+3
Jamie@Watford
Tom
Rob@Barcelona
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Prize Money - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul - 15:58

Good post Martin, I agree with pretty much everything you say in it. However I don't see how increasing the prize pool money will help?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul - 16:10

well yeah, the theory goes that if you put more money in the game then people want more for their players and people are less willing to sell for cash than they ever were...

i still think if there's any change then give less prizes for the world cup, give more to the europe comps, take away some tv money from top flight and spread it down the lower leagues. that would help as atleast the lower clubs could have a little more to play with. the big clubs would still have enough and actually by the top flight having slightly less tv money then cash might mean something again to those it means little to. its the only way really. that and preventing all swap deals ever happening in the game. which is probably impossible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul - 13:17

Reeto have researched this and all figures are last seasons.

Premier league clubs get £21 mill each at the start of the season, this includes tv money and sponsorship cash from the league. The winners get £16 million. Pompey got £800'000 for finishing bottom.

FA Cup winners get £1.8 million, runners up £900'000.

Europa league winners get £3 million, runners up £2 million, £1 million for taking part

Champions league get £5.4 million for taking part, extra £2.5 million for QF, extra £3 million for SF, winners get extra £7 million, runners up £4 million.

World cup nations (final 32) get $8 million for taking part. Winners get $30 million and runners up get $24 million.

I think these numbers would be about right if adopted in the game.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul - 15:32

i dont think real life figures mean anything in relation to the game...i mean....would wayne bridge play in league two in real life? and most of charlton's team. and none of my players would accept playing in Serie B. and would a league two side reach the europa league final? probably never. so the important thing is to seperate game from reality i think cos its two different kettles of fish. there's enough money already in the game, it just needs to be spread out. i think paul already has the right level of prize money to ensure its challenging and rewarding where it needs to be. all i would like happen is what i suggested earlier in the thread really. the prize monies in the game are fine, they just need distrubuting a bit better, i think doing your suggestion rich would just pump too much easy cash in to be honest. plus the world cup is every four years in real life, but every year in the game, so that should be divided by four anyway.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul - 15:49

And if the game was realistic I wouldn't have won a trophy this season!! Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul - 15:54

Well surely the real life figures aren't that dissimilar to the game anyway?! If we adopted the real life world cup figures divided by 4 as stu said then when converted to pounds from dollars the winner would get 5 mill, runner up 3.5 mill and 1.5 for taking part. The champ league figures would need some sorting tho!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul - 16:07

Stuart@Roma wrote:
i am submitting something about this with my turn. the world cup winner gets 20 million and my belief is the champions league is equally as prestigious so the winner of that should get 20m too, and the runner-up say 10m. winner of europa i was going to suggest gets 10m and runner-up 5. premier league winner 15m? championship 5m, league one 3m, league two 1m. fa cup winner 5m? runner up 2m?

i think that would be about right and you are right will the way its divided up is a bit out...i think those amounts i've suggested are more realistic.

If we go with real life figures then less money would be in game!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul - 17:50

Dan@Plymouth wrote:
Good post Martin, I agree with pretty much everything you say in it. However I don't see how increasing the prize pool money will help?

It may not help larger clubs at all other than raising the level of greed involved in the transfer of major players, however for a small but successful club an increas in prize money would assist in simply cash buying a decent player from an unmanaged team thereby both bettering and enlarging the squad.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul - 18:55

Rich@Birmingham wrote:

If we go with real life figures then less money would be in game!

i'm not so sure about that since the CL winner gets 5m at present, europa 1m, PL winner gets 15m and everyone else much less, tv money is like 25m in the PL. fa cup is only 1m?

what i would do is (something like) >

world cup > 2m for taking part (1/4 of real life amount) > 3m semi > 4m finalist > 6m winner
cL - > 1m group stage > 2m qf > 4m semi > 6m finalist > 8m winner
europa > 500k group > 1m qf > 2m semi > 3m finalist > 4m winner

make the world cup prize pool a bit less and spread it to the european comps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 15:50

So what prize money did everyone get then?

I got £5.33m. Do you get prize money from youth leagues too? I won League Two youths and wondered if my prize had been boosted by this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 16:06

i got £3.5m. Interesting question about the Youths, I came second in Youth Championship (with 5 players)

which is interesting that the prize money is handed out now for a club in the play offs...anyone think I may get additional sums if I win them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 16:54

I got 12m for coming 5th in the league. I also won the reserve league and came third with my youth team.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 17:15

i got 7.5mil for coming second in the championship but i got 1mil last turn prize money for the cup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 18:11

I got £8 million for winning the championship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 18:28

£14M for third in the Eircom & £1M for the cup. Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_biggrin Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_cheers Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 18:32

i'm getting a feeder club in the eirom!!

i got the same as richie rich
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 18:35

Shelbourne awaits you Stuart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 18:43

Got 13 million for fourth with Chelsea and 11 million for 6th with Cremonese
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 19:54

Martin@Bohemians wrote:

I had the following applications on my feedback from clubs wanting to be my new feeder club:

1) AFC Bournemouth
2) River Plate
3) Shamrock Rovers
4) Portsmouth FC
5) Hamburger SV
6) Sunderland AFC
7) Villarreal
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 20:07

pompey pompey pompey!! bounce

I really need a friend in league 1 next year!!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 20:09

are they better than sunderland tom? also...its worth considering ground size here too....stadium of shite = 50,000. fratton park = 19,895.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 20:12

Probably not, but squad is marginally better.
What about getting Bournemouth straight into league 1?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 20:17

who have pompey got in their squad? can you give me a list of names?

well....bournemouth would be a huge challenge. i doubt its possible to get them straight out of league two without a few back handers. id probably settle for pompey i guess, though i do still feel intrigued of the possibility of climbing the ladder from the bottom to the championship
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 20:22

15m for second in the Premiership and winning the reserve and youth leagues. Given Gaz's 13m for 4th and 11m for 6th I'm guessing it's 1m per place + maybe 4m? extra for 1st? (1+4). And sweet FA for the reserves and youths? Haven't looked at my turn properly yet though so maybe I've missed something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 21:07

Stuart@Roma wrote:
Martin@Bohemians wrote:

I had the following applications on my feedback from clubs wanting to be my new feeder club:

1) AFC Bournemouth
2) River Plate
3) Shamrock Rovers
4) Portsmouth FC
5) Hamburger SV
6) Sunderland AFC
7) Villarreal

I thought that Colin had requested Shamrock Rovers as his feeder club.

TBH Stuart if you are that popular and have the invite to take on River Plate you should get into Argentina and put an end to Rob's lonliness. Big crowds too as the Belgrano Stadium holds 65,645 and you will get a couple of Buenos Aires capital city derbies every year.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 21:21

if this game was like a game of "risk" then south america is pretty much cornered by rob's armies!!!
Back to top Go down

Prize Money
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next