Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

The Forum & The Eternal Question

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Forum & The Eternal Question Empty
PostSubject: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 16:16

ok. Let's have a little chat about this.

Someone made the comment, that aside from Paul's skysports commentary every 2 weeks, the forum and the transfer market have died a death.

So, open discussion...

what do we need to do to get a bit of life back in the game?

The game itself is arguably as good as it's ever been. But things between us have gone a bit stale.

You go out drinking with your friends, you never talk to me any more. When you do talk to me its usually to whine, and you never listen.

You rarely take the bins out and I cant remember the last time you took the dog for a walk let alone you grabbed your keyboard and made me feel the way you used to make me feel. What's happened?, is there someone else?. Another football manager game?, that's it isnt it....

So, dear CF manager...it's about time you decided where your head is.

Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 16:34

I didnt realise you felt that way Rich....

But for me its not that im playing any other football manager game, its just i have nothing to particularly say!

Im very content with my team, and all Transfers are done via PM. Very rarely does a player get publicly sold there has been a few put up for sale on the forum recently.

Tactics arnt talked about... Even though i am going to swap to FAS.

GK LB CB CB RB BW DL DR TM ST S2

This week, to see if its abit more steady home/away. as FLY is too far open when away.

I never take the bins out, i dont have a dog, im always at a keyboard unless at work! and well the feather duster has been broken so i cant make u feel the way i used to..........

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 16:38

Me thinks it's time for Rich and Phil hit Nottingham.....Part 2!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 16:46

That's your solution to everything isnt it Richard?. Go out drinking with your friends. And you wonder why I wont put out when you get home!!!.

(awesome call Rich, sort it out. It's about time Ben & Rob got their arses up here as well).
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 16:53

Rich@Leicester wrote:
That's your solution to everything isnt it Richard?. Go out drinking with your friends. And you wonder why I wont put out when you get home!!!.

I tell him the exact same thing! lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 17:07

You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right. I drink too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you, but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me. I'm not changing. I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 18:14

LMAO!!

brilliant thread and an even better John Candy plains, trains and automobiles quote from Rich.

legendary.

Agree completely up for a night out.

more than happy to drive somewere to do it if required.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 18:17

on a side note.

nice tactical switch phil - thatll sure things up i recko - toying with a similar sort of switch but i dont like dropping valencia or Robben - but until i do im always going to be wide open.

like Richs use of the SEXY tactic this week.

can anyone remember what the tactic was that lined up with no out and out forward and was something like

LW TM RW was it the Barca one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 18:21

I play a pretty random tactic at Gremio, very hit n miss, Play ATT with positions

GK
LB
RB
CB
CB
AL
AR
DL
DR
PM
CF

got no wide players so best to play to my strengths!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 18:24

i think id prefer FAS - i think.

iv had really mixed results when playing with two AM

would love a tactic that plays the ever increasingly popular

4-2-3-1

flat back four

AL AR LH TM RH CF possibly ? or would it be AL AR LH DY RH CF ??

not sure if theres a tactic that incorporates those postions effectively.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 18:30

Yeah I might change it up to a BW, AM combo, need a ballwinner 1st though!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 19:37

Drinking. When?
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 20:58

Will@Fulham wrote:
i think id prefer FAS - i think.

iv had really mixed results when playing with two AM

would love a tactic that plays the ever increasingly popular

4-2-3-1

flat back four

AL AR LH TM RH CF possibly ? or would it be AL AR LH DY RH CF ??

not sure if theres a tactic that incorporates those postions effectively.

I remember that paul was saying something a while back about SLO being able to be played with AL AR.

So maybe you could try that with the second combo as u wouldnt be able to play a TM.

Well i have enjoyed playing FLY and i was doing really well. But alot of draws and late goals are making me think of a tactical change.

I shall see how FAS see's the season out though 5 games left 15points? please Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 21:00

We need to drink.

What's peoples July movements like? I'm pretty free in july not 13th though
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 21:10

Birthday party on 7th. Then a lot of travelling but in UK every weekend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 21:13

Am pretty skint until September to be honest, had to replace my xbox and phone which ain't been cheap and off to Belgium in August which isn't cheap either! Plus if it's anything like last time it'll take.till then to arrange a date haha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 21:23

September!!!!!

Grow up Rich and sort your life out!, you can't suggest beer then tell us to wait three months!!

Look at Rob's face (points)... He's in tears!

Come on man...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 21:45

July. Man up gents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 21:49

Julys good!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 21:53

Ok, let's suggest July 21st

Nottingham
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 21:53

Nottingham works. Want a lift Ben?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 22:44

Back onto topic, regarding the forum, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how we can make things more active on here.

Any suggestions for the 'portal' page? What would people like to see on there?

The ticker along the top made a brief appearance but nobody seemed to be bothered about it. Thoughts? Useful or not? Any ideas what could be running along there? Would you rather it wasn't there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun - 7:50

i think transfers is only a little bit of the problem. Mark is obviously struggling to get on, and Stu has gone walkabout. Ideally, we could do with a couple of new managers on here. It would spark it into life again.

Jamie@Shalke, Iain, and Matt are rarely around, and to be honest, I've found myself posting less and less. but that's just life pressures that will ease.

I have absolutey zero opinion on the ticker Tom, i didnt even know what it did...

I like the tactics discussion that kicked off, and could well be more and more appropriate the more we comes to terms with the bigger pitch
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun - 10:20

Nice to see things sparking into life again on here lads.

21st seems ok at first glance - Rob will let you know nearer the time.

I liked the ticker tbh (added to the excitement of the week).

I agree we need some new managers but its tough to find them unless anyone knows of anyone who would like to join?

Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: The Forum & The Eternal Question   The Forum & The Eternal Question Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun - 10:23

On another point is there a way Paul of some of the Game 2 managers being incentivised to take out another team in Game 1 (or is it pretty settled)?

And additionally do you have a database of old managers who you could potentially contact to see if they would like to come back to play? - Happy to chip in and write something or help pay for the postage if you were to do a mail out to them?
Back to top Go down

The Forum & The Eternal Question
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next