Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 21 Results - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jul - 17:49

i only just read the first couple of pages properly. rob....i owe you....next season perhaps Razz (i wish)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jul - 21:21

Pretty plaesed with this turn, Aquilani and King coming in although im sort up front now, Chelsea won 3-2 which was good, Cremonese handed Lazio a point although i rested a few players on low stamina but didnt lose so all good, Fabio Borini came in at Cremonese and will prob be on his way to England soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jul - 21:58

Thanks Stu, Rich. Was just trying to encourage a bit more of a mention of the big transfers each week.

Klose to Bayern for Baptista looks a pretty big swap as well.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jul - 23:16

someone in england will be after baptista i wonder? or maybe phil or lee as its an ex-arsehole player Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul - 15:39

Lazio were gifted a point by Cremonese. That must be Lazio's 3rd point of the season, possibly the lowest points tally ever by any club.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul - 18:34

cremonese are the only team in italy to fail to beat lazio this season. well done, gaz Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_cherry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul - 16:54

stu, i had baptista ages ago, let him go for anelka, which got me luis fabiano, so i thank baptista for all that, but not for any of the early results he got me, phil is welcome to him Smile
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul - 17:12

oh thanks, i get hand me downs now? yay! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul - 17:20

my teams built on hand me downs, its not a bad thing sometimes Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul - 18:03

i think baptista is near on untouchable,

99 99, at a reality managed club, that will be incredibly tricky to prize away.
Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Regular International - 95/95
Regular International - 95/95
Matt@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul - 23:47

a bit late in the day but i'm delighted to have won my first copa del rey which has set up the chance for the double going into the final match. Even better i stuffed Real 4-0 in the youth cup final!!! Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 10:09

No turn received at the parents house Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 10:14

as expected. enjoy the boring wet weekend everyone Week 21 Results - Page 3 Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 10:21

nothing for me and Tommy, Mad

didint we have a big comprimise with Paul about this, we all restrict ourselves to 10 dealings, get our turns back to him by the deadline etc etc , in exchange we get the turns back friday or saturday, obvioously theyll be exceptions but the monday return is starting to become the norm again.

now were not even getting the results , whats going off?

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 10:33

i dont remember a compromise, i just remember some people starting to do 15-20 deals a turn when i went away last year. the only conversation paul has had with me about turns is to tell me many people still dont get their turns to him until tuesday or even wednesday. assuming nobody is posting later than a friday like we all agreed on to speed things up our end and nobody is doing 15-20 deals a turn then only paul can answer why the game is running so late. he does do other work outside of the game though so it could just be that, or it could be due to doing so many reviews on players in the game. mine is not to reason why though, and mine is not to make excuses for people.

would just be nice to have some consistency and communication all the same. still, we've had to get used to these two things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 11:05

Not getting turns back to him until Tuesday/Wednesday is a joke. And more importantly, the deadline is Monday...so if the turns aren't back, then hard chedder. I post mind on a Thursday now to make sure. This means I get 2 days with the turn before I have to post it back

ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 11:37

right, just been on the phone to paul. he said he is going to email me the results thru in a bit. fingers crossed. i asked him how turns are progressing and he said he sent them out yesterday. he would normally like to have them sent out on a thursday, which guarantees we get them for saturday since all post going in and out of cornwall seems to take an extra day to reach its destination, whether thats paul not paying enough postage or not isnt for me to argue.

anyway, that said, since paul has already stated he gets some turns tuesday and as late as wednesday, lets not lay all the blame at his door. obviously a first class stamp doesnt mean what it used to any more, not in rural areas anyway, so it has to be re-stressed to everyone the importance of your turn reaching paul on the monday. this means not posting on a saturday but by friday to get there for monday, since it seems to be consistently taking two days for first class mail in and out of cornwall.

in my view paul should just not process any turn that reaches him after monday as it causes a hinderance to everybody else who would like their turn on a Saturday. Paul's schedule is inputting tuesday and running on wednesday and then packing and posting thursday. its not really an excuse for any of us to say its not our fault if royal mail is so slow cos its quite simple to avoid if everyone is aware of the problem and that all everybody has to do is have their turn out by friday. the bottom line is if we do this then paul's schedule isn't interrupted by late arrivals, then he gets turns posted out thursday afternoon and everyone has there turn by Saturday and nobody is grumpy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 11:44

Tuesday / Wednesday ?!?

seriously poeple fingers out of holes and all that jees.

