7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 13 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 8:03

Good morning everybody, it's been raining for several days here in Cornwall now, but that wont affect this week's games, which will include the third round of the cup, should be an exciting week for everybody.

Good luck to you all.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 8:06

Hemsoft BREAKING NEWS

Breaking news is coming out of both Charlton and Plymouth where both clubs are hosting simultaneous press conferences. First we go live to the Valley...

Tom Hurst enters to a packed press conference:

'Good morning everyone, thanks for joining me today for another historic moment here at the Valley. As Charlton push for promotion I have always envisaged adding further big names to the club. Following the arrival of Carlos Tevez, who has made a substantial impact already at the club I am delighted to announce the arrival of....

Break to Home Park where Ben Wilson is addressing the media

'Since becoming Plymouth's manager I have always felt that I have been in the shadows of former glories here at the club. In trying to build my own band of players here I have tried to bring in stars who will allow us to build on past successes and push towards the future. Unfortunately one of those signings has not made the impact required here and I have decided, in consultation with the Chairman, to warrant his transfer. I would like to announce that...

Back to the Valley

Samir Nasri who joins on a long-term contract. I have always admired Samir as a player as one who posses undoubted talent in the centre of midfield. A versatile midfielder with exceptional passing skills I have bought in Samir not only to give further options to the midfield but to allow Carlos to flourish and develop his goalscoring further. In Samir and Carlos we have two players who I feel can give us the cutting edge in what is going to be an undoubtedly difficult push for promotion, but one where I feel we will succeed. (Samir is unveiled to a flurry of flashing lights)

Back to Home Park

Samir Nasri will be joining Charlton. Negotiations between the clubs moved swiftly last week and I would like to thank Samir for his time at the club. Unfortunately I felt that we couldn't provide Samir with the best opportunity to flourish in his best position and I wish him well for the future and Charlton all the best in helping him to flourish. This may seem like a strange move during this point in the season but Tom made me an offer that I was unable to refuse. In looking to the future here at Plymouth I have made the decision to bring in Samir's replacement, who I feel can help us build a new team of Galacticos here at Home Park. I am delighted therefore to announce that replacing Samir will be...

Back to the Valley

After tense negotiations during last week I have had to make a sacrifice in bring in someone of Samir's quality. The club, with full support of the chairman, have decided to let...

Back to Home Park

Jack Wilshire. Jack is a player I have admired since I was at Manchester United and having tried unsuccessfully to bring him to Old Trafford and again at the start of my tenure here I am delighted to have secured a player who i feel can become Plymouth's version of Paul Scholes. I felt a more defensively minded player was needed in the centre of the park and in Jack I think we have found one of the final pieces of our puzzle. I don't expect many more players in or out for the rest of the season but if the right player comes available I will do my best to ensure we continue to strengthen as I see fit. (Jack is unveiled to the press posing with his new Plymouth shirt)

Back to the Valley

'Jack Wilshire move to Plymouth. I would like to thank Jack for his time here and can only wish him well in his new life down on the coast. I of course will be looking to continue to strengthen Charlton's squad in particular the midfield area, and if all the paperwork gets ratified by the FA there should be another arrival very shortly. I am hoping the two new boys can forge a very strong relationship in the middle of the park. He should be here soon, in fact this might be him now fresh from his medical....

Everyone turns to the door....

Slowly the door opens with everyone eagerly anticipating the new recruit...in walks...

John Flanagan.

Oops, as exciting as that is for the youth team, he is not the other big signing. He must have been delayed, but nevertheless the new £16m man will be here soon....'

Well some huge deals at this mid-point of this season and we can only hold our breath to see who else will be marching into the Valley!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 8:07

Thanks to our roving reporter 'Ben' for the above report.

Its a another huge deal to begin the week with and I havent even started opening the envelopes yet. So we'll have to wait and see if it actually comes off or not.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 8:15

I have to start this week with the pink envelope. My wife demanded to know who was writing to me and using a pink envelope !

Jamie's Schalke orders are first out of the bag today.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 8:18

New contracts at Schalke for the Bender Boys and review of Lukasz Piszczek, whilst Christoph Moritz looks as though he's leaving.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 8:57

It just so happens that Charlton are next out of the bag.

And yes the Nasri Wilshere swap deal has been confirmed by Tom.

Also Tom is trying to sign Jordan Henderson whilst clearing out a few fringe players.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 9:19

Next up are Real Madrid.

Fairly quiet week for Iain as he looks to increase his revenue flows whilst Iniesta moved from his cup team to his league team and Gourcuff goes in the opposite direction.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 9:35

Rich at Leicester is next up with a bit of an angry turn so I'm going to process that one later when I can give it my full attention. It seems Rich has a few issues with his turn so I need to have a good look at Leicester this week and I can only do that after ive opened all the turns.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 9:53

Gary and Chelsea are next up.

New contracts for Ben Arfa and Ivanovic and further improvements to his revenue streams ready for Chealse's imminent return to the top flight.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 10:03

Rich at Birmingham is next.

Looks like Jordan henderson will be joining Charlton later in the week for £16millions as Rich chases a high profile fullback.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 10:14

Will and Fulham are next.

New backroom staff to help boost the clubs effectiveness is always a good idea and a few interesting scouts this week.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 10:29

Phil and Arsenal are next.

Phil like a few of you is looking to increase his revenue streams this week. But he is also chasing Nigel De Jong and has offered Lassana Diarra and £10million cash, so it'll be interesting to see what King Kenny thinks of that deal later in the week.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 10:42

Paul Hemmings wrote:

Phil like a few of you is looking to increase his revenue streams this week.

Seems to be a common thing at the moment players trying to increase revenue. I know you mentioned matt@Barcelona had a good income is there any way you or matt himself can share the knowledge of increasing revenue? Cause I usually only break even and that's with 9 friendlies.

Would adding another 20,000 seats too the emirates be beneficial. I did calculate that as 500 x 20,000 = 10,000,000. But I know you repriced a lot of buildings did that include seats?

Also on the wage sheet I have all my players on 200,000k saying wage want 125,000k is it better to leave them on 200k incase of international games?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 10:44

A word of warning here, if you send me 4 scout reports for new players and only have room for me to process 2 amongst your 10 dealings, and I dont then get time to go back and do the others, you will have to resend the scout reports when you try to new those players again, as I dont keep scout reports.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 11:04

Phil@Arsenal wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

Seems to be a common thing at the moment players trying to increase revenue. I know you mentioned matt@Barcelona had a good income is there any way you or matt himself can share the knowledge of increasing revenue? Cause I usually only break even and that's with 9 friendlies.

Would adding another 20,000 seats too the emirates be beneficial. I did calculate that as 500 x 20,000 = 10,000,000. But I know you repriced a lot of buildings did that include seats?

Also on the wage sheet I have all my players on 200,000k saying wage want 125,000k is it better to leave them on 200k incase of international games?

I shant be speaking about revenue streams as i think thats something you can work out for yourself and the more financially astute managers should have an edge in that department.

Wages is always an interesting question and its really your choice but paying a player over the odds is usually not worth it unless he is an international playing amongst big earners.

New seats cost 1,500 each now.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 11:11

Jamie at Watford is next up.

Ba is called inot the first team in place of Gyan so that'll be interesting this week to see how he gets on in the league game.

Jamie says that Pat Rice has been replaced at assistant manager by Peter Taylor but the system is showing Pat Rice at ASSM whilst Peter Taylor is the ASSM at Sunderland, so thats a strange one. I'll look into it now.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 11:14

When I created the new look reports for the email turns a slight error crept in and Peter Taylor is in fact the first ASSM on the database so I expect he may be appearing on all the NS reports last week. Ive fixed it now thanks Jamie.

Be assured though that it was just the NS report that was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 11:17

Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Regular International - 95/95
Regular International - 95/95
Matt@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 11:24

Phil@Arsenal wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

I think wages and squad management is a big thing for peoples finances at the moment, i know one manager whose wage bill is nearly double mine! You've gotta be tight and make the players earn their money!!!

As for my buildings, last turn they turned a profit of about 300k. So not massive. Little things like optimising sales of programmes, drinks, food, shirts etc will add up.

Your best bet is to get an up to date buildings available report and see what you can afford to build & equip which will give you the best return.

Feel free to pm me if you want to know anything about my buildings etc! Will always try and help for a small fee Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 11:26

Is Kenny going public with his thoughts as he did with me?

Would be amazed if he even considered it tbh after he blew my
Better offer out of the water
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 12:10

Ben and Plymouth are up next.

Ben has confirmed the Nasri Wilshere deal so it looks like that will be going through later in the week, he has also agreed to sell David Hoilett to Inter Milan and is now chasing long term target Podolski along with taking an interest in Danny Welbeck.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 12:27

Here's an interesting question...

If one of you makes an error on his orders and accidentally increases his seat cost to £450 thereby reducing the gate receipts at european games and I dont spot the delibaerate mistake and put it right should he also have to pay compensation to his opponents cos they missed out on gate income that week as well. would also apply to all cup games of course.

Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 12:37

[quote="Paul Hemmings"]Here's an interesting question...

If one of you makes an error on his orders and accidentally increases his seat cost to £450 thereby reducing the gate receipts at european games and I dont spot the delibaerate mistake and put it right should he also have to pay compensation to his opponents cos they missed out on gate income that week as well. would also apply to all cup games of course.

Let me know what you think.[/quote

If the person was deliberately trying to charge over the odds then yes I believe a player should have too pay compensation but if the manager accidentally put the wrong ticket code e.g wanted to increase season ticket but put normal ticket or put £45.0 but missed the decimal point then would be harsh to lose the revenue and pay compensation so would depend.Imo.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 12:37

Interesting one. I think you should have to. As you haven't read out my instructions yet it might have been me so maybe I better get back on the fence.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 13 Processing...   Week 13 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 12:38

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Here's an interesting question...

Let me know what you think.

Interesting one Paul. If it were a mistake then bit unfair to punish the home team who have missed out on their income and make them lose money by paying compensation to the away side. However, it does mean a loss of income for the away side so I can see both sides. Can the FA not intervene in these circumstances and pay compensation to the away side (so that the punishment is not doubled on the home side?)
Back to top Go down

Week 13 Processing...
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next