Rob@Barcelona
Iain@RealMadrid
Tom@Charlton
Paul Hemmings
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage

Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 9:01 pm

How the other half live lol
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 9:25 pm

So says the man with Suarez, Super Mario and Carroll.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 9:48 pm

I'll see you two, with those average players and raise you with Bent and Aspas.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 9:49 pm

Tom@Charlton wrote:
I'll see you two, with those average players and raise you with Bent and Aspas.
Winner.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 9:32 am

Interesting discussion here, who has the best 3 forwards in the game ?

My three at Santos.

The man, Humberlito Borges, quite prolific in Brazil broke the 83 year old all time scoring record a few seasons back, now getting on a bit at 33, but still golden to watch, if you get the chance. Only played once for Brazil shoulda been more, but I'm a sucker for an underdog.

Keirrison, at 20 was the most wanted, moved to Barca for £14m and then disappeared into various reserve squads, classic story of young kid too much too early, I saw him play last week and he was great and I have faith he will still come good, he gets the ball he shoots as simple as that, not much of a team player though, hopefully he still has time to learn that.

Rivaldo, saw him playing for Santos as a youngster as a target man and was well impressed, was the pick of the litter at under21 national level but now he is a nobody playing at anchorman for a nobody side and at 28 is unlikely to ever return to what I witnessed as an 18 year old, but my memories linger, so he has a place in my team just for the memories.

Hmmm may need to rethink my transfer policies if I'm to compete with Boca and now Flamengo as well in the future... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 4:41 pm

It has to be rob,

higuain, canvani and diego costa and if one of those three doesn't take your fancy then he can throw in el shaawary.

Fantastic options
Back to top Go down
Rich@Birmingham
Championship 90/90
Championship 90/90
Rich@Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 8:39 pm

Quite happy with Van Persie, Chicharito, Welbeck, Cisse, Januzaj, Wilson and Henriquez. Good mix of youth and experience.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:26 am

That is a nice line up. I think some of the U21 leagues and in particular the youth league have some amazing attacking line ups. Tom has loads of quality (and goals) at Charlton for example with 3 of the top 6 goal scorers including one Raheem Sterling. I take nothing away from Barca or Real who also have quality youth squads.

Another amazingly unsung pipeline of talent is Ancona. What a conveyor belt of first team quality they have. And Santos ... Paul has a few gems too!!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 10:28 am

You are right, there are a lot of good acadamies out there, and it is getting increasingly hard to find top young talent that hasn't already been snapped up!

Top of the tree in the schoolboy league though?  Rob with his star studded academy.  Champions last year and well on course to finish top again this year.  I have a feeling Inter might be dominating the youth and reserve leagues too in Italy?

It might be time for some talent to step up to the first team next year, Sterling and Shaw are seriously knocking on the door, with the latter maybe allowing me to listen to offers for Kolarov...
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:50 am

Paul Hemmings wrote:
A few questions were raised last week when Man United signed Taison and Douglas Costa when neither have played in England in real-life. But both have been rumoured recently to be joining English clubs, Taison to Chelsea and Douglas to Man United and both players were at managed clubs so they couldn't be trialed but they can still be private deals if they are rumoured to be coming to these shores in recent reports. They cant play in the first team though until they are granted work permits and make their debuts. And both players were on the transfer list.

Just a quick question regarding this Paul, if one of these players for example was 9797 and wanted first team football, would their morale plummet as the most football you could give them while they were AWP would be reserve football?  Or would they not be that bothered until; they officially signed?
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 12:03 pm

Quite right. Doing the same thing. De Sciglio is a regular starter for me this season. El Shaarawy regularly plays although mostly as a sub. Next season Varane, Verratti and Markovic will all start to feature more regularly. 

Maybe more exciting is the production line at Boca with Quintero, Lanzini, Diego Reyes and a few others close.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Boca are on a different planet altogether....
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 6:47 pm

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
A few questions were raised last week when Man United signed Taison and Douglas Costa when neither have played in England in real-life. But both have been rumoured recently to be joining English clubs, Taison to Chelsea and Douglas to Man United and both players were at managed clubs so they couldn't be trialed but they can still be private deals if they are rumoured to be coming to these shores in recent reports. They cant play in the first team though until they are granted work permits and make their debuts. And both players were on the transfer list.

Just a quick question regarding this Paul, if one of these players for example was 9797 and wanted first team football, would their morale plummet as the most football you could give them while they were AWP would be reserve football?  Or would they not be that bothered until; they officially signed?

5 weeks honeymoon period protects morale then it would be all downhill from there unless they sign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 6:55 pm

Quck question, I know the next game bonus is a collective one but is the win and cup bonus the same?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 9:19 pm

Win and cup bonus are per player I believe 

So u set it at 5k,10k or whatever u want to pay them per player

I think...
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Whose managing in Germany these days?  No one?
Back to top Go down
Rich@Birmingham
Championship 90/90
Championship 90/90
Rich@Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 9:56 pm

Just Jamie@Schalke
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:16 pm

great that all you guys are still here...I'm amazed tbh...and daunted at the same time!  

My problem is I enjoyed the game for two things mainly 1) everyone knows I loved doing deals, if I wasn't doing that then I was only not frustrated about all the bad results due to.... 2) the forum, without it, the game would surely no longer be here, its a credit to the players keeping it alive so long and that Paul continues running it.  The third thing was playing against all you guys, the reality managers were a step forward but in a league on my own, or getting smashed up every week, I know I won't last Very Happy

So, that's what I need to think about, cos it's no good committing to something and making a bad decision from the start with the choice of environment/club.  Those English rules still look tough going Very Happy 

Anyway, are Chelsea in League One now Gaz? lol Wink

Btw, has the morale thing changed much at all?  Just before I left I well remember looking at my team sheet with 5 or 6 awful morales, and some of those were only 9795s...it was getting tough having anything over a 92 on the bench unless he was getting regular cup/europe games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 7:04 am

Stuart wrote:
great that all you guys are still here...I'm amazed tbh...and daunted at the same time!  

My problem is I enjoyed the game for two things mainly 1) everyone knows I loved doing deals, if I wasn't doing that then I was only not frustrated about all the bad results due to.... 2) the forum, without it, the game would surely no longer be here, its a credit to the players keeping it alive so long and that Paul continues running it.  The third thing was playing against all you guys, the reality managers were a step forward but in a league on my own, or getting smashed up every week, I know I won't last Very Happy

So, that's what I need to think about, cos it's no good committing to something and making a bad decision from the start with the choice of environment/club.  Those English rules still look tough going Very Happy 

Btw, has the morale thing changed much at all?  Just before I left I well remember looking at my team sheet with 5 or 6 awful morales, and some of those were only 9795s...it was getting tough having anything over a 92 on the bench unless he was getting regular cup/europe games.

Cheeky bastard lol. we are just hanging on in there in the premiership, I've been absent from the bench for about 5 turns so my return should kick them into action
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 11:21 am

Stuart wrote:

Everything is running really smoothy at the minute Stu and its a good time to get back into it.  Paul has put in a lot of work to iron out certain issues and the game is running really well.  Transfers are a lot better than when you left, they take a bit of thinking about and sometimes the reality managers want a lot, but that is good in my eyes as it will make them stronger.  Although, they are willing to deals if you put together the right offer.   Matchday commentary is brilliant, email turns are perfectly set up and morale issues are no more (as long as you have you house in order).

In terms of players kicking off about playing time, it seems to be set now that anyone with 97 CR or above need first team 80% of the time and 95CR need first 18 80% of the time.  All others can be managed quite easily in anyteam (reserves, youths and schoolboys).  Just don't overload yourself with 9797 or 9999 unless you can successfully rotate them.

If you did start in England, you could either start in Bansteads (Pauls team) league lower down the leagues and build up.  This would be great in my eyes as you would have a lot of choice of players that us at the sharp end haven't got room for (as long ass your budget allows).  The loan market is much improved too.
Alternatively, you could take over at Arsenal, who have a plethora of talent available already.

One thing I would say, is that if you did manage in England, you should definitely get a feeder club abroad, so you can get players in there early in case they move to England like the majority of managers do.  Otherwise you may fall behind both financially and player wise.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 2:17 pm

Gaz@Chelsea wrote:
Quck question, I know the next game bonus is a collective one but is the win and cup bonus the same?

all bonuses are per player except the NG bonus
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 2:58 pm

I made a crucial error when inputting Leicester's orders and forgot to move Carrick from PM to AM, mainly I reckon cos Rich didn't send me a written order sheet last week and it's much harder to skip between screens when entering data than it is it to transpose things from paper to screen, so not sending paper orders does make errors more likely.

If I make crucial errors my policy is to try and rerun league games that are affected, so this is what I did and the replay score for the affected league games was

Leicester 2 Man City 4

I've adjusted all the tables and records to reflect this replayed result.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 1:18 pm

Just to clarify I cannot rerun cup games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 14 processing...   Season 24 week 14 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 11:27 pm

Thanks to Paul for re-running the game, not that it made much difference!
Time has been scarce these last two turns, but next turn should see a return to normal
Back to top Go down

Season 24 week 14 processing...
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9