6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Empty
PostSubject: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 17 Mar - 9:28

Welcome to week 11 of the season, the halfway stage.

I started processing the orders yesterday and continuing with that today.

Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 17 Mar - 9:33

All in Paul or any missing?  And Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone.
Back to top Go down
Rich@Birmingham
Championship 90/90
Championship 90/90
Rich@Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 17 Mar - 9:58

Happy St Patricks day boys, will be enjoying it in the (hopefully) sunny city of Budapest. Already got the Irish bars scouted, plenty of the black stuff i think!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 17 Mar - 9:59

Enjoy Rich. That sounds awesome.  I'll be enjoying it from behind my desk. Hold on .... I actually won't be enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 17 Mar - 11:28

No turns this week from Chelsea, Real Madrid and Schalke, everybody else is in thanks.

I had the system re-evaluate all players that were PT=CR according to their international caps and international squad appearances Under23 appearances etc, so no need anymore to list the affected players.( went back to the less aggressive version ). Plus I've reviewed a few players manually who needed it.

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Tue 18 Mar - 8:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iain@RealMadrid
Premier League - 92/92
Premier League - 92/92
Iain@RealMadrid

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 17 Mar - 12:25

Paul I have emailed mine, hope not to late
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 17 Mar - 13:58

Iain@RealMadrid wrote:
Paul I have emailed mine, hope not to late

thanks
Back to top Go down
Rich@Birmingham
Championship 90/90
Championship 90/90
Rich@Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 17 Mar - 14:06

Really could've done without RvP being injured this week but hopefully Nani off the back of a great week will be an able deputy!!! Means a bit of a switcharound but C'est la vie!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 17 Mar - 16:46

Mine was posted late should be there tomorrow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 17 Mar - 19:59

I haven't sent mine just been to busy lately what is best way to transfer some money to you Paul as my credit is in arrears??
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Mar - 8:11

Morning everyone, as Paul says we have reached game 11 this week, halfway through the season already!  How have you fared so far? Happy or not?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Mar - 8:41

Gaz@Chelsea wrote:
I haven't sent mine just been to busy lately what is best way to transfer some money to you Paul as my credit is in arrears??

sent you a pm Gaz.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Mar - 9:25

Premier League fixtures this week :

Man City v Chelsea

An important fixture this one for both teams.  Man City arrive at Maine Road fresh off a resounding 6-1 thrashing of Liverpool last week.  It certainly seems that Geoff has his players well and truly drilled into the system he wants to play.  It certainly is one that is hard to stop, and the second highest scorers in the league go into this game full of confidence trying to close the slight gap between their team and the top three.  Long way to go in the season yet, and I personally fancy Man City to be challenging for the big prize come the end of the season.   They come up against a Chelsea side once again missing their manager, so they could well be up against it this week.  The Chelsea fans will be nervously glancing over their shoulders at the teams below them this week, as only three points separate them from the relegation places.

Watford v Birmingham

Fresh off the back of a late equaliser at home to Fulham last week, Birmingham will be keen to pick up all three points here to propel themselves back into the title race.  A couple of disappointing results in the last few weeks have seen them slightly drop off the pace.  However they still have the talent to cause any team a problem, especially with the new system that the players seem to be getting more used to, every week that goes by.  Gonna be tricky this week without their main man in the TM role as Rich has pointed out, however the form that Nani seems to be in at the minute, there aren't many other alternatives that would be a better fit and he will still cause Jamie a few problems. 
However, this is Jamie's Watford we are talking about, notoriously a difficult team to score against, the second best defence in the league supports this, and they are a different team this year.  Combining their tight defence with the ability to score goals at will it seems, create a deadly team to play against and a favourite for the title surely?    Last week was a throw back to the old days though, with a tight 0-0 draw, but that was against a resurgent Arsenal team, which might prove to be a good point come the end of the season. 
This is gonna be a tight game, but home advantage and an absent RVP might provide the difference?

Liverpool v Newcastle

Newcastle are very much boosted this week by the return of their manager, and hopefully his influence will finally encourage his players to produce a long overdue performance this week.   A very important game for Mark this week and three points are a must.  Liverpool are dropping down the table fast after a good start and Mark needs to start making ground on the teams above him.  A good point last week away at Chelsea could be the beginning of the Newcastle revival?  Liverpool's confidence will not be any lower going into this game having suffered an absolute hammering last week away at Man City, not even registering an effort on target.  Team news could be vital as the ever influential Nemanja Matic will be missing through suspension.

Spurs v Leicester

Richard, Richard, Richard.  I almost felt sorry for you last week.  ALMOST.
A sterling defensive performance away at Plymouth.  A fixture in which no-one would have given you a chance, including myself, you proved a lot of people wrong.  Although the stats suggest Ben was the better team, to go away and stop the likes of Ozil, Aguero, Wilshere scoring is no mean feat.  After the heart-breaking goal in the dying moments, the screams of anguish could be heard as far north as Leicester from the ground at Home Park.
However, in the cold light of day, no points were gained for such a heroic performance and the threat of the drop zone is still very real.  Three points are surely a must in this game, for the same reason as Mark.  Points have to be gained against teams in and around you.  This being an away fixture makes it that little bit more difficult, but I still think Rich and Nasri will have too much. 
Totenhams performance last week couldn't be more opposite to Leicesters, a capitulation at The Valley has left them facing the real prospect of a relegation scrap for the rest of the season.

Arsenal v Fulham

What has happened to the Champions?  They have fallen slightly off the pace of the league this year after three games without a win.  Can't remember the last time Will went that long without three points?  A new tactical system? Change of players?  Be interesting to hear from Will what his thoughts are on the run of bad form.  Champions are champions though, and surely the run won't last.  There is still plenty of time for the Craven Cottage outfit to turn things around and they aren't that far behind.
However, in my eyes, Will couldn't be facing a more difficult fixture this week against an Arsenal side, who undoubtedly have the talent available but don't seem to have a particular system worked out.  Things will certainly settle down at the Emirates, and as soon as it does the opposition will certainly know about it.  It almost feels like something just needs to click and they will go on a fantastic run.  Fulham will be desperately hoping it doesn't start this week.   Too good to go down?

Charlton v Plymouth 

Never like commenting on my own games, but I guess this is the biggest game of the week?  The league's best attack v the league's best defence?

Maybe someone else can do a review on this game?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Mar - 10:08

Charlton V Plymouth

The immoveable object takes on the irresistible force.

A titanic fixture, both teams have been a model of consistency in a fiercely contested league where most teams have been largly taking points off each other.

Ben seems to have got a fit and a balance to his star studded side and they are performing accordingly. A narrow 1 goal victory last time the teams met will give ben confidence but a trip to a packed out  valley is a different kettle of fish.

As for Charlton, Tom continues to get the most out of his players and they have proven time and time again they will give blood for their boss, not nessesarily the most star studded line up.
But theres an level incredible balance and thought that goes into each team line up.

Signing of the season Gerrard has been an inspiration and provides experience and guidance to the likes of coutinho and Kelly and is the linchpin that allows the side to flow.

Lucas continues to screen the back four and Coloccini has fit seamlessly into the Charlton way.

The only question around the valley is what sanctions the manager is to take over controversial striker Nicolas Anelka as the fallout of his Quinelle gesture gathers pace.

but back to football, prediction:
Plymouth will provide Charlton with their toughest fixture of the season but I see another home win at the fortress valley.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Mar - 11:17

great read , thanks guys

Games are due to kickoff at 1000 hours Wednesday morning.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Mar - 12:56

Running all the reserve, youth and schoolboy games now, in the end I have no orders from Chelsea and Schalke, but if your orders arrive in the post today Jamie I can process the first team stuff at least, but its now too late for the res,you & sch.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Mar - 13:00

Paul Hemmings wrote:
great read , thanks guys

Games are due to kickoff at 1000 hours Wednesday morning.
I will just be in a cab heading into Munich.
Back to top Go down
Rich@Birmingham
Championship 90/90
Championship 90/90
Rich@Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Mar - 13:00

Great stuff Tom, think you're right in the absence of RvP and being away could be the difference although my away form is better than home so its one of them that could swing either way!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Mar - 13:53

lunchtime bbiab
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Mar - 17:11

games will kickoff at 1015 hours Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Mar - 10:12

the teams are out and players are warming up...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Mar - 10:18

okay we're off ...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Mar - 10:19

Sampdoria 0 Cagliari 1 Matri on 2 minutes.
Milan 0 Lazio 1 Buononotte.
Kansas 0 Galaxy 1 Jaerson.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Mar - 10:19

Crowd congestion at some of the bigger games?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 11 processing ...   Season 24 Week 11 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Mar - 10:20

Man Utd 1 Wolves 0 Berbatov on 3 minutes.
Lyon 1 Montpellier 0 Damiao.
Hannover 0 Berlin 1 Almeida.
Ancona 0 Inter 1 Khedira.
Back to top Go down

Season 24 Week 11 processing ...
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: