Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug - 23:36

Than you gaz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug - 23:38

Its not an advantage.....its your fucking choice, We really are getting into some fucking stupid debates on here lately.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 0:05

Phil@Arsenal wrote:
You get two payments at the end of the year... tv prize money and league placement money so u do get prized for finishing higher don't u ?

tv money is in turn 1
league prize money is turn 23

league placing effects league prize money, yes.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 0:10

Gaz@Chelsea wrote:
Its not an advantage.....its your fucking choice, We really are getting into some fucking stupid debates on here lately.

bloody hell gaz keep your hairy mary on, its a discussion. are you skint or somefin?

actually maybe the system should work that those who are in good financial health get the money upfront and those that are in poor financial health get the money weekly. if you cant put your house in order then the game will do it for you, or atleast penalise you for it somewhat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 7:54

Wait!!!!!!!

Gaz...THE Gaz, said 'END OF'...so that's it we can't talk about it anymore!!

Jesus Christ lads get over yourselves!...perhaps it's a London club thing again, although even Toms having a reasonable debate!

All I've heard you two say so far (Phil and Gaz)...is effectively

"because it just is"...and "I want, I want"

Put some reasoning behind it will you, just so we can call it a discussion again and not a crèche!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 11:59

I think this is an interesting debate. In any line of business, as I think Rich said, there are such things as volume/spread discounts - if you pay your car insurance in a lump sum it's cheaper than monthly (i.e. the insurance get their cash quicker so you pay less). Therefore it makes sense to give a bonus for not collecting immediately.

Also if you get 20m at the start of the season the interest you would get on that at game rates over a 24 week period would make this a total of around 23.5m (rough calculation as it's too early for thinking here and I'm just going over my pitch for the NFL deal). So there really isn't a financial benefit in getting paid over 24 weeks.

Finally do the filthy Manc scum get paid more than West Brom for both of these? Yes they do. Therefore you'd have to say that a performance element makes sense or at least reflects reality somewhat.

There's some rational thinking for you ...... END OF.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 11:59

Sorry Gaz, couldn't resist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 13:48

Quick question to those who were in the top flight in England last year, or any other top flight come to think of it

What did u receive prize money?

I think I got 6m for finishing 3rd and in the playoffs in the championship last year,

Can't remember but i think Phil and rich who finished ahead of me got 8m

Anyone remember wha they got last year
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 13:54

I actually can't remember. I think I came 4th in Serie A.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 16:24

I got 8m for winning Serie B so i'm guessing i'll get a lot less this time around. Last time i got 4m for coming 10th in Serie A i think. i've never finished higher than 9th so i've no idea.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 16:33

the best point made here I feel was will's one about earnings shouldnt be regarded as a handout. i seriously think that 25m for every team in the division is odd at the very least. i don't know many top division leagues where the tv money goes dutch ( shared out ). if the pot of money for tv rights in each top league is 12 x 25m = 300m then i suppose 300m should be the amount divided out, but not in a way that promotes communism. that way not even our old furry friend could say there's too much money in the game, as it'd be the same. only the rich getting richer and the poorer needing to pull there fingers out instead of making bad managerial choices. a failed season should result in poorer revenue, a succesful one should be rewarded. i dont really see how tv money should be split evenly, the best teams should have the most to work with.

so maybe:

1st: 45m
2nd: 40m
3rd: 35m
4th: 30m
5th: 27.5m
6th: 25m
7th: 22.5m
8th: 20m
9th: 17.5m
10th: 15m
11th: 12.5m
12th: 10m

= 300m
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 16:46

Every premier league club gets 30 million a season, all other earnings from tv is based on how well they do, how many games are shown etc.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 16:50

Rich@Birmingham wrote:
all other earnings from tv is based on how well they do, how many games are shown etc.

true, tho its not split completely. the top team should maybe get 33% more than the bottom one then like real life? (blackpool got 39m last year was it? and man u 60 something?)

still, if you look at blackpool's revenue form sponsors and the like i doubt its not a patch on united so i dunno....whose to say what a fair split would be. i'm just tossing numbers in the air tbh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 17:42

That's one thing that is completely out of wack compared to real life, sponsorship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 19:12

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 19:25

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Idea on TV Payments   Idea on TV Payments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 19:38

funny
Back to top Go down

Idea on TV Payments
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2