Paul Hemmings
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 8:51

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
For all who missed it the hi-light got of last night’s zoom call was the ‘Bamford v Abraham who’s better’ debate. Although I think the correct answer was Danny Ings or maybe Callum Wilson.

Gents - same again in 2 weeks?
So harsh  lol! - was just quoting the PL Scoring Charts...

1 Mohamed Salah
Liverpool 17
2 Bruno Fernandes
Manchester United 15
3 Harry Kane
Tottenham Hotspur 14
4 Son Heung-Min
Tottenham Hotspur 13
4 Patrick Bamford
Leeds United 13
4 Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Everton 13
7 Jamie Vardy
Leicester City 12
8 Ilkay Gündogan
Manchester City 11
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 8:53

Yawn.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 8:54

lol!
Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Yawn.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 9:01

La Liga top scorers this season ...........

Messi - 19
Suarez - 16
Moreno - 14
En-Nesyri - 13
Benzema - 12
Isak - 12
Oyarzabal - 10
Jose Luis Morales of Levante - 10 ................ he's not very good but having a great season but he's in the top 10 half way through the season. It's not even the end of the season.

In your defence, Abraham, Ings, Wilson and Antonio not on the Prem list.
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 9:29

As i stated, no way is Bamford a 9999 , 9797 at best.....protests will ensue much like in America recently  lol!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 9:36

gary@chelsea wrote:
As i stated, no way is Bamford a 9999 , 9797 at best.....protests will ensue much like in America recently  lol!

Gaz, I’ll get Ben’s address for you.

Ben, can I get your address? Need it for a friend. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 9:41

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
gary@chelsea wrote:

lol!

I have faith in him and Suarez to lead things at Plymouth next season - 29 real life goals this season combined already...
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 9:42

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:
gary@chelsea wrote:

lol!

I have faith in him and Suarez to lead things at Plymouth next season - 29 real life goals this season combined already...
Is that nose getting browner?
Back to top Go down
Dave@Villa
International 94/94
International 94/94
Dave@Villa

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 9:48

gary@chelsea wrote:
I'm going to join this conversation rather late, but I have two things that i want to say.
1. What about Ollie Watkins?
2. I think that there are way too many "World Class" (99 99) players in the game (Ooo controversial).
To be world class I believe a player should (in real life) be playing the majority of the games of his top five league team and be the first name on his country's team sheet (injuries and suspensions permitting) Discuss!  Question Idea Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 10:13

Dave has thrown the cat among the ...... normally pigeons but I'm going with clowns in our case.

Point 2 - this was the crux of our discussion. Can a regular for Sheffield United be compared to a regular for Man City? 

Top 5 team in a top league I agree with but I give you the case of France who have about 300 great CBs. Laporte is world class in my opinion BUT has no French caps and he'll be 27 in May so there needs to be some leeway. You get outliers from random countries as well, mostly African and smaller countries where you get a brilliant individuals from a rubbish national team - Weah and Liberia, Aubameyang - Gabon, Gareth McAuley and Northern Ireland ................

First one to call me out on Super G wins. Although his goal against Ukraine in the 2016 Euros was my happiest moment ever at a football match.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 10:29

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Dave has thrown the cat among the ...... normally pigeons but I'm going with clowns in our case.

Point 2 - this was the crux of our discussion. Can a regular for Sheffield United be compared to a regular for Man City? 

Top 5 team in a top league I agree with but I give you the case of France who have about 300 great CBs. Laporte is world class in my opinion BUT has no French caps and he'll be 27 in May so there needs to be some leeway. You get outliers from random countries as well, mostly African and smaller countries where you get a brilliant individuals from a rubbish national team - Weah and Liberia, Aubameyang - Gabon, Gareth McAuley and Northern Ireland ................

First one to call me out on Super G wins. Although his goal against Ukraine in the 2016 Euros was my happiest moment ever at a football match.
I think that a players Rating (9999) doesn't necessarily give a indication if the player is better I feel TS is a truer reflection of ability? 
However, there is many reasons why a player might be rated differently... Back to France again, Benzema hasn't played in nearly 6 years (Black mailing your team mates with a Sex video probably isn't best way to build team morale!) But Giroud has over 100 Caps, does that make Giroud better then Benzema who has won ample of trophies with Real Madrid and led the line for a decade? 