Agree if turns arnt there by the set dealine, tough shit

its a vicious circle at the minute, paul gets turns back late so he sends them out late,

its us who can put it right then
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 11:49

Reckon we'll have the turns on Monday.

I totally agree if a turn is later than Monday then it's bad luck. If we can all agree (or most of us) then we should ask Paul to run things that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 11:50

Stuart@Roma wrote:
i dont remember a compromise, i just remember some people starting to do 15-20 deals a turn when i went away last year..

and now we all do 10 dealings to in theory allow paul to get the turns back quicker = comprimise. Wink

there was a big thread and discussion about it, where we all very tediously disclaimed how many dealings we were actually doing per turn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 12:08

compromise is the wrong word Will. What actually happened if you remember was... you told all the newbies me, Tom, Dan, Jamie, Matt plus your good self that your understanding of the dealings slot was this..

"Paul guarantees to get 10 done. He'll try and get through any other subsequent dealings you put on the sheet, but cant guarantee it".

Which basically led to most of the above doing 15-20 dealings per turn for quite a few weeks, until turns were getting later and later.

We then had the discussion and were basically informed by the old guard on here, that everyone just did 10 dealings. Which were the rules.

This isnt a compromise. It's the newbies listening too much to the Cottager, before actually learning what the rules are and then sticking to them.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 12:17

Will@Fulham wrote:

and now we all do 10 dealings to in theory allow paul to get the turns back quicker = comprimise. Wink

there was a big thread and discussion about it, where we all very tediously disclaimed how many dealings we were actually doing per turn.

i see. though for this compromise to happen you need turns to arrive on time first. its not really paul's fault if he's getting a surprise on his door mat on a wednesday morning where he should be running the game but instead is inputting again. if turns arrive on time then everyone gets their turn back at the weekend and we don't have to have this discussion all over again.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 12:18

by the way...no results yet Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_elephant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 17:27

I don't know everyone's circumstances and how much time they have to fill in and send their turn back to Paul but I'd hope that everyone can stick it in the post by Friday.

I'd agree with others who say that if your turn isnt with Paul by monday morning then you miss out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 17:51

What is Paul's idea of 'in a bit?'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Results   Week 21 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 17:57

Rich@Leicester wrote:
compromise is the wrong word Will. What actually happened if you remember was... you told all the newbies me, Tom, Dan, Jamie, Matt plus your good self that your understanding of the dealings slot was this..

"Paul guarantees to get 10 done. He'll try and get through any other subsequent dealings you put on the sheet, but cant guarantee it".

Which basically led to most of the above doing 15-20 dealings per turn for quite a few weeks, until turns were getting later and later.

We then had the discussion and were basically informed by the old guard on here, that everyone just did 10 dealings. Which were the rules.

This isnt a compromise. It's the newbies listening too much to the Cottager, before actually learning what the rules are and then sticking to them.

i just relayed what he told me, from the horses mouth.

i think we also tried to have a system for a week or two where we could do extra but they cost an extra 50p.

When this didnt work and the turns started appearing on a monday again i phoned him up and said 'If we just keep it to just a straight 10 dealings,no extra dealings,no questions can we get it back to a friday/saturday return.

To which Paul replied: 'THAT SOUNDS LIKE A FAIR COMPRIMISE'

which bit dont you get?

jees your hard work sometimes
Back to top Go down

Week 21 Results
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next