Paul Hemmings
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Week 6 processing - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 12:44

Arsenal

We'll start on the pitch, six games, the first four of which only produced one win with the MIX tactic, and since the switch to FLY they have two wins one of which was by three goals , so I'd say that was working out well, but could be improved by switching their striker to a centre forward, as the wingers do prefer playing with a centre forward, he is easier to find than a striker in close games when they are under pressure whilst trying to cross.

Squad is right at the maximum limit of 25 players, with 5 under22s, but of those one is unused atm, Chris Gunter needs to play in either the first team or reserves, so they may have to sell to make room for him if they want to happily keep him. If you keep him unused he will eventually upset more players who are playing, especially as he is an international.

Financially the Gunners are struggling with a £3million debt and players are worried about not being paid next week. But can still raise £5million from sale of their internet rights to the Emirates conglomerate. They also dont have a travel sponsor, drink sponsor or phone sponsor, all small amounts, but they do add up.

Is Joey Barton going to be happy playing week in week out in the reserves ?

Aaron Ramsey will be turning 22 this year and will also need some time in the first team, so plenty of issues on the horizon for Phil to think about.

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Wed 25 Jan - 12:46; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 12:45

I agree, its much easier to control a small squad, only got a few players to move out now. Then the issue of keeping them happy with playing time begins!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 12:45

Tom@Charlton wrote:
I might call up Beckham to the England squad now he is on mega wage, seeing as I have no other English players, it might make the others think that they want more!!Twisted Evil

Nice move Tom Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 12:48

Very interesting stuff Paul, can you shed any light on the woes of the Birmingham faithful?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 12:49

Okay we'll look at Birmingham next
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 12:53

Same with the Plymouth side please Paul, if you have any further thoughts above and beyond the tactical stuff already mentioned?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 12:53

Birmingham

We'll start on the pitch, the first thing that pops right out at me is six league games and already you've used 3 tactical systems. A loss under MIX, then you swapped to FLY and recorded a win, a draw, anarrow defeat at Maine Road, and a draw against Plymouth, then you switched to CAT for this weeks draw at Reading, I suspect if you'd continued to play FLY then you may well have won at Reading this week. So I'm going to play a practice match to see how that would have panned out for you...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 12:55

Paul Hemmings wrote:
The point about squad sizes was to try and handle the issue of people hoarding players, which a few of you wanted me to address. I think the current system of squad size does make you think about the number of players you can comfortably home at each of your clubs, so I dont really want to extend the loan system in anyway to now circumnavigate it.

Basically you need to control your squad size.

agree.this works fine for me as it is curently.

if we have to think about who we can and cant have and have to make decisions on this then thats football management.

The added bonus is that should mean that there are more players available for the reality managed and unmanaged clubs to pick up and keep the games strength in depth aswell as giving us sides to compete with that have some good players for us to worry about.

all good
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 12:56

Birmingham

in fact it was still a 1-1 draw, so we'll look further into it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 12:59

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Birmingham

So I'm going to play a practice match to see how that would have panned out for you...

hahahahaha sounds like Rich is rivalling Ben Ranieri! lol

Paul. Just as a comment regarding your earlier question on dealing with the BID's from reality managers.

I've been trying to 'talk' with a reality manager for weeks. I've made an offer for one of their players, for cash, which I class as reasonable considering age etc.

However, I've heard nothing back. Would it be possible to get RM's to reject bids?. At least then we'd get some feedback on the bids.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 13:00

Birmingham

CAT player positions were spot on the money, so no probs there,

CAT tactical awareness of your TM Aguero is only 306 minutes, so woefully short of the 900 minutes he needs to control the flow of the game properly. In fact the whole squad has almost no CAT training.

I think you should start there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 13:00

Will@Fulham wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
The point about squad sizes was to try and handle the issue of people hoarding players, which a few of you wanted me to address. I think the current system of squad size does make you think about the number of players you can comfortably home at each of your clubs, so I dont really want to extend the loan system in anyway to now circumnavigate it.

Basically you need to control your squad size.

agree.this works fine for me as it is curently.

if we have to think about who we can and cant have and have to make decisions on this then thats football management.

The added bonus is that should mean that there are more players available for the reality managed and unmanaged clubs to pick up and keep the games strength in depth aswell as giving us sides to compete with that have some good players for us to worry about.

all good

absolutely spot on Will. As such, Rich, you clearly cant handle all your players. I'll take Rodwell. Anyone want Bale?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 13:01

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Birmingham

So I'm going to play a practice match to see how that would have panned out for you...

Paul. Just as a comment regarding your earlier question on dealing with the BID's from reality managers.

I've been trying to 'talk' with a reality manager for weeks. I've made an offer for one of their players, for cash, which I class as reasonable considering age etc.

However, I've heard nothing back. Would it be possible to get RM's to reject bids?. At least then we'd get some feedback on the bids.

yes its possible and thats an excellent idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 13:02

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Birmingham

CAT player positions were spot on the money, so no probs there,

CAT tactical awareness of your TM Aguero is only 306 minutes, so woefully short of the 900 minutes he needs to control the flow of the game properly. In fact the whole squad has almost no CAT training.

I think you should start there.

friendly time with CAT!. Paul, charge rich £5 per friendly played...I think the rest of the PL are a bit worried about the Aguero factor...lol, that should slow him down!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 13:06

We'll look at revenue streams next as some of you have been asking me about that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 13:09

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Birmingham

yes its possible and thats an excellent idea.

and so I'm assuming from that Paul, that should a cash offer be big enough, the RM will sell for cash?. Up until now, the swapbid criteria has meant some players are totally unswappable...with ANYONE. Which I guess is probably good for the game.

However, my main concern is that the Reality managed clubs are as competitive as possible, and build a quality squad for themselves. So If I buy a player from one of them for cash...that hurts there squad, unless that money is effectively re-invested in the team.

I think the main issue is a difference between the perceived value of cash between forum players and reality managers, and thirdly swapcosts.

I dont want it to be easy to deal with reality managers, and doing a deal should take serious negotiation...and you shouldnt be able to swap some no-hoper with an international... but, I feel that at the moment, getting some feedback from reality managers when dealing with them, would be a huge step in the right direction
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 13:11

Revenue Stream 1 - Sponsors

There are seven sponsor revenues you should be getting

Shirt and Stadium and Takeover - I think everybody knows about

Internet, Travel, Drink and Phone are the other four - the sponsorseek dealing will return an offer from an organisation YOU choose, so do some research into real life sponsors and send me the details to get the best offers, but you have to suggest the sponsor not the system.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 13:19

Thanks for looking at that for me Paul, much appreciated, will get those players trained up asap. Interesting about the sponsor revenues as well, will be looking into that!
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 13:23

Defo going to be looking into the sponsor revenues didn't realise about the other four sponsors at all. Interesting about the Int wages too this thread has become a gold mine for information into the intricacies of this game. Certainly means I am going to have to spend far more time on my turn than I previously did! Thanks again Paul - certainly increased access to you is helping us all I feel.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 13:24

Revenue Stream 2 - Buildings

Buildings have changed recently so its worth mentioning this. Think about moving the value of equipment from buildings that do not make a profit to buildings that can make a profit, as this will increase your buildings revenue as eff% = profit in buildings where you can make a profit.

Academies are a case in point, is it worth having £5million worth of equipment in your youth academy to train youngsters you wont use in your first team, when that money could be better put to use as equipment in your shops or bars to increase their eff and therefore their profit. After all youth player skills can be trained later if they make it to your first team. prioritise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 13:26

ah what about my beloved Chelsea are we doing ok?? more importantly we can't have spurs finishing above me.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 13:29

Revenue Stream 3 - Fanbase

This is the biggee that almost everybody ignores. You should invest at least £100,000 in your fanbase, as a bigger fanbase means more sales thru shops, bars, more cars in the carpark, more fans thru the gate, and generally just more revenue for the club.

You can either use the SC special action each week or you can employ yourself an advertising manager and give them a budget to use to attract fans through their advertising each week. £250,000 per week could net you an extra 600 fans a week, even on a bad week.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 13:30

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Birmingham

See its not only me whose tinkering around! I hear even you are following my lead Rich, given one of your previous posts about changing 4 players for one game lol?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 13:34

You can have some a little fun with your backroom staff that arent coaches or scouts by hiring celebrities for instance, Geoff at Man City has hired Marilyn Monroe as his advertising manager and even she brings in 600 fans a week on average. ( apparently he's a big fan of the lady )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 13:38

Yeah I had Basil Fawlty as my hotel manager at United which led to utter chaos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 13:39

Revenue Streams 4 - Concerts

Some of you have never held a concert at your stadium, and you can do this up to three times a year, the incomes arent huge, depending on who you try to book at appear, but still worth a mention.

use the CONCERT dealing, the system sets the seat price and decides how many fans turn up and gives you any profit, you have to pay for a concert licence before each concert, upfront, so that will eat into your profits slightly, depending on who you book.

Incomes from concerts are decided on current popularity of bands/singers and there relevantness to your club, if there is any. Again reports can help me to decide on income levels from these events.
Back to top Go down

Week 6 processing
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next