Also, if you look at the premier league table so far this season, it would indicate that West Ham have some of the best players in the league...  ( Sorry Any Hammers Fans haha geek
Also Leeds are 11th.... sorry Ben    lol!

I believe Current PTCR system is working really well I for one have players with high PT (Veron, Hudson Odoi) who can't fully access all skills but can show glimpses in matches... so I have to be careful not to overload the team with youngsters otherwise will lose consistency.. players are very complex, love, nature, cuddles, perks, new Aston Martins!

Last edited by Phil@Watford on Thu 4 Mar - 10:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 10:31

Dave@Villa wrote:
gary@chelsea wrote:
I'm going to join this conversation rather late, but I have two things that i want to say.
2. I think that there are way too many "World Class" (99 99) players in the game (Ooo controversial).
To be world class I believe a player should (in real life) be playing the majority of the games of his top five league team and be the first name on his country's team sheet (injuries and suspensions permitting) Discuss!  Question Idea Evil or Very Mad
For me, I think the issue with International teams is that there are only limited number of positions available and also relies on a player being suited for particular systems.

So a great example would be France where there are a huge amount of great CBs but only 2 positions - some of those would walk into other International sides...
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 10:32

Rob@Barcelona wrote:

Woah, what you bringing my players into it for?

affraid
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 10:34

Phil@Watford wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:

I think that a players Rating (9999) doesn't necessarily give a indication if the player is better I feel TS is a truer reflection of ability? 
However, there is many reasons why a player might be rated differently... Back to France again, Benzema hasn't played in nearly 6 years (Black mailing your team mates with a Sex video probably isn't best way to build team morale!) But Giroud has over 100 Caps, does that make Giroud better then Benzema who has won ample of trophies with Real Madrid and led the line for a decade? 

Also, if you look at the premier league table so far this season, it would indicate that West Ham have some of the best players in the league...  ( Sorry Any Hammers Fans haha geek
lol! - top 5 shouldn't make a difference, look at Arsenal and Liverpool this season...
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 10:35

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:

Woah, what you bringing my players into it for?

affraid
Was just gonna mention Auba's season... lol!
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 10:36

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Phil@Watford wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:

lol! - top 5 shouldn't make a difference, look at Arsenal and Liverpool this season...
True this season should be a Bye and not included in stats...... haha  lol!
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 10:41

Rob started this.... Northern Ireland just caused brexit issues so are irrelevant anyway lol
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 10:42

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Dave@Villa wrote:
gary@chelsea wrote:
For me, I think the issue with International teams is that there are only limited number of positions available and also relies on a player being suited for particular systems.

So a great example would be France where there are a huge amount of great CBs but only 2 positions - some of those would walk into other International sides...
I agree with this, hence the Ghost Caps are a great way to help boost a player who is often overlooked on the international stage
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 10:44

gary@chelsea wrote:
Rob started this.... Northern Ireland just caused brexit issues so are irrelevant anyway lol
'25M GWARD throwing shapes around like nobodies business  king
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 10:46

Phil@Watford wrote:
gary@chelsea wrote:
'25M GWARD throwing shapes around like nobodies business  king
Thought it was 40M GWARD now...
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 10:49

Impossible task to be honest, everyone's opinions are different, there are plenty of players we will never agree on.  Paul does his best to please everyone and his opinion is final, like it or not.

Like Phil says, the PTCR isn't the only thing that makes a good player in this game, far from it.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 11:28

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Impossible task to be honest, everyone's opinions are different, there are plenty of players we will never agree on.  Paul does his best to please everyone and his opinion is final, like it or not.

Like Phil says, the PTCR isn't the only thing that makes a good player in this game, far from it.
All healthy debate and discussion tbh - all good from my point of view!
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 11:32

I’m not arsed really(apart from Bamford) all fun and games
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 12:18

gary@chelsea wrote:
Harsh.
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 12:19

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
gary@chelsea wrote:
Harsh.
The instigator returns to the scene of his crime  lol!
Back to top Go down
Dave@Villa
International 94/94
International 94/94
Dave@Villa

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 17 processing...   Season 31 Week 17 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 12:43

I definitely opened a can of worms there  Shocked
good to hear all your views.
Back to top Go down

Season 31 Week 17 processing...
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next