champions league?

you're having a laugh!!!

5th in the UEFA club rankings?

you're having a laugh!!!
Back to top Go down

Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arsenal   Arsenal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:14 pm

i apologise in advance to whoever has him in the game,

but im sorry johan djourou is quite simply the shitest defender iv ever seen in an arsenal shirt

bring back Cygan and stepanos

and dont get me started on Arshavin
Back to top Go down

Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arsenal   Arsenal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Fucking loving it!
Back to top Go down

Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arsenal   Arsenal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Just watched Utd run rings around Notts County. Embarrassing really, see they made us wear Arsenal shirts for some reason.

Not sure where Hughesy was, or why Wenger was in our dugout...it's a strange world

Bit disappointed to lose 8-2...I thought even Notts would show some more fight and defensive understanding than that
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arsenal   Arsenal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Will@Fulham wrote:

bring back Cygan and stepanos

and remi garde. and jimmy carter. oh and pal lydersen.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arsenal   Arsenal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:16 pm

maybe even christopher wreh aswell. he was good at back flips. he'd have given united more problem on the left than arshavin thats for sure just with those back flips!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arsenal   Arsenal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:18 pm

the thing is....i used to think those guys were shit. and stephen hughes....he would have looked a class act in this side today!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arsenal   Arsenal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:25 pm

just pissing myself at paul merson's comments. 'alex ferguson will be on a beach next week, arsene wenger will be on a phone trying to bring in a player for 6m'......

Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arsenal   Arsenal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:55 pm

I have to say that the blame doesn't lie with the players in my opinion. The full backs are both untried kids. Jenkinson more used to League 1 than Old Trafford. The holding midfielder again a total novice and the 2 centre mids - one of them is a kid (although a very good one) and the other is an injury prone crock who has been on top of his game since the 2006 World Cup. Arshavin looks like he wants to join Eto'o on 20m a year plus bonus at Anzhi or maybe join Fergie on that beach. And the skipper, van Persie looks as confident as Rupert Murdoch in front of a jury. To be fair Walcott looked OK and the keeper couldn't have done much about any of the 8.

So why hasn't Wenger signed any cover? He refuses to instilled discipline and suffers the consequences, 3 reds and 1 post match ban in 3 league games, plus no planning around replacements for players he knows are going and finally he's needed a centre half for 3 years. Then to cap it he sends out this shambles of a team to play hung ho, suicidal football. They charged up the pitch like any of the 100 teams you'll see on Hackney Marshes every Sunday. No tactics, shit planning, a mess. It's like watching Forest when Cloughie's boozing got out of control.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arsenal   Arsenal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:07 pm

he cant use the youngster thing as an excuse, as neville pointed out, the average age of united was 23.

btw...Coquelin should have done better really, he played most of the games for Lorient in ligue 1 last season so not really a total novice. he isn't good enough for the top level and that's it, no excuses for him and as for arshavin and rosicky....where were they? only jenkinson can be excused the poor showing their today.
Back to top Go down

Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arsenal   Arsenal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:10 pm

managers fault totally.

i just dont understand,

when wenger first came to england he brought in Viera and Petit and basically it was like.

"if u get through that all the best to u" which served as a platform for the likes of overmars and co to go and play their lovely pretty football.

they did the dirty work, they havnt had a player like that since Flamini,

they currently have a few pretenders to the crown of midfield enforcers but nothing that even comes close.

If arsen is to win anything again in england he has to wake up and realise over here u have to have a player or two that do the nasty stuff and im not talking about putting the boot in and getting sent off.

they need an engine room and fast.

surely the money they spent on chanberlain would have been better served on someone who can help to get them results now.

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arsenal   Arsenal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:10 pm

I don't see a problem......Arsene's doing a fine fine job Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arsenal   Arsenal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Rob@Inter wrote:

So why hasn't Wenger signed any cover? He refuses to instilled discipline and suffers the consequences, 3 reds and 1 post match ban in 3 league games, plus no planning around replacements for players he knows are going and finally he's needed a centre half for 3 years. Then to cap it he sends out this shambles of a team to play hung ho, suicidal football. They charged up the pitch like any of the 100 teams you'll see on Hackney Marshes every Sunday. No tactics, shit planning, a mess. It's like watching Forest when Cloughie's boozing got out of control.

I think also a lot comes down to David Dein standing down from the board 5 years ago or whenever it was. he used to go out and get the players that arsene would ask him to go and get. i cant imagine wenger wouldnt have the backing of the board to go and get whoever he likes but i get the distinct feeling that because the rest of the board fell out with Dein and then quit that wenger has since decided to not confront them, or atleast as little as he needs to. hence why the fabregas sale dragged on and on and the nasri one thats been on the cards all summer took ages to complete. and the same reason players have hardly been flocking to the emirates in recent summers. if dein was still their i doubt very much there would have been all that apathy - aswell as the forthcoming one of arsene scrambling for players at the last minute of the window.

havn't most of the previous arsenal regime quit the board now ( i think one even died? ). Arsenal's biggest problem if you ask me is from within, and wenger's upset at losing his loyal friend dein has resulted in all the mess. I'm pretty sure if Dein was reinstated to his position as technical director that harmony would be restored, or atleast their would be some sort of structure at the club. at the moment there is no structure starting from the bottom right the way up to the players on the pitch.

wenger badly needs someone above him to do the negotiating, he is clearly at odds with himself, and the board - and far distanced from them at that - and i don't think is capable of doing the job of a football manager. he is purely a coach, and a good one evne though is methods are often questionable. until there is some sort of link or relationship between the coach and the board then arsenal are stuck with what they've got for a long, long time. they need a technical director....every club has one and arsenal have not replaced theirs since dein quit.
Back to top Go down

Arsenal
Page 1 of 1