Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation
 
HomeSiteLog inRegister

 

 Season 23 Week 5 processing...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99


Posts : 2315
Join date : 2010-09-22

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec - 9:47

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Another problem you had was that even when Cabaye did leave his marking duties ( sometimes players just do that depending on how clever they are at following commands ) he didnt want to get forward being a more defensive minded player so even in those situations he just passed back or sideways.

Yeah I see what you mean, interesting to see how Wilshire performed at PM too (given that I thought he might consider lumping the ball up to Rooney or Robinho) but in this case he decided against it.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32077
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec - 10:07

Okay Ive resent out email turns for Lyon, Watford and Newcastle as they were the effected sides.

Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99


Posts : 2315
Reputation : 830
Join date : 2010-09-22
Age : 36

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec - 10:09

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Okay Ive resent out email turns for Lyon, Watford and Newcastle as they were the effected sides.


Thanks Paul - all received!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec - 11:55

Hi Paul, can you just check for me that when Parker got injured in my game who came on for him because I'm non the wiser?!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32077
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec - 12:11

Rich@Birmingham wrote:
Hi Paul, can you just check for me that when Parker got injured in my game who came on for him because I'm non the wiser?!

As far as I can see Parker didnt go off injured ? the physio treated him early on for a knock but he didnt go off, although I noticed he is now injured as a result of the knock he picked up in game, its a bit confusing I guess.


Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Fri 14 Dec - 12:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec - 12:13

Thats fine, just wondered! Doesn't change the fact he's out 3 turns Sad
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32077
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec - 12:15

Rich@Birmingham wrote:
Thats fine, just wondered! Doesn't change the fact he's out 3 turns Sad

Dont forget you can offset that by sending him to see a specialist on your next turn.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec - 12:22

Think i'll have to! You can expect a pretty hefty review for Mr Fellaini this turn Paul, just prior warning haha!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32077
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec - 12:23

I didnt realise you were a Man United fan Rich ? what did you think of the game at the weekend ?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec - 12:35

I thought it was a really good game, think Fergie got it alot more tactically right than he did at the Etihad last season, Mancini should have started with Carlos, he played well when he came on. Bringing Welbeck on in the last 5 minutes when the logical change was Chicharito is why Sir Alex has won so much I guess, Danny has that determination to chase down lost causes which won us the winning free kick.

Kompany going off early on had a big effect as well, he's such a calm and composed presence at the back for you unlike Toure who looked really nervous, Lescott the obvious replacement I would have thought.

Rooney was United's shining light, was everywhere playing with passion and skill in equal messure, kept his emotions in check too which is the norm now thankfully! The partnership between Robin and Wazza gets better every week!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32077
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec - 12:43

Rich@Birmingham wrote:
I thought it was a really good game, think Fergie got it alot more tactically right than he did at the Etihad last season, Mancini should have started with Carlos, he played well when he came on. Bringing Welbeck on in the last 5 minutes when the logical change was Chicharito is why Sir Alex has won so much I guess, Danny has that determination to chase down lost causes which won us the winning free kick.

Kompany going off early on had a big effect as well, he's such a calm and composed presence at the back for you unlike Toure who looked really nervous, Lescott the obvious replacement I would have thought.

Rooney was United's shining light, was everywhere playing with passion and skill in equal messure, kept his emotions in check too which is the norm now thankfully! The partnership between Robin and Wazza gets better every week!

I have to agree with you Mancini's team selections have been very strange lately, I think he must have stopped taking the tablets, ever since he missed out on RVP he seems to have been sulking most of the time. When things are going well I'm happy to have a foreigner in charge but when there not I wish we had a british manager and some british players, I do like that about Fergie he does usually get his fair share of brits. Not that there are too many decent british managers around atm or decent british players tbh. Good game though.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec - 12:50

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rich@Birmingham wrote:
I thought it was a really good game, think Fergie got it alot more tactically right than he did at the Etihad last season, Mancini should have started with Carlos, he played well when he came on. Bringing Welbeck on in the last 5 minutes when the logical change was Chicharito is why Sir Alex has won so much I guess, Danny has that determination to chase down lost causes which won us the winning free kick.

Kompany going off early on had a big effect as well, he's such a calm and composed presence at the back for you unlike Toure who looked really nervous, Lescott the obvious replacement I would have thought.

Rooney was United's shining light, was everywhere playing with passion and skill in equal messure, kept his emotions in check too which is the norm now thankfully! The partnership between Robin and Wazza gets better every week!

I have to agree with you Mancini's team selections have been very strange lately, I think he must have stopped taking the tablets, ever since he missed out on RVP he seems to have been sulking most of the time. When things are going well I'm happy to have a foreigner in charge but when there not I wish we had a british manager and some british players, I do like that about Fergie he does usually get his fair share of brits. Not that there are too many decent british managers around atm or decent british players tbh. Good game though.

I think Nick Powell will prove to be an absolute steal, something quite special about him, has a certain swagger and self confidence about him. There are some.gems in the lower leagues, unpolished but massive potential.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Posts : 4443
Reputation : 1612
Join date : 2009-11-29
Location : Nottingham

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec - 16:05

Personally I think Fergie did get the tactics right on Sunday, although I have to say that I saw in City something that wasn't there before last season. Having come back to 2-2, they really had the bit between their teeth and weren't content on getting the draw. The game could have gone either way at the end, and only Clichy getting himself in a muddle trying to keep the ball alive and Nasri bottling it in the wall was the difference.

If I was a City fan it would be pleasing to see that spirit that they have and the desire to win rather than to not lose. A champions mentality.

Also, I agree with Macini that City have a better squad than Utd.

Not sure though, what Nastasic has to do to get a better rating than 9994. Very Happy

He consistantly plays in all the big games and never lets the team down. I think when City played Utd and Real recently, every player on the pitch was 9999 apart from Nastasic, thats the company he is regularly keeping.

Nudge nudge.Wink
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Posts : 2949
Reputation : 1047
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 49
Location : London

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec - 16:37

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Personally I think Fergie did get the tactics right on Sunday, although I have to say that I saw in City something that wasn't there before last season. Having come back to 2-2, they really had the bit between their teeth and weren't content on getting the draw. The game could have gone either way at the end, and only Clichy getting himself in a muddle trying to keep the ball alive and Nasri bottling it in the wall was the difference.

If I was a City fan it would be pleasing to see that spirit that they have and the desire to win rather than to not lose. A champions mentality.

Also, I agree with Macini that City have a better squad than Utd.

Not sure though, what Nastasic has to do to get a better rating than 9994. Very Happy

He consistantly plays in all the big games and never lets the team down. I think when City played Utd and Real recently, every player on the pitch was 9999 apart from Nastasic, thats the company he is regularly keeping.

Nudge nudge.Wink

Potentially huge but not much experience yet. How many caps?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Posts : 4443
Reputation : 1612
Join date : 2009-11-29
Location : Nottingham

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec - 16:45

Only 6, but a regular now for Serbia.

Experience always an issue when players are young, but currently he can't do much more.

There are a few in the game who are in a very similar position but rated much higher - 9997
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Posts : 2949
Reputation : 1047
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 49
Location : London

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec - 17:10

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Only 6, but a regular now for Serbia.

Experience always an issue when players are young, but currently he can't do much more.

There are a few in the game who are in a very similar position but rated much higher - 9997

At the same time Bonucci is a 97 95 and has 24 caps for a better International team and plays every game for a team that qualified for the last 16 of the CL and went over a year unbeaten. The 99 94 looks good in comparison to him. I think everyone has one or two either over or underrated. Marcos Rojo, 14 Argentina caps, 22 years old is a 97 94.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99


Posts : 2315
Reputation : 830
Join date : 2010-09-22
Age : 36

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec - 11:43

Has anyone received their turnsheets btw? Know its Christmas so not overtly worried but just wondering if these have been coming through at all yet?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec - 11:55

no nothing yet here Ben
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99


Posts : 2315
Reputation : 830
Join date : 2010-09-22
Age : 36

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec - 11:57

Rich@Leicester wrote:
no nothing yet here Ben

Thanks mate. Will ensure I scan an old copy of my turnsheets in case it doesn't arrive. It is near Christmas though so am not surprised.

Guess we need to get our turn sheets off though this by Xmas Eve given the bank holidays?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32077
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec - 9:37

dont forget the deadline is the 30th december this time so you should have plenty of time.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32077
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec - 9:40

Post is currently taking about 5 days to reach me atm instead of the normal 2 days.

Feel free to send me your orders by email for the 30th december deadline it may be safer and I will have time to download them all and sort them out b4 i start running the next turn.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99


Posts : 2315
Reputation : 830
Join date : 2010-09-22
Age : 36

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec - 9:44

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Post is currently taking about 5 days to reach me atm instead of the normal 2 days.

Feel free to send me your orders by email for the 30th december deadline it may be safer and I will have time to download them all and sort them out b4 i start running the next turn.

Hi Paul,

Presume a scan of our filled-in turnsheets is suitable?

Thanks

Ben
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32077
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec - 9:46

Tom@Charlton wrote:


Not sure though, what Nastasic has to do to get a better rating than 9994. Very Happy


He is still making some basic mistakes which is the main reason why we are letting in more goals than we were this time last season because he has played in all the big games. imo Lescott is still the better player for that left sided slot but Mancini disagrees and lets face it he is in charge Smile

I'm not sure he is ever going to get alot better either, if you look behind the scenes he really doesnt get involved with any of his team mates and seems to be a real loner and experience tells me that is not the mark of a top top player, something is def wrong with his mentality atm. There is some unrest in the dressing room atm cos mancini keeps playing him instead of Lescott who some of the senior players would prefer. So all is not quite right with him atm, but time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32077
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec - 9:48

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Post is currently taking about 5 days to reach me atm instead of the normal 2 days.

Feel free to send me your orders by email for the 30th december deadline it may be safer and I will have time to download them all and sort them out b4 i start running the next turn.

Hi Paul,

Presume a scan of our filled-in turnsheets is suitable?

Thanks

Ben

As long as it is legible that is fine Ben thanks.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99


Posts : 2315
Reputation : 830
Join date : 2010-09-22
Age : 36

Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec - 9:54

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Post is currently taking about 5 days to reach me atm instead of the normal 2 days.

Feel free to send me your orders by email for the 30th december deadline it may be safer and I will have time to download them all and sort them out b4 i start running the next turn.

Hi Paul,

Presume a scan of our filled-in turnsheets is suitable?

Thanks

Ben

As long as it is legible that is fine Ben thanks.

Perfect thanks - I hope it should be anyway!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 5 processing...   Season 23 Week 5 processing... - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Season 23 Week 5 processing...
Back to top 
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: