Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

5 games in... Quarter term report

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

5 games in... Quarter term report Empty
PostSubject: 5 games in... Quarter term report   5 games in... Quarter term report Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec - 21:46

Some questions.

1. Close season and early season. Did you get all the players you wanted to make the changes you told yourself you would?

Leicester. Pretty much. Still need another addition somewhere, but it's not urgent. What's important now is settling this lot down, getting my full language bonus back and equipping my gym as fast as humanly possible.

Betis. In desperate search of a long term goalkeeper, brad friedel can only play for another 6 or 7 years. Despite two or three defensive captures I'm happy with, Chiriches and Forren in particular, I'm still missing the high quality CB I need. I need some AM cover too. Need to get the undersoil heating now sorted, and keep equipping that training centre. Would love to get my buildings profitable...!

3. Happy with form?

Leicester. Yeah. Slow start but some tough away fixtures in there that have resulted in draws that I'd have taken with the teams poor TU in mind.

Betis. Chuffed in a sense. 15 points from 15. Clinging on to Matt and Iain, but with them to play back-to-back in a few weeks time. I get battered in friendlies by Matt, but seem to do better against Iain...famous last words

4. Given a magic wand. If you could arrange for any player from your next three opponents to get injured...who is it?

Leicester. Defoe for Spurs, he's on fire
Betis. Probably Messi...but he'd no doubt be replaced by some other world beater

5. Who is next on your "will be out of the club next week if he doesn't do something this week" list..

Leicester - Ji-Sung Park has lots to do to stay in favour
Betis - Lissandro Lopez is Strangley quiet for a guy with so much ability

Last edited by Rich@Leicester on Wed 19 Dec - 22:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: 5 games in... Quarter term report   5 games in... Quarter term report Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec - 22:08

1. Inter - Playing staff fine. Slowly getting the buildings up to speed.

Boca - have a lot of players I like but need to review a few. Vidal, Bonucci, Benatia, Nainggolan ......

2. Form at Inter is acceptable. Not enough goals yet still too reliant on Cavani. Defence doing well, only conceded 2 in 5.

Boca scoring for fun and great to see Damiao performing. Vidal dominating midfield in every game too.

3. Wouldn't wish an injury. Want to beat the best.

4. Higuain - the world's most impotent striker. Trying him at TM this week so let's see if that helps. His link up play is fantastic and he's superb in every game but refuses to score.

Over at Boca I just can't bring myself to like Jefferson Farfan. Not sure if it's the teeth or the lack of neck. He does however play really well for me and scores with a regularity Higuain can only dream of.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: 5 games in... Quarter term report   5 games in... Quarter term report Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec - 22:15

1. Close season and early season. Did you get all the players you wanted to make the changes you told yourself you would?

Arsenal - Yes i did, apart from i've slightly changed formation to what i thought i was going to play, but nothing major. I would like to add falcao if he signs in january! just need abit of depth added to the team.

Lille - Managed to get Henry, but junior/alberto are just to lethal to disrupt so i shall trial him in the TM role to take over Falcao when i bring him to british shores. But i am always scouting the world for the next big thing, as are most mangers!

2. Happy with form?

Arsenal - Yes very happy, 4 wins and 1 draw cant really ask for much more in a hugely competitive premier league! Hopefully to keep the form going to stay top this turn and beat Plymouth, which is a big ask!

Lille - Delighted, i think after the rerun game in Ligue 1 I've dropped down to second, but its not bad considering the likes of nantes and lyon are in the same league.

3. Given a magic wand. If you could arrange for any player from your next three opponents to get injured...who is it?

Arsenal - Hopefully Rvp for brum, not sure who else i play. Cause Rooney is too early to get injured lol

Lille - Not sure who i play next yet alone in 3 turns, take each game as it comes!

4. Who is next on your "will be out of the club next week if he doesn't do something this week" list..

Arsenal - Wont be out of the club, but maybe the team - Ramsey plays good, but im just looking for that something special really.

Lille - Again, not looking to shift anyone out but lopez at RB looks a weak link and, Nuytinck at CB will be getting replaced by the recently reviewed Kurt Zouma soon, and Perrotta at AM is fairly weak. but a lot of youth players currently impressing, and might loan Coquelin over!

p.s i renumbered the questions since u missed #2 out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5 games in... Quarter term report   5 games in... Quarter term report Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec - 22:22

Well spotted Phil! It's getting late clearly..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5 games in... Quarter term report   5 games in... Quarter term report Icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec - 1:38

Yep, got RvP, Clichy and Rafa so am happy with the team, still a few reviews i need to get around to doing, Begovic, Evans, Fellaini, TC23 mainly.

With Gremio its very much work in progress, happy with the capture of Lewandowski though!

2. Happy with form?

Form no, results yes. For both teams. there's something missing and i need to find out what it is before Phil buggers off into the distance.

3. Given a magic wand. If you could arrange for any player from your next three opponents to get injured...who is it?

Shay Given without a doubt!

In Brazil my defence has been excellent so have no fears about anyone really.

4. Who is next on your "will be out of the club next week if he doesn't do something this week" list..

Nani/Young need to start contributing more, for the talent its not good enough!

Gremio have many players that fall in this bracket and a few that need setting adrift!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5 games in... Quarter term report   5 games in... Quarter term report Icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec - 15:24

Fulham
yer pretty much, in an ideal world id have a more noteable golakeeper at Fulham but Carrasso & Lindergaard are ok for now.

Feyanoord
yes, Dzgeov, Rodwell, Sakho, Affellay & Monzon all added - looking very healthy

2. Happy with form?

Fuham - after a poor start i think things are gradually turning around, seem to have found a better balance with the midfield 4.

Feyanoord - beyond expectation, 5 wins from 5 in the league , onwards and upwards

Fulham - not sure who iv got up nxt after city butfrankie lampard always seems to score against me so im afraid it would have to be fat frank.

Feyanoord - any ajax player, theyre a winning machine - siem de jong hes better than erikson pale

Fulham - Stephen Warnock - even if he did something great, leighton baines has the shirt now and i cant see any way stephen will get back in the side, has been a tremendous servant as one of my first signings literally week2 or 3 of my first season, hes survived a lon long time - he'll leave with the clubs best wishes.

Feyanoord - couple of randoms iv picked up in a few deals but probably of significant note Dirk Borrigter and maybe Diego Capel - have had Dirk a while and he hasnt really caught on much after showing some great form at ajax, was knocking on the door of the dutch natioanl side but injury and loss of form seems to have set him back, capel can maybe leave as i need to squeeze Mertens, Affelay, Dzgeov and or Sinclair in to the side
Back to top Go down

5 games in... Quarter term report
Page 1 of 1