Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

England v Scotland Empty
PostSubject: England v Scotland   England v Scotland Icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 21:09

We really are quite shit aren't we?
Back to top Go down

England v Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Scotland   England v Scotland Icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 21:23

ricky lambert ladys and gentlemen......... i  think that says where we're at lol
Back to top Go down

England v Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Scotland   England v Scotland Icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 21:27

never doubted him
Back to top Go down
Iain@RealMadrid
Premier League - 92/92
Premier League - 92/92
Iain@RealMadrid

England v Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Scotland   England v Scotland Icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 21:55

We may have seen the top scorer at Brazil 14
Back to top Go down

England v Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Scotland   England v Scotland Icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 21:58

did a lot more than rooney to be fair, talk about off the boil

got himself in the box where it matters, made it stick when he had the chance.

lets not kid ourselves though, it was scotland who are dire and we hardly outclassed them
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

England v Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Scotland   England v Scotland Icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 22:01

Did Moyes say anything about his 'injury'? Didn't watch any of the pundits.
Back to top Go down

England v Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Scotland   England v Scotland Icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 22:04

didnt hear it mentioned, i reckon theyre no alllowed to ask him about it
Back to top Go down

England v Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Scotland   England v Scotland Icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 22:14

I was impressed by Lambert. I think it makes a bit of a difference having a guy who wants to be the focal point up front, rather than a guy whose natural game is to drop deeper and influence the game facing the oppositions goal. lambert with his back to goal looked better to me

Bit gutted I offloaded him for a million quid in week 8!
Back to top Go down

England v Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Scotland   England v Scotland Icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 22:20

its only a 20 min cameo, but to be fair a lot of very successful players with limited skill have made excellent careers by being prepared to put their body in the mix, where the boots go flying in, where your likely to get a boot in the face

rooney as u say rich wants to play facing the oppositon, do we need that when we have ball players like gerrard, wilkshire,carrick etc etc

i know its very modern to have a guy that comes off the front, but the whole team has to be prepared to play a certain way and we clearly cant play with that level of composure.

lets go back to old school football, have ourselves a traditional CF and a couple of wide men...... u never know we might even be very revolutionary and put a left footer on the left and a right footer on the right.
Back to top Go down

England v Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Scotland   England v Scotland Icon_minitimeThu 15 Aug - 7:07

I think there's very much a case for Rooney with someone like Lambert, it's the same case that I've made for Rooney and Carroll. Sadly we're almost forced to play 3 central midfielders most of the time, but I'd love to see England line up with something like this..

Hart GK
Johnson/walker
cole/Baines 
Jags
Cahill 
Gerrard AM
Wilshere DY
Walcott RH
Zaha LH 
Rooney TM
Carroll/Lambert CF

I thought Zaha could have done better when he came on, but he's still very raw. I still don't see the point in Tom Cleverley
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

England v Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Scotland   England v Scotland Icon_minitimeThu 15 Aug - 8:40

Every time Welbeck touched the ball he lost control of it and possession broke down for us. Man of the fucking match !!!! give me a break Andy Townsend, and don't get me started on Rooney, have a nice day, for somebody with his rep he is like playing at about 10%, he needs dropping for sure.

I was very impressed with both Walker and Baines going forward.

So happy for Rickie Lambert he was a breathe of fresh air a throw back to the best days of football when players were real men and didnt mind getting kicked and elbowed, and what a header, fucking whole road heard me when that goal went in.
Back to top Go down

England v Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Scotland   England v Scotland Icon_minitimeThu 15 Aug - 8:50

I felt exactly the same. 
I turned to the other half who was doing a good job of watching Armageddon on the tv whilst I had the game on the IPad, and said, "I don't think i've ever been so happy for one player that I've no affinity to in my life. Bristol Rovers, to England and scores with his first touch". 

To see his face after the goal and accomplishing a boyhood dream, I hope serves as a reminder to the Rooney and Walcott's of this world, exactly what it should mean to play for your country. 

I bet you this.. If Rickie Lambert had started the game, it would have taken all ten of his team mates to drag him off at half-time...because he's "not match fit"...
Back to top Go down

England v Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Scotland   England v Scotland Icon_minitimeThu 15 Aug - 8:52

Will@Fulham wrote:
its only a 20 min cameo, but to be fair a lot of very successful players with limited skill have made excellent careers by being prepared to put their body in the mix, where the boots go flying in, where your likely to get a boot in the face
I tell you this Willy, if Lambert stays around the squad... you won't see Theo Walcott anywhere near a free kick ever again. Kyle Walker can do one as well. 

Lambert v Rooney scrap for a free kick on the edge of the box..I'd like to see that.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

England v Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Scotland   England v Scotland Icon_minitimeThu 15 Aug - 9:45

Why are we even discussing this? Northern Ireland beat a good team in a match that really mattered. That's football.
Back to top Go down

England v Scotland
Page 1 of 1