Paul Hemmings
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Season 29 Week 22 processing... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 22 processing...   Season 29 Week 22 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jun - 19:37

Think it is related to league positions over the last six seasons? 12 points for a league win, 11 for second etc

Is that right? 

Would mean Schalke have won 5 out of the last 6 titles, finishing second in the odd one? Shocked

Impressive, especially as there was a Champions League in there too?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 22 processing...   Season 29 Week 22 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jun - 19:56

All in all another great season for me with fantastic success for all my teams. Beyond that my enjoyment of the game is as much as it ever been, credit to Paul and all the other managers for such an enjoyable season. 

On the Gamesmaster, I would just like to extend my gratitude for not only this season but for the game itself.

On this season, I think I’m right in saying that despite continuous problems such as printer issues, windows 10 issues and even in-game issues such as the champions issue in week 7, Paul has only had one weeks break at Xmas and in all 22 weeks we’ve had a vidiprinter and turns delivered bang on time without fail. 

I think sometimes Paul must dread sending out the turns as most weeks he must get messages moaning/questioning something in the turn (maybe just me) but nevertheless they are always all sorted out immediately. Thanks for all the effort put into this season, week in week out. It is greatly appreciated as I’m sure we would all agree. 

On the game itself, I can’t think of any superlatives strong enough to describe how good it is.  I’ve been playing for over 10 years now and am still learning something new all the time. To maintain its level of difficulty and playability for 29 seasons is astonishing. The biggest compliment I can pay it, is that it remains by far, in my humble opinion, the best management simulation game available. For the game to still have that after nearly 30 years, when technology and gaming has advanced as far as it has, is astounding. Hats off to Paul for creating such a masterpiece. 

Hope you still enjoy it as much as the early days.
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 22 processing...   Season 29 Week 22 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jun - 22:44

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Think it is related to league positions over the last six seasons? 12 points for a league win, 11 for second etc

Is that right? 

Would mean Schalke have won 5 out of the last 6 titles, finishing second in the odd one? Shocked

Ahem, 2 champions leagues...Wink
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 22 processing...   Season 29 Week 22 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jun - 0:14

Tom@Charlton wrote:
All in all another great season for me with fantastic success for all my teams. Beyond that my enjoyment of the game is as much as it ever been, credit to Paul and all the other managers for such an enjoyable season. 

On the Gamesmaster, I would just like to extend my gratitude for not only this season but for the game itself.

On this season, I think I’m right in saying that despite continuous problems such as printer issues, windows 10 issues and even in-game issues such as the champions issue in week 7, Paul has only had one weeks break at Xmas and in all 22 weeks we’ve had a vidiprinter and turns delivered bang on time without fail. 

I think sometimes Paul must dread sending out the turns as most weeks he must get messages moaning/questioning something in the turn (maybe just me) but nevertheless they are always all sorted out immediately. Thanks for all the effort put into this season, week in week out. It is greatly appreciated as I’m sure we would all agree. 

On the game itself, I can’t think of any superlatives strong enough to describe how good it is.  I’ve been playing for over 10 years now and am still learning something new all the time. To maintain its level of difficulty and playability for 29 seasons is astonishing. The biggest compliment I can pay it, is that it remains by far, in my humble opinion, the best management simulation game available. For the game to still have that after nearly 30 years, when technology and gaming has advanced as far as it has, is astounding. Hats off to Paul for creating such a masterpiece. 

Absolutely bang on Tom. 
A masterpiece is a great description, I cant believe that you used to run 6 games!
Oh, and apologies for my moaning over the years mate - but hey, i was nowhere near the worst. I feel a phone call to sean denton coming on...
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 22 processing...   Season 29 Week 22 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jun - 8:16

Tom@Charlton wrote:

I remember starting this game 10 years ago, with my Arsenal squad who I managed to get relegated with the likes of Hleb,Rosicky,Henry,Reyes,Gallas,Clichy,Sagna... did a swell job there ha!! However, after many conversations and emails I managed to win the Champions League. Even when I tried playing Lord Bendtner as my main CF. Some strange strange dealings went on back then! 

But this game is a masterpiece and we are the lucky guys who get to enjoy its marvel. 

Long may it continue! HALA HEMSOFT!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 22 processing...   Season 29 Week 22 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jun - 10:51

Andy@Schalke wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:

Is that right? 

Ahem, 2 champions leagues...Wink
Oops sorry mate, doing you a disservice there!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 22 processing...   Season 29 Week 22 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jun - 11:41

Thanks for all the feedback, always very welcome, good or bad.

I first created the AI that runs the games back in 1977 on my University Degree course and I've added mechanics over the years to create a complete game but it's not the mechanics or the AI that make this game it's you guys the players, playing against each other week in week out, even if your team is in the Conference, the competition of playing against and beating real opponents can't be beaten. So thanks for your continued enthusiasm it's much appreciated.

Printing now then I'll send out the email turns...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 22 processing...   Season 29 Week 22 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jun - 14:08

Email turns all sent out, we don't seem to have suffered any anomalies by running on the new version of Windows 10 but it's worth checking thoroughly...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 22 processing...   Season 29 Week 22 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jun - 9:35

It all started at Bayern in Game 2 for me. My favourite ever combo was the Effenburg-Matthaus midfield axis. With Christian Zeige bombing on from left wingback and Geovane Elber up front (he did well to displace Fredi Bobic). That was a team. Agree with the others, Championship Football or ‘The Game’ is a work of art.
Back to top Go down
Geoff@ManCity
League One 88/88
League One 88/88
Geoff@ManCity

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 22 processing...   Season 29 Week 22 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jun - 11:39

Great season thanks everybody.
Back to top Go down

Season 29 Week 22 processing...
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7