Paul Hemmings
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Dec - 15:58

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Rapid work this week Paul, thanks a lot.

Hope the job is going ok?

Job is okay thanks, still waiting for feedback on the work I've already done, so unless somebody says otherwise I'll just carry on doing my own thing.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Dec - 16:02

The deadline on the turns will show DEC 22ND hence the quick turnaround this week. If it proves to be too tight I will adjust it on the fly.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Dec - 16:22

Frustrating not having feedback still? You must be doing something right though! Very Happy 

What are your initial thoughts regarding next game day? I can't imagine you wanna run the game when it is next due on the 24th  santa Or the week after on New Year's Eve  drunken 

Week after that?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Dec - 16:23

Great minds...... Lol
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Dec - 16:29

I'm not sure really, depends on what is happening my end, I remember last year that I would have had time to run it over xmas but didn't have the orders, so this year I thought I'd try something different. But if people would prefer 2 weeks off then I'm okay with that.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Dec - 16:30

Printing done, too late to catch the post though, so I'll post it off tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Dec - 16:39

Thanks Paul for sending. For the 2nd week in a row I had 18 shots on target and only 1 goal - what are you doing to these keepers Paul, they seem in inspired form  Shocked !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Dec - 17:55

two turns i've not been able to send and i've won both games....interesting lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Dec - 19:19

End of an era at the cottage.

The Dutch master leaves for pasteurs new,

There's mixed feelings amongst supporters some say at 29 he was more than capable of another couple of seasons at the very top level and that possibly his very best was still to come others suggest that at 40m and no obvious position for him in the starting eleven since the arrivals of Mario and Suarez then the money represents good business for the club.

The fans forums and Internet chat rooms are awash with rumours and predictions as to who manager Buckley will want to bring in

New England World Cup hopeful and Southampton skipper Adam Lallana is the name on everyone lips while Christian Erikson and mahmado sakho's names are also being banded around amongst supporters

Manager Buckley has made it known quite publicly that he isn't overwhelmed by the clubs goalkeeping situation and so it remains to be seen if a move for Feyanoords Costel Pantillimon or Maarten Stekelenburg will happen.

Buckleys only comment on the matter so far was
'The deal has been done for the good and future of the club'

What that means exactly only time will tell, fans will have to trust his decision to sell the player who's goal ultimately brought the cottages their first ever league title
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Dec - 19:23

Top work Paul,

Hell of a days works that, turns played and sent out in one day 

Set yourself a benchmark now lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Dec - 0:37

Just read about Phil's departure on the other topic... Have to say I'm shocked. Does that mean we'll see the end of Rich @ Birmingham too?
Have to say we could do with some new managers in the game and on the forum to spark life back into the PM system... Or is it just that nobody is talking to me? Probably the latter! Lol

Last edited by Rich@Leicester on Wed 11 Dec - 9:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Dec - 8:28

Talk about a leading question but....

Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Rich@Birmingham
Championship 90/90
Championship 90/90
Rich@Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Dec - 18:27

Nah I'm still here boys! Had a lot on the past 2 weeks with my mates wedding but will be back in full flow this turn!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Dec - 18:32

Has Phil gone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Dec - 18:46

He announced his departure in the thread on the Site Announcements section I think. I certainly read it somewhere... I got quite tearful
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Dec - 20:00

So has it been retracted? As it isn't there now??

Certainly hope so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Dec - 20:07

thats my boy rich,

have a word with your young padawan, get him back on it,

do u think he was letting off a bit of steam cos we never did the beer thing.

we'll get on it in the new year  drunken
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Dec - 22:26

Tom, the post reads best of luck.

Yes defo Will. Rich and have a word, get him back on board! 

Failing that we do need some new managers I feel - Anyone got any suggestions as to how?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Dec - 7:12

It's on the "off-topic" section Tom, entitled Best of Luck. 

Will, it doesn't look like he was blowing off steam to me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Dec - 7:16

I think we do need some more managers live on the forum, it really makes this game buzz when the forum is active. Perhaps a little advertising?.. Or.. Maybe a good old fashioned twitter campaign would help.. Does CF have a twitter and Facebook page? We could target Football Manager fan pages etc etc
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Dec - 8:03

Rich@Leicester wrote:
I think we do need some more managers live on the forum, it really makes this game buzz when the forum is active. Perhaps a little advertising?.. Or.. Maybe a good old fashioned twitter campaign would help.. Does CF have a twitter and Facebook page? We could target Football Manager fan pages etc etc

I don't think so, Paul? Good idea Rich, plus the amount of people that play that IPhone First XI game means there must be a couple who might be able to pay £4 a week or so for this...
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Dec - 9:17

Agree we need a few new managers, although not sure Paul has enough time now to process a lot more turns?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Dec - 9:30

We've surely lost a few now, Paul felt able to deal with Hayden's application, and now we've lost Phil as well... Even if we just got 2/3 new ones it would make a difference
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Dec - 10:51

I always make time for CF to be honest, if we had more managers I could go back to running it full time, which would be great. I do have a facebook page for the game but haven't done much with it.

Phil did mention he was finding the game a bit frustrating atm and that was spoiling his enjoyment, and looking at his side he hasn't yet cleansed his EXCESS attitude 1 players and has 4 attitude 1 players playing in the reserves each week. esp VanDer Vaart being on the subs bench each week is a no-no now since we changed the way attitude 1's affect the squad at start of the new season.

Is anyone else finding this change too aggressive ? I hate it when changes are the cause of people dropping out, as they are supposed to enhance gameplay not make it more frustrating. If you have any thoughts let meknow somehow, thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Dec - 11:06

No it's not at all frustrating!. It's the best improvement to the game in all my time playing. It stops hoarding of high quality players ensuing that quality is spread throughout the game!.
Just because Phil can't manage his squads happiness I don't think we should change the game. 

It's called an in depth football management game for a reason..

Lets all work together and try and find a way to increase the numbers on the forum
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 5 processing ...   Season 24 Week 5 processing ... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Dec - 11:16

I could spend money on advertising the forum more but tbh I'm a bit reluctant to do that because the website doesn't actually belong to me. Ross could decide to let it close at anytime and advertising is very expensive, even on facebook it costs at least $5 a day. I'd be happy to spend a certain amount on advertising and try to get a few new faces in, always willing to try that of course, but I can't put money into other people's websites even if they are directly related to CF.
Back to top Go down

Season 24 Week 5 processing ...
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next