is OPENBID.
3. Swapbidding remains the same for all unmanged teams as before.
4. 'Fake' managers a lot more active than the previous incumbants were.

Simples.

oh and,

5. Ryan Babel is going nowhere.

Very Happy

scary this, but whole heartedly agree with Thomas,

Really like riches ideas too.

are we saying then were potentially looking at 3 sets of managing groups

1. forum managers
2. real /fake managers
3. unmanaged

the rules we are suggesting, are they to apply to 2 & 3 or one set for 2 and one for 3.

Paul seemed to suggest that in his opinion the real fake managers need a level of protection otherwise constant swpabidding from them will make them less competitive for us,
as they will never have the opportunity to build up any team understanding.

thats the reason ive been banging on about making their players very pricey.

probably should have mentioned that earlier lol!!

but i think were heading down the right road with Richie suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 19:34

the thing is Will, your not only making the players at the protected clubs/fake managers expensive your making the Whole market more messed up then it already is...

Last edited by Phil@Arsenal on Mon 21 Dec - 19:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 19:39

Bring on the wall !!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 20:00

Phil@Arsenal wrote:
the thing is Will, your not only making the players at the protected clubs/fake managers expensive your making the Whole market more messed up then it already is...

feel free to throw something else out there phil by all means.

something that doesnt turn the game into a 'free for all' fantasy football.

good luck luck with that.

We cant have our cake and eat it.

On one hand we want the other teams to be competitive in the league and active in the transfer market and on the other we want to be able to swapbid their best players for relatively bugger all (the way its currently set) and still expect them to do well.

its not going to happen is it mate,

one thing has to give, my proposals have been to try and make the other teams cometitive, if you want it the other way then fine but it means we'll be playing against, not just shit, but unsettled shit week to week. which for me isnt much fun.

the final alternative is that we all write to paul and ask him to reinstate Geoff, linda and co and we just get on with how it use to be.....but that aint happening so we need t make a call
officially frustrated lol bounce
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 20:23

well the game didnt have this problem when Geoff and Linda etc were in the game.. but people started complaing because the people arnt real a "green" pen. so even if paul did get real people to join the game.. and they didnt use the forum they wud end up in the postal side.. and if we get mates to join the people complain at "shadey dealings"

i also refuse to pay x3 a players value.. + a player for a player, and i rich refuses to settle with x2.....

and well its all being based on carlton cole being valued at 4mil...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 20:25

your still my favourite tho lol!!!

just ahead of Richie M flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 20:27

I can assure you none of the nottingham branch complained of green pen.

so what are u proposing?

how would you like to see the game advance?
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs   Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 20:33

the only sugestion i can think of... is that keep all the major teams protected until a manager can be found, that would be all the teams in the premier league and probs Pompy as they seem to be one ot the better teams in the lower leagues, and Shef utd, so that there isnt a slaughter for Carlton Cole.

apart from that... go hand Flyers out for people to join Hemsoft?
Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Transfers from/to Protected Clubs
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next