Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec - 20:12

great result for the Villa,

really nice to see a team that has been put together on a 'comparetively' small budget to some of the teams around them doing well.

Excellent manager O'neill, really knows how to get the best out of his players

Especially Warnock and Cuellar Wink

keep it up martin, ive invested a lot of faith in you lol

makes a refreshing change to see a different name in the top 3, albeit brief.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec - 21:16

United looked short today. After Giggs went off, there was only Rooney who actually looked like creating something, when he wasn't falling over that is.

Villa did defend well, but how many other times has the opposition keeper at Old Trafford had only to make one save?

Berbatov sitter again. Different player to his good year at spurs.

Villa's squad is still too thin I think too, a few injuries and they might struggle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec - 21:57

agree,

sadly i think thats where theyll fall short, in terms of first 11 theyre about there ish but as is always the case unless uve got buckets of cash clubs like villa can only dream of having the depth of squad the likes of chelsea .

come xmas and the new year when a few injuries start to bite then they will probably fall short, i think a lot revolves around gabby as hes such an outlet with his pace

united may have been off colour but i think to restrict them a handful of noteable efforts on target at old trafford is testement to Villas defending as a team..........

... and even more so to super spanish hair cut carlos afro

79 ts .......do me a favour

Last edited by Will@Fulham on Sat 12 Dec - 21:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec - 21:58

wide open title race if arsenal win at liverpool tomorrow i think
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec - 22:00

its great for us neutrals!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 0:17

and for us Chelsea fans!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 0:20

not if arsenal win tomorrow colin lol. they still have another game in hand don't they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 0:26

Was thinking more about Villas win Stu! Tomorrow (today?) is another day!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 0:28

well....just think....if your defence wasn't so shambolic you might be 5 clear instead of 3 Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 9:54

perfect weekend will be complete when we destroy liverpool today, man city fuckin it up again (always good to see) spurs being spurs, (big four team till bout end of november) chelsea unable to win against a poor everton team, and united finally being found out, that they have been a 1 man team for the last 3 seasons... now hopefully arsenal can create the perfect birthday weekend for me by giving rafa another headache... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 19:41

As a Liverpool fan, just wondering where Lady Luck has gone? She has completley deserted us.

Saying that though, once Arsenal 'scored', our fragile confidence was shattered, and we didn't deserve anything for the second half showing. Great goal again by Arshavin, he seems to save his best for Anfield.

In Rafa we trust.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 20:00

After watching the first half i honestly thought Liverpool could of gone on to get 3 or 4,

not becuse they were playing particurly well, they were working very very hard, but Arsenals lack of a frontman was killing them, everytime they got forward they had one option at best in the box,

they had absolutely no focal point, as a result the likes of Fabrigas were seemingly very reluctant to get up there and try and support cos it just wasnt sticking.

2nd half like you said it was just all about confidence. Very unfortunate own goal, but after that liverpool froze.

Rafa needs to go out there and earn his crust in January,

i doubt hes going to get an open cheque book like some around him, so i think hes got to look at maybe offloading some of the deadwood,

the likes of Vorinin, Babel, have done it in other countries, and proberbly still carry some sort of financial weight abroad - theyce been at the club long enough to have a fair crack of the whip and by and large not been good enough

he needs to make a decision maybe loose one or two and call upon his contact list from Espana and pull one out of the ode magic hat.

this is when managers earn their stripes, hes done it before so theres nothing to say he wont do it again.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 20:03

Voronin, Dossena will go.

That was the main reason Dossena played against Fiorentina, nothing more than put him in the shop window for any italians watching. Hasn't been seen before, for a long time and probably won't be seen again barring injuries.

Voronin will go if anyone can be found to buy him?!

Babel won't go.

Not sure if anyone will come in, the players we need, we cannot afford.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 20:18

hes in a prediciment,

he'll have something lined up, some spanish starlet,

maybe its a season for the youth to really be given a chance and prepare them for next year.

its still pre xmas, and as we've all seen its an open league this year could all change i a fortnights time.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 20:34

Still stand by my statement, would be very surprised if any notable amount of money is spent in January.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 21:05

wouldnt take much to get Andrea Orlandi off Swansea Laughing
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 22:02

you talking about dossena playing so peple can see him.. but that means hes tied in europe... so why wud any1 get him in january??
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 22:20

I wouldn't worry about that Phil, none of the 16 Champions League teams will be interested.

He can still play in the Europa cup though, not that any of them will be interested either.

He played him particularly against Fiorentina, so other Italians would be watching and hopefully show an interest, mostly Napoli.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 23:02

Will@Fulham wrote:

he'll have something lined up, some spanish starlet,

Had to read that several times, and you really did say Starlet and not Toilet.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 23:38

what to say. shame that glen johnson's defensive qualities are not as good as his hair style. still we all know this already
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!   Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec - 0:37

i think rafa needs to take a good luck at his squad, and really, think, is this the work of a manager thats been at a club for 5-6 years and had the spending power he's had, is this the sqaud he was dreaming about when he 1st took over, if the answer is no, then,whats he been playing at, he's been given time to get his squad together, if the answer is yes, then liverpool fans really need to worry, because there, theyve not even got a team, if you take the 5 best players out of arsenal chelsea man u and liverpool, then put out there strongest teams, where do you think they could finish in the league... man u chelsea would certainly be top four teams still, as would arsenal... probably, liverpool, midtableish, that, if i was a liverpool fan, would definatley worry me... and you cant even say the better team lost today, because, in the 2nd half, how many saves did almunia have to make, zero, from a team like liverpool, at home, that really would worry me as a liverpool fan, but, i hope they do turn it around and make the top four come may, but i wouldnt hold my breath
Back to top Go down

Come on the Villa!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Football Chat-
Jump to: