Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

The move to FAS

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

The move to FAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 10:03

My gripe isn't the individual players, individual tactics, its the fact that TMs appear to have their own allotted space that no man can enter barring a single AM.

Ill say it again, it's the midde of the park

What baffles me is that contrary to logic if I deployed an AL AR they would do even less than a single AM as the TM sits in the gap between them - correct me if I'm wrong

Paul, an explanation maybe of how the systems works with this may clear things up .

Even the best players in the world can get crowded out of a game. It happens.

City against west ham the other night , too narrow, too congested in the central areas, created little as west ham flooded the middle of the park.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 10:09

Will@Fulham wrote:

Even the best players in the world can get crowded out of a game. It happens.

Quite agree with this. But the other angle is that even the best laid 'parking of bus' plans can go awry. You concede ground and possession by default and as such, give the ball to those teams containing said world class players more often. If I want anyone to unlock a parked bus, it's tevez, rooney, Ageuro etc...

but it doesn't happen all the time. sometimes the bus works, sometimes they pop up with the winner

I think Will's frustration is born out of seeing people attempting to park the bus with high quality players in a AM role, and still conceding 4....over and over again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 10:12

Fair point richy
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 10:27

Rich@Leicester wrote:
I think Will's frustration is born out of seeing people attempting to park the bus with high quality players in a AM role, and still conceding 4....over and over again.

But that is against world class players like Rooney, if it were against other TM's like Forlan for example, then Kompany would probably have him in his pocket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 10:38

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:

But that is against world class players like Rooney, if it were against other TM's like Forlan for example, then Kompany would probably have him in his pocket.

Agree Tom, and I'm saying that some days the world class AM will come out on top... and sometimes the TM should.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 10:39

Will@Fulham wrote:
Paul, an explanation maybe of how the systems works with this may clear things up

Paul, I'd rather you didn't explain, as Will's question is bordering on asking how you stop FAS.

I'm not trying to be awkward but feel that if it were posted on here about how to stop a TM, whether it be AR AL, pitch areas etc. it would very easy then for some managers to stop the whole ethos of those managers who play to their TM's strengths.

I was always under the impression that it was up to the managers to play a lot of friendlies in various formations to find the best way to stop FAS. Find out their own way?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 11:09

agree as well Tom. Not just cos I'm playing it at the moment either.

It's not just about positions.... maybe Kompany was upset with his WBeff, maybe the guy in front of him wasnt trained up or spoke a different language, maybe tevez was captain, maybe his form was normal or poor, maybe the obsession with trying to stop the TM invoked so many team changes that the team became disrupted...

there's lots of other reasons why Tevez could have torn Kompany a new one... not just because the pitch is weighted in favour of the TM, although that is one of the options.

Totally agree though that lesser TM's wont get as much joy.

Will will now say that Arjen Robben should be tearing Phil Stamp a new one every week.... but is Robben getting the ball?.... if not... why not?... maybe because Will has become obsessed with stopping TM's and has forgotten his own attacks... stopped playing with PM and now the pass from the AM to Robben is too big for a player of Zabaleta's limited forward ability...

I'm just speculating here Will before you start thinking that Tom and I agree on something..
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 11:12

interesting discussion guys, I'll write up my thoughts in a bit when I get a mo.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 11:29

one thing I will say is that each PP has upto 2 opposing PPs each of which get an attempt to stop the PP in possession, experience and reading your match reports will eventually reveal what those matchups are but it is the same for TMs as for CFs LWs RWs and every other PP.

Careful studies of Friendlies can reveal these matchups. when you know what they are you just need to get the right player of high enough skill level to stop the PP you want stopped. and this part is all about skill matchups, which Ive talked about in depth before.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 11:30

TMs are actually at a disadvantage here becuase they are the only PP who atm have to take a control test before they do anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 11:32

Paul Hemmings wrote:
TMs are actually at a disadvantage here becuase they are the only PP who atm have to take a control test before they do anything.

Explains Nasri's first touch being absolutely woeful! lol
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 11:35

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:

I had the same problem when I played D'Allessandro as TM (who kept losing the ball and was ineffective).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 11:42

There's a reason for D'alessandro though lol.
Wink

Interesting Paul.

As Richie pointed out its all ifs and buts like is the ball going out wide etc etc

Which is the part if the game I enjoy speculating on
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 11:53

Will@Fulham wrote:
There's a reason for D'alessandro though lol.
Wink

Interesting Paul.

As Richie pointed out its all ifs and buts like is the ball going out wide etc etc

Which is the part if the game I enjoy speculating on

True but I think Tom's point regarding Forlan etc not ripping it up is pretty valid, it is only the top TM who are running the show.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 16:41

here's some interesting stats for you from the AI this week...

teams that played MIX had a win% of 50%
Def 10% ATT 25% LON 0% SLO 10% FAS 60% WIN 45% WBK 10% FLY 50% SWE 33%
SAM 50% CAT 0% ( only 1 team plays ) TOT 30% SEX no one plays BAR 100% only 1 plays
ISF 70% 18 play WHV 75%

these numbers dont prove anything but they are interesting , at least I find them interesting Smile lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 16:53

interesting.

How many play FAS Paul?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 16:57

Very interesting, love this.

Surprised by ISF and WHV. Don't know what people are moaning about!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 17:05

teams managed = MIX 4 DEF 1 ATT 2 LON 1 SLO 6 FAS 22 WHV 9 WIN 5 WBK 1 FLY 2 SWE 1
CAT 0 SAM 2 TOT 2 SEX 0 BAR 1 ISF 1

overall MIX 159 DEF 2 ATT 4 LON 3 SLO 8 FAS 170 WHV 359 WIN 34 WBK 12 FLY 4
SWE 27 CAT 1 SAM 51 TOT 19 SEX 0 BAR 1 ISF 18
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 17:17

oh yeah these figures only show the main tactic result not any subsequent tactics that may have been changed to. so somebody playing WHV & then switching to WHD would go down as a WHV stat. likewise someone starting as WHV and switching to FAS would also go down as a WHV tactic.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 17:30

overall win/draw/loss % since i switched to the bigger pitch are

MIX win25% draw42% loss32% UNDECIDED=1% REPLAYS USUALLY
DEF 25 50 25
ATT 25 50 25
LON 25 50 25
SLO 12 62 25
FAS 35 30 34
WHV 30 35 33
WIN 17 44 38
WBK 8 41 50
FLY 33 50 17
SWE 22 40 37
CAT 25 50 25
SAM 19 60 19
TOT 31 10 57
SEX 0
BAR 25 50 25
ISF 66 11 22
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 17:31

I know there is a problem with the WBK system which I have hopefully fixed this week.

playing with WingBacks has previously made the defence too susceptible to wide attacks hence the scewed numbers

this is why Roma did so poorly last season when really they should have done better, and Stu's side suffered twice cos they only played SLO as well so they drew some home games they could have won.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 18:01

also ISF is higher than expected because it is fairly new and so there is a smaller sample of results to take the percentages from, or maybe its just a great system, thats why so many people play it in real life, then maybe not...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 18:04

I would have hoped that each stat would have come out at between 25-50-25 and 33-33-33 so its not too bad, but might still need tweaking in places allowing for things like SLo that is ball possession so you would expect more draws than normal so that one looks okay as well. SAM seems to be generating too many draws so I will look at that one too. and the win% for wingers is low because it is not so effective away from home, im thinking about that one too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov - 18:52

MIX win25% draw42% loss32% UNDECIDED=1% REPLAYS USUALLY

Explains a lot, I was absolutely romping the championship last season until the bigger pitch came in then drew a lot more and was only just nicking games/
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov - 20:08

Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: The move to FAS   The move to FAS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov - 20:25

More now as he's scored against Barcelona.
Back to top Go down

The move to FAS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: