Paul Hemmings
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
pierre@fulham
Conference - 84/84
Conference - 84/84

Season 30 Week 1 processing... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 1 processing...   Season 30 Week 1 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Aug - 7:26

Some questions hopefully someone could answer.
I see in the rulebook there are different turn (normal/deluxe/super deluxe/expert), but I couldn't find the costs of the different turn. Does anyone knows the prices?

Is the current rating a sum of all skills together? 

Some players attributes have number until 99 (basic skills and support skills), other ones only get mentioned without numbers. How do I compare those with eachother? Which one are more important?

What does TS infront of the player skills mean?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 1 processing...   Season 30 Week 1 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Aug - 8:13

The prices will be on top of the Order sheet you will receive. Usually on Saturday but might be Monday depending on post with the Awful weather. 

Current rating, highest a player can be is Potenial (PT) 99. Current rating is usually decreases of 2. So 97, 95 and lower. Depending on current players stance in the world. A rising superstar might be a 99 - 97 and good youth international might be a 9795. If a players PT and CR don't match it will mean the player wont be able to reach his full total skills (TS) usually affects KN the most but not limited to that skill. 

QU AE CO SP LP TA HD SH VO KN CG DR OF MM ST LD VI TK FK CO PN 
 140/125 88 88  88  88 66  88 77 66   44 99  77  63  88  88   88 61 44 00 73 88 63 

So when i first started i read the skills of 99... 66.. 55... however it actually is 9/8 so a player is currently at 8skills out of 9... if a player is 0/0 its cause they don't have any points in that skill. So Leadership(LD) isn't available to every player. Cenrebacks don't tend to have any Dribble (DR). Trickery (TK) is for obviously players with a bit of flair and skill to get out of situations. It's very rare a player will have skills in every category. 

TS is total skills so, 140/125 - a player is using 125 out of 140 skills so irrespective of a player is the best in the game if they aren't skilled up there not effective. And we've just had preseason where players skills drop and it's a race to train them back up. Best way is to play friendlies, hire coaches and use the IND box on your order sheet to put 1 player a week on individual training for a boost. 

Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
pierre@fulham
Conference - 84/84
Conference - 84/84

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 1 processing...   Season 30 Week 1 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Aug - 10:47

Phil@Watford wrote:
The prices will be on top of the Order sheet you will receive. Usually on Saturday but might be Monday depending on post with the Awful weather. 

Current rating, highest a player can be is Potenial (PT) 99. Current rating is usually decreases of 2. So 97, 95 and lower. Depending on current players stance in the world. A rising superstar might be a 99 - 97 and good youth international might be a 9795. If a players PT and CR don't match it will mean the player wont be able to reach his full total skills (TS) usually affects KN the most but not limited to that skill. 

140/125 88 88  88  88 66  88 77 66   44 99  77  63  88  88   88 61 44 00 73 88 63 

So when i first started i read the skills of 99... 66.. 55... however it actually is 9/8 so a player is currently at 8skills out of 9... if a player is 0/0 its cause they don't have any points in that skill. So Leadership(LD) isn't available to every player. Cenrebacks don't tend to have any Dribble (DR). Trickery (TK) is for obviously players with a bit of flair and skill to get out of situations. It's very rare a player will have skills in every category. 

TS is total skills so, 140/125 - a player is using 125 out of 140 skills so irrespective of a player is the best in the game if they aren't skilled up there not effective. And we've just had preseason where players skills drop and it's a race to train them back up. Best way is to play friendlies, hire coaches and use the IND box on your order sheet to put 1 player a week on individual training for a boost. 

Hope that helps!
Thanks for your answer. That helps. 
To judge players do you use the CR or basic/support skills or the extra attributes, or do you use all 3 off them?

I've noticed that this is a very large game with many competitions. But I only could see the Englisch leagues in the print out. Is it possible to see other countries/players etc? And if some want to sell a player on the forum form another country, could I also buy that player?

In the match report I've seen match ratings I think like: average, sublime etc. Is there an overview of these ratings?
Back to top Go down
pierre@fulham
Conference - 84/84
Conference - 84/84

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 1 processing...   Season 30 Week 1 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Aug - 10:49

Paul Hemmings wrote:
pierre@fulham wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Email turns all sent out.

I've enclosed a copy of the latest rulebook so everybody is uptodate and I'll continue to do that on week one of each new season.

Also everything received. For a newbie it's overwhelming information. Expecially the print out of turn 1. Lots of numbers and many things which you choose from.

Yeah the first turn is always huge because of all the lists you get as well as your turn bits, might try to redesign that so its not quite so daunting in future, thanks for the feedback.
 The "problem" of this game is the difference between experienced players and new players. This is a very large game with a lot of choices you could make as a manager. I can even choose where a would place a free kick with the free kick codes. 
I will give it a change and have to ask a lot of questions so now and then.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 1 processing...   Season 30 Week 1 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Aug - 10:57

I'm glad it helped! 

In order to just a player your best to use all 3, however in the Rulebook it states what each position main Skills are such as Fullback is QU and TA. However you would like SP, CG and maybe DR if you want the maurading fullback type. 

However, some players just sign players they like, such as real life clubs they support. Others sign high TS players, and some go for youth. 

I don't think you can see other leagues, unless you have a feeder club in that league. 
The Transfer List each week will detail any player a manager as put on there and you are free to BID for that player, with the manager offering the largest Sign on bonus securing the player. 
You can use the Special Action to SCOUT a entire team  or if you have Scouts use a Dealing to scout a individual player. If managed by a forum manage private messages are the usual method to communicate deals.
English clubs can only sign players who have played in England/Scotland/Wales/Ireland and can Trial players rumoured to be coming. It makes it more challenging and adds a real life element to transfer windows! 

I think it goes, Awful - Poor - Average - Good - Superb - Sublime - Supereme

Last edited by Phil@Watford on Sun 11 Aug - 11:05; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 1 processing...   Season 30 Week 1 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Aug - 10:59

pierre@fulham wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
pierre@fulham wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Email turns all sent out.

I've enclosed a copy of the latest rulebook so everybody is uptodate and I'll continue to do that on week one of each new season.

Also everything received. For a newbie it's overwhelming information. Expecially the print out of turn 1. Lots of numbers and many things which you choose from.

Yeah the first turn is always huge because of all the lists you get as well as your turn bits, might try to redesign that so its not quite so daunting in future, thanks for the feedback.
 The "problem" of this game is the difference between experienced players and new players. This is a very large game with a lot of choices you could make as a manager. I can even choose where a would place a free kick with the free kick codes. 
I will give it a change and have to ask a lot of questions so now and then.
It's what makes hemsoft a great community, I got relegated in my first season, then promoted, then won the Champions League then took a break and Returned to manage Fulham before joining Watford. And I still learn things every season, and plenty of emails, PM's and Phonecalls to Paul!

I personally just 'leave it to the player' to decide.. if they have high FK skill.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 1 processing...   Season 30 Week 1 processing... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Aug - 12:31

pierre@fulham wrote:
Phil@Watford wrote:

Hope that helps!
Thanks for your answer. That helps. 
To judge players do you use the CR or basic/support skills or the extra attributes, or do you use all 3 off them?

I've noticed that this is a very large game with many competitions. But I only could see the Englisch leagues in the print out. Is it possible to see other countries/players etc? And if some want to sell a player on the forum form another country, could I also buy that player?

In the match report I've seen match ratings I think like: average, sublime etc. Is there an overview of these ratings?

Hi Pierre, welcome to the game.  You are right there seems to be so much going on when you first start, but if you give it time and don't expect instant results then you will end up loving it, I'm sure.

As a manager of an English side, you are only allowed to buy players that have played in England or Scotland in real life (PIE).  English leagues are the only ones to have such a restriction, any other countries are free to sign whomever they like.

With regards seeing the other leagues, you can request them on your turn sheet. However most of us have teams in the other leagues and I'm sure would be happy to share what we have with you, assuming Paul doesn't mind.

I have teams in the French and Brazilian leagues too, if you want to see them.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down

Season 30 Week 1 processing...
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7