AuthorMessage
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Pre-Season Press Conference  Empty
PostSubject: Pre-Season Press Conference    Pre-Season Press Conference  Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul - 15:18

Q1. What is a 'good season' for your clubs?

Watford - Well after a sensational season... Going to be extremely hard to match last season, but that's the aim of the game. With a rejuvenated squad. Will be looking to continue in the rich form of late and try to go for another treble! First up though, Super Cup and Charity Shield.
Genk - Having won Back-to-Back league titles the fans will expect to Win the reformed Belgium League in order to appease them, in Europe.. Will i ever get past Nantes? Main aim is to win European Glory! and hopefully pick up a domestic cup along the way.
Botafogo - Absolute scenes after last season with treble being secured on the final day of the season! Manager has enforced the squad and look to go again with the League and Copa the main objective with some players now ready to step up and rotate more in the cup fixtures to help manage fatigue. 

Lille - Not get relegated? Squad of 20 players with 5 on loan... A little bit of work to do, let's see what i can do.

Q2. What is your 'acid test' Fixture?
Watford - Charlton, City, Villa
Genk - Nantes, Nantes, Nantes
Botafogo - Flum, Santos, Flamengo. 
Lille - Anyone and everyone...

Q3. Most important player for the coming season?
Watford - With Bale being dropped to a bench Role, KDB will look to take up the mantle to carry the team. With Kane looking to become Watfords all time Top Scorer.  
Genk - Neymar, seems to have found himself a place where he can enjoy his football. But will have to keep producing the goods. Interested to see how Eriksen does in Belgium also.
Botafogo - Hulk... Absolute goal machine, however now has the like of Mahrez, Dani Alves and Casemiro to keep him company and hopefully help keep the team pushing for trophies.
Lille - Nubel... Going to need to save a lot of shots....

Q4. Do you anticipate any tactical changes?
Botafogo swapped from CAT to SAM to allow Gabriel Veron a place in the team. However, if results don't start well might go back to CAT quicker then a counter attack goal!

Lille - Currently playing FAS, will need to do some serious recruitment to get more versatile players in.

Q5. Which of your summer signings do you need to settle the quickest?
Watford - Aaron Wan-Bissaka, signed late in the transfer window. Will need to get adjusted quickly.
Genk - Joao Cancelo
Botafogo - Hopefully Mahrez and Casemiro will have settled into there surrounding nicely and will be raring to go.

Q6. Which piece of summer business are you happiest with?
A lot of summer business went on, but happiest to probably get some more English players in at Watford and finally get the missing piece TM at Genk and Botafogo

Q7. Which player do you feel you most missed out on, that another manager signed during the season break?
There has been a lot of dealing gone on in the off season, and some players would have liked to add to my squads. But the main purpose was to reduce the squad size so i can't complain!

Q8. Which of your players will be in your starting 11 for week 1, but you hope he doesn't feature in week 22.
Watford - Jorginho? Hopefully Rice will be able to surpass the Italian Maestro.
Genk - Potentially a improvement of Christensen
Botafogo - Dani Alves is closing in on the twilight of his career with Yan Couto development key to Transfer strategy when Alves decides to leave Botafogo
Lille - If i have a single player from this squad in my starting 11 at week 22... Well i've failed ha Nubel can stay.

Q9. Given a magic wand, which of your rivals (in your division) players would you like to see in your clubs colours? 
Watford - Trent Alexander-Arnold
Genk - Mattias De Ligt
Botafogo - Allison
Lille - Mbappe

Q10. Which position in your chosen formation do you see as currently the weakest link?
Watford - CB?
Genk - CB?
Botafogo- CB?

Lille - RBCBLBAMDYRHLHTMCF

Q11. Which do you see as the strongest?
Watford - LH/RH - Sterling/KDB/Bale
Genk - LH/RH - Griezmann/Neymar/Bailey
Botafogo - AM. - Casemiro/Bobsin/Fernandes

Lille -  GK - Nubel

Q12. Who will finish as leading scorer in your division?
Watford - Kane, Salah, Lukaku
Genk - Lewandowski
Botafogo - Hulk
Lille - Ganso

Q13. Are you planning on entering European competition?
Watford  - Champions League
Genk - Europa  
Botafogo - Copa Liba
Lille - Euopean Cup

Q14. Which youngster in your academy do you have highest hopes for?
Watford - Hudson Odoi/Jamal Musiala
Genk - Eduardo Camavinga/Gravenberch
Botafogo - Couto/Veron

Lille - Don't have an academy.. yet

Q15. If you were a bookie, what odds would you give your own team and your rivals in your division, to win the league?
Watford - 1/2
Genk - 1/2 
Botafogo - 2/1

Lille - 5000/1 - Leicester did it...

