6 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Thoughts ? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts ?   Thoughts ? Icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct - 9:45

Is it just me or have some of the scorelines this season been a big surprise ?

I couldnt believe City lost 5-2 at home to Leicester and conceded three pens and then Leicester went and lost 3-0 at home to Westham, very strange. Man United stomped 6-1 at home, Villa beating Liverpool 7-2, what the "have a nice day" is going on ? or is it all down to the pandemic ?

thoughts anyone ?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Thoughts ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts ?   Thoughts ? Icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct - 9:48

Each week I recreate the weeks' Premiership games in CF and run the matches and then compare the results to what happens in reallife, and normally the system gets about 85% of the results correct and I know things are working well, this season so far the system has recreated just 25% of the actual results...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Thoughts ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts ?   Thoughts ? Icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct - 10:47

I think that the fact there has been no real pre-season, some teams are still signing players, some didn't stop playing until the latter stages of the European tournaments. The start of this season was always going to be strange because of the Covid impact .... and it really is.
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

Thoughts ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts ?   Thoughts ? Icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct - 12:58

Yes, definitely lack of pre-season is a contributor. I reckon results will start to get more normalised again in a month or so - of course, by then 'confidence' will probably be all over the place.

Lack of a crowd also means that there's less pressure on fragile teams...

85% success rate is pretty good Paul! Do you put the correct players in the RL teams?
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Thoughts ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts ?   Thoughts ? Icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct - 12:59

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
I think that the fact there has been no real pre-season, some teams are still signing players, some didn't stop playing until the latter stages of the European tournaments. The start of this season was always going to be strange because of the Covid impact .... and it really is.
I agree that certain teams will have had a better preseason, and a early international break wouldn't have helped the situation. This is our second international break and some teams only played 3 games.... Some players will have played more international games then Club games...

I feel the intensity of certain players will have dropped due to absent fans, but on the flip side some of these players are looking average at best, and they are some of the best players in the league and with or without fans, players should be turning up!

Overall though, very entertaining  lol!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Thoughts ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts ?   Thoughts ? Icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct - 13:40

Andy@Schalke wrote:
Yes, definitely lack of pre-season is a contributor. I reckon results will start to get more normalised again in a month or so - of course, by then 'confidence' will probably be all over the place.

Lack of a crowd also means that there's less pressure on fragile teams...

85% success rate is pretty good Paul! Do you put the correct players in the RL teams?

Think the crowd factor Andy raised is correct. With the lack of 50000 people getting on your back it means the more fragile teams get a benefit of less pressure. 

Clearly the exception to prove the rule are Forest because we're so disorganised that pressure or not we still get turned over by everyone we play. If the fans were in Lamouchi would be gone and several of the players would have taken early retirement. I'm looking at you Tobias Figueriedo and Lewis Grabban.
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
International Star - 97/97
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Thoughts ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts ?   Thoughts ? Icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct - 19:05

Totally agree about the crowds , players have no pressure and there is no atmosphere to gage sense of feeling in the crowd.

If the Bridge was full we would not have beaten Palace 4-0 on Saturday as the groans at half time would have set the tone. gutted not to be able see 3,000 scousers and 70,000 Mancs having breakdowns live on tv though  Sad
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Thoughts ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts ?   Thoughts ? Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct - 13:32

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Each week I recreate the weeks' Premiership games in CF and run the matches and then compare the results to what happens in reallife, and normally the system gets about 85% of the results correct and I know things are working well, this season so far the system has recreated just 25% of the actual results...
What formation do you use for Liverpool?
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Thoughts ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts ?   Thoughts ? Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct - 13:35

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
VAR
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Thoughts ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts ?   Thoughts ? Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct - 13:44

gary@chelsea wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
VAR
Rolling Eyes

Do you make sure United get a penalty every game too? lol!
Back to top Go down

Thoughts ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Football Chat-
Jump to: