3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave@Villa
International 94/94
International 94/94
Dave@Villa

Languages Empty
PostSubject: Languages   Languages Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb - 20:04

I'm trying to work out how many languages are spoken in my team and was just wanting to check that Nigerians and Zimbabweans speak English and that Ivorians and Cameroonians speak French etc.

Also, do Belgians, Dutch etc count English as a language, as most of them are fluent English speakers? I'm thinking not on this one!

Finally, what about players like Cy Goddard, who is a Chelsea born Japanese youth international?

Dave
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages   Languages Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb - 22:02

Good questions Dave.

I know that Brazilian and Portuguese players count as 1 language! And if you have more than 3 (I think) languages in your squad, it starts to have a detrimental effect.

Here's another, related question:

What's the difference between Language Teachers and Interpreters, in game terms?

For instance I have a Language Teacher on staff (doesn't say what language or who for - so I'm assuming it's 'generic' and serves the team as a whole), at 100+% effectiveness. And I have Interpreters at 100+% (Assuming the same).

I also have a player moaning that he needs a better language teacher, and another player moaning that he wants a better interpreter. Why is this?

Andy.
Back to top Go down
Dave@Villa
International 94/94
International 94/94
Dave@Villa

Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages   Languages Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb - 23:53

Yeah! I have interpreter at 100/ and a player wanting better!!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages   Languages Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 13:46

Dave@Spurs wrote:
I'm trying to work out how many languages are spoken in my team and was just wanting to check that Nigerians and Zimbabweans speak English and that Ivorians and Cameroonians speak French etc.

yes and yes

Each player has one language he knows regardless, depending on his international countries main spoken language ( as stated on wikipedia ) so any ENG nationality player will speak english. HOL and BEL nats speak Dutch. 

On top of that there is a switch that indicates if a player can speak the main language for the country in which he plays, this switch is on if i've heard him speaking on TV and the system also switches it on after he has been playing for 20 games, he's assumed to have learnt the footballing language after 20 games. The 20 games can be shortened by employing language teachers and the handicaps that come from not speaking can be negated by employing a 100% effective interpreter.

A detective will investigate how many languages your squad speak and gives you details via the dealing code INVESTIGATE ( free format ).
Back to top Go down
Dave@Villa
International 94/94
International 94/94
Dave@Villa

Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Languages   Languages Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 15:28

Cheers Paul. Very helpful.
Back to top Go down

Languages
Page 1 of 1