Q16. Surprise package of the season? Manager or team, feeder or parent.
National, Won league in Robs first season in Charge not bad going!

Q17. Who do you think will not live up to expectations?
Watford? Can't win 5 trophies every season so anything less...

Q18. Champions League winner, three most likely?
Schalke/Charlton/Watford

Q19. Europa League winner, three most likely?
Nantes/Genk

Q20. Domestic Cup winner, three most likely?
Chalton/Watford/City
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Press Conference    Pre-Season Press Conference  Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul - 14:32

A good read Phil , I will do mine later , I look forward to my fans reaction when they see it is £70 for the new shirt and imagine it will be much like mine when I saw the price  Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Press Conference    Pre-Season Press Conference  Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul - 14:50

gary@chelsea wrote:
A good read Phil , I will do mine later , I look forward to my fans reaction when they see it is £70 for the new shirt and imagine it will be much like mine when I saw the price  Shocked Shocked
£70?! I only charge £39 for mine..... might have to milk them supporters harder! Ha
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Press Conference    Pre-Season Press Conference  Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul - 14:51

Phil@Watford wrote:
gary@chelsea wrote:
£70?! I only charge £39 for mine..... might have to milk them supporters harder! Ha
Same here but I am sure it says to charge relevant to real life lol
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Press Conference    Pre-Season Press Conference  Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul - 14:55

gary@chelsea wrote:
Phil@Watford wrote:
gary@chelsea wrote:
Same here but I am sure it says to charge relevant to real life lol
It's the Chelsea supporter tax.  Steer clear Phil.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Press Conference    Pre-Season Press Conference  Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul - 15:06

I hope you didn't  Bulk order at the beginning of the season, might have to flog them as tea towels come EOS. 

Watford - ordered 72600 shirts, charge £39. However, only made 2,754,000 so that's 70615 shirts sold. 

With a fan base of 687,000
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Press Conference    Pre-Season Press Conference  Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul - 12:12

Q1. What is a 'good season' for your clubs?
Leverkusen - Aim is Promotion, Based on the other clubs in the league. I probably am favourites.

Q2. What is your 'acid test' Fixture?
Wolfsburg or Hannover ?

Q3. Most important player for the coming season?
Looking to revamp the entire first 11 before end of the season.... So can't single out a player, however LH/RH/CF will be important for the team.

Q4. Do you anticipate any tactical changes?
Yes, Currently playing FAS, but with the right recruitment will change in the coming weeks.

Q5. Which of your summer signings do you need to settle the quickest?
Leverkusen are brining in Camavinga, Dendonker and Oshimen... So all 3 need to settle ASAP,

Q6. Which piece of summer business are you happiest with?
My hesitation means there was no summer, so catch up it is.

Q7. Which player do you feel you most missed out on, that another manager signed during the season break?
N/a

Q8. Which of your players will be in your starting 11 for week 1, but you hope he doesn't feature in week 22
Can only pick One? Has to be Karius...... 

Q9. Given a magic wand, which of your rivals (in your division) players would you like to see in your clubs colours? 
Kai Harvertz - If possible Leverkusen will try to keep a German theme... Depends on market.

Q10. Which position in your chosen formation do you see as currently the weakest link?
GKLBRBLHRHTM

Q11. Which do you see as the strongest?

With the aqusition of Dendonker probs AM

Q12. Who will finish as leading scorer in your division?
Hope Oshimen......

Q13. Are you planning on entering European competition?

Leverkusen - Euopean Cup

Q14. Which youngster in your academy do you have highest hopes for?

Leverkusen - Don't have an academy.. yet

Q15. If you were a bookie, what odds would you give your own team and your rivals in your division, to win the league?
Leverkusen - 2/1

Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Press Conference
Page 1 of 1