Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...

Go down 
+6
Matt@Barcelona
Andy@Schalke
Andy@Leicester
Ben@Plymouth
Tom@Charlton
Paul Hemmings
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 14:31

Isthmian

Rotherham
Darlington
Barnet

all going up and all unmanaged.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 14:33

Spartan

Brighton 54 +44
Wigan 44 +20 reality
Truro 33 +4 unmanaged

Brighton take top spot in the Spartan and cruise up a division, congrats to Tom.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 14:34

Thanks Paul to an excellent season as ever!

Plymouth were poor in what was a transition for them and Roma exceeded all expectations. 

Big news on the transfer front as Zlatan Ibrahimovic announces he will play at Plymouth next season (Paul you might need to put him on protected status though given his age so he doesn't retire in CF if thats possible?) - more signings are expected with a massive £150million war-chest available. Rumours are that Plymouth will once again seek to break the World Transfer Record for the second time in quick succession...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 14:35

Athenian

Rushden unmanaged
Millwall unmanaged
Brentford unmanaged

are all going up after Millwall have kicked their way to promotion for sure.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 14:38

Le Championnat

Paris 55 +43
Monaco 52 +27
Nantes 51 +31
Etienne 50 +41

this title was in doubt for the longest time but eventually Alain took his beloved Paris to the top and actually managed to keep them there for a change and his first ever title win.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 14:40

Eredivisie

Feyenoord 54 +43
PSV 52 +31
Ajax 48 +35
Rotterdam 42 +21

Feyenoord have been top dogs this season after they came through with a strong run towards the end of the season and refused to slip up having added much needed steel to their undoubted talent, congrats to Ollie on a fine season.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 14:44

La Liga

Real Madrid 56 +44
Barcelona 53 +38
Valencia 46 +29
Real Betis 43 +21
Bilbao 39 -1 reality

Real claim the title as Iain looks to guide his side back to the pinnacle of club football and next season's Champions League.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 14:46

MLS

Harrisburg 53 +42
Cosmos 53 +34
Chicago 46 +25
Tampa Bay 27 -10 unmanaged

I was hoping that my own Chicago side could challenge the top two this season but I just fell short, I'll do better next season.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 14:46

onto the transfers now...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 14:52

A 94th minute goal gives Watford the title now that really is an Aguero moment so congrats to Jamie and commiserations to Tom and Phil who both came so close, and even those teams that fell away towards the end contributed immensely to what has been a very enjoyable Premiership season.

I would like to especially thank Tom for all his efforts this season and I would like to name him as my manager of the season, being the manager of the season is about more than what you win and he has gone above and beyond to help out the game this season, and helped me out on several occasions without prompting, so thanks Tom you are my Manager of the Season. 

Honorable mentions also to Andy for his triumphant return to Schalke, to Ollie for his measured success at both Feyenoord and Preston, to Jamie who has steadily over a number of seasons gathered together some of the best english talent available and molded them into a winning team, something no real life englishman has ever done over the last fifty years since we won the World Cup with Alf, and lastly an honorable mention to Mark who celebrated his 25th season in Championship Football last week, thanks Mark you are a rock star mate.

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Wed 20 Jul - 14:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 14:54

Paul Hemmings wrote:
A 94th minute goal gives Watford the title now that really is an Aguero moment so congrats to Jamie and commiserations to Tom and Phil who both came so close, and even those teams that fell away towards the end contributed immensely to what has been a very enjoyable Premiership season.

I would like to especially thank Tom for all his efforts this season and I would like to name him as my manager of the season, being the manager of the season is about more than what you win and he has gone above and beyond to help out the game this season, and helped me out on several occasions without prompting, so thanks Tom you are my Manager of the Season.
Congrats Tom!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 15:02

Watford sign Ross Barkley from their feeder club for £30millions.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 15:02

Paul Hemmings wrote:

Honorable mentions also to Andy for his triumphant return to Schalke, to Ollie for his measured success at both Feyenoord and Preston, to Jamie who has steadily over a number of seasons gathered together some of the best english talent available and molded them into a winning team, something no real life englishman has ever done over the last fifty years since we won the World Cup with Alf, and lastly an honorable mention to Mark who celebrated his 25th season in Championship Football last week, thanks Mark you are a rock star mate.

Well said.
Back to top Go down
Andy@Leicester
League Two - 86/86
League Two - 86/86
Andy@Leicester

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 15:11

Paul Hemmings wrote:

Congratulations to all the winners and unlucky with Charlton Tom.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 15:14

a few deals didnt go through because the players involved are still on loan, before you can sell someone you need to end the loan so the system can assign him a squad number before it processes the transfer. Loans are terminated with the ENDLOAN dealing and are processed before the transfers.

I think I've added all the missing ENDLOANs and rerun the dealings so you should be okay this week, but I don't always see these.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 15:24

Ancona sign El Shaarawy from Inter for £30millions.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 15:26

Nantes and Inter do a big deal that sees Raphael Guerriero join Inter whilst Samuel Umtiti and Ricardo Rodriguez join Nantes for £15million each.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 15:27

Feyenoord offload Gaston Ramirez to Hull for £18million.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 15:28

Clearing some squad space.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 15:28

Lots of reviews been processed this week in light of what we enjoyed at the Euros and the Copa America so look out for them.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 15:30

Rob@Inter wrote:
Clearing some squad space.

Very sensible bearing in mind that attitude 1 players will be far less happy sitting on the bench from next season.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 16:16

coaching and finances now...
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 18:49

Very kind words Paul, thanks very much.  Just do what I can to help, but I think most would agree on here that the effort you have put in from the outset of this game is outstanding along with the concept, playability and addictiveness of the game.

We are very grateful for the amount of work you put into this game, week after week, to make it as enjoyable as it is.  Despite the desperate way we lost the title today, thoughts are already turning to what can be improved for next season and hopefully another challenge.  That is a credit to you and the superb game you created and continually improve after all this time. 

Thanks for another great season.

Congrats to all the winners, especially Jamie, title winner in arguably the hardest league in the game. Hats off to Andy for winning the title in such a short space of time against such a tough opponent as Bayern.  There is a lot of serious building going on at Schalke too, a lot of quality players coming in.

My manager of the season vote goes to Rob though, the one trophy everyone wants to win that has eluded him for so long, was finally achieved this year.  He is a top CF manager and one I will always look up to.

Finally, may I suggest a new rule that whoever wins Paul's manager of the year vote gets a 10 point head-start the following year? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 21:07

Get in! More shocked than delighted! Wasn't expecting that at all! 

Just got home from work and been scrolling through, what a roller coaster of emotions! 

Commiserations Tom, to lose by one goal so late must be hard to take but I'm sure you'll mount another strong challenge next season like normal. 

Big congratulations to all the league winners and thanks paul for another great season!
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 21:55

I've played games all my life. Board games, Role-playing games, Postal games, Email games, Computer games, live sport - so for this game to STILL have such appeal for me is a credit to Paul and his efforts to keep it fresh and fluid! I know I had a massive gap, but I was always thinking that I'd return at some point.......and my attention span is stupid-low....

Hats off mate!!

Manager of the year for me has to be Rob at Inter (CL) - closely followed by Jamie (amazing EPL) and Ollie - for a brilliant first ever season.

Andy.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...   Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jul - 7:29

The electric is off again for most of today so I wont be able to send out the turns until very late this afternoon or maybe even this evening. Maintenance on the local sub-station.
Back to top Go down

Season 26 Week 22 processing...End of the season...
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next