Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

A word about PT and CR Empty
PostSubject: A word about PT and CR   A word about PT and CR Icon_minitimeWed 2 Mar - 10:22

Hey,

a few of you have mentioned player ratings just lately so I thought i'd write something here instead of replying to everybody individually.

The system gives me an estimated rating for both PT and CR which I can then overwrite if I want to, sometimes I remember to , sometimes i dont. The estimated system works like this.

worldclass players PTCR = 9999 for any nationality

for players from bra,arg,spa,ita,hol,eng,ger,fra and por ( the big nine )
superstars PTCR = 9797 ( potential to reach or has reached 75+caps )
stars 9595 ( 50+caps )
reknown internationals 9494 ( 25+caps )
recognised internationals 9292 ( 10+caps )
full internationals 9090
B ints and people who have been called up to squads but not played 9088
Under21 9086
Yntouth internationals 9084
schoolboy internationals 9082

non-internationals who play in the premiership 8888
non-int championship 8686
non-int league one 8484
non-int league two 8282

dont forget this is just for players from the worlds top footballing nations. also I give a slightly increased chance of better ratings to players from bra and spa as these are the top two nations in my mind atm.

Atm I am rerating everybody and the only players i havent done are the players at your clubs, everybody else should be done by this week, so if you have anybody ( esp englishmen ) who are above these guidelines then the chances are they will be moved down slightly, so its up to you whether you keep them or offload them b4 they are rerated. it wont be a massive rerate of everybody, just some players who were originally rated under the old system.

the old system had english internationals rated at 94 that has now gone down to 90, cos , lets face it, we are no longer much good really.

below this main group of nations are 2 more groups, a middle group containing the likes of uruquay, scotland, croatia, serbia, russia, romania, denmark, sweden and the like. and then everybody else in the last group, this includes wales, nireland and eire. these groups represent the levels of the players produced by clubs from these countries, not those that play for the international sides , hope that makes sense.

this is important, for instance, eire uses mainly players produced by english clubs not eire clubs, likewise ivory coast uses mainly players produced by french clubs not ivory coast clubs, hope that makes sense.

and lastly I have the last word, I try to keep all the ptcrs as i would want them but i dont know all the players so i do listen to you sometimes Very Happy honestly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A word about PT and CR   A word about PT and CR Icon_minitimeWed 2 Mar - 12:30

All for it and sounds very encouraging.

just 1 question.

Will CR take current performance club wise into consideration

ie: is he a first team regualar, is he a regular fixture in a top league, is he playing in the champions league, was he a good player but has fallen from grace and playing for an average side or a poor league or is it all to be based on international representation.?

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: A word about PT and CR   A word about PT and CR Icon_minitimeWed 2 Mar - 19:00

this is great news paul, though i would suggest that portugal's plight is worse than england's and they shouldn't be considered to be among the "big nine".

i think i can understand some of where will is getting at in his above post and i do find certain elements of the rating system in need of some re-clarification or re-classification. i'll give an example, but don't worry i'm not about to have a pop at the way player's are rated, after all player's have to be judged somehow and i respect that.

ok, you have two players. PLAYER 1 is an irish striker playing for a club that qualified for the CL last season. he's hardly played for that club in 18 months with a loan spell at celtic and now at a club among the bottom 4 in england. PLAYER 2 is a cameroon international at another top 4 club. PLAYER 1 is on a downward curve, PLAYER 2 is on an upward one.

the rating system of international caps will always see PLAYER 1 rated better than PLAYER 2 until either PLAYER 1 retires from international football or PLAYER 2 catches up with his appearances. i think this is a bit wrong since the players are going in opposite directions in their careers, not the same.

i guess this is where Paul's ability to tweak a CR becomes important in the future. I don't think international caps should be taken as gospel anymore, the bigger picture needs to be assesssed instead of just saying...'PLAYER 1 has got 80 odd irish caps and PLAYER 2 has 25 cameroon ones, so the irish fella must be better....'

i think its important going forward for Paul to use his ability to tweak a rating and realise that 1) nobody cares about international football anymore (or atleast not as much as they used to) and, most importantly, 2) ability is more important than nationality - theres many more players from 'minor' countries in the world able to play football at a good standard than 20 years ago. look at how the USA have improved since the days of Alexey Lallas. Even Venezuela and Albania are producing good players these days....20 years ago they were donkeys.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: A word about PT and CR   A word about PT and CR Icon_minitimeWed 2 Mar - 19:39

I also believe its good that all players have been looked at, but i also agree that there are certain individual players in most nations that should be rated highly above the rest!
but at the end of the day the PT/CR doesnt affect how many skills a player can get. so aslong as skills are assessed right whats it matter XD
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: A word about PT and CR   A word about PT and CR Icon_minitimeWed 2 Mar - 20:47

that is true. i think there are many examples where paul has operated outside the ratings guidelines on certain players, some for better others for worse, but hey, everything is opinion i guess. certain players should definitely be rated highly than others in their group.

I quite like Paul's mention of the country groups reflect the production of players in that countries academies. So, will this mean that an Ivory Coast/Cameroon player produced in a french academy will be rated as if he is Group A (french academy level) and not Group C? Since the country group's are an indication of a nation's overall youth output and not its own nations ability? This would enable the better players from Ivory Coast/Cameroon to achieve a 9797CR, whereas a similarly rated player that was produced in cameroon would only achieve 9595. I guess this would also mean that Irish/Welsh players produced in England are rated as a Group A player? This is a great idea paul so nice work
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A word about PT and CR   A word about PT and CR Icon_minitimeThu 3 Mar - 1:49

It's great news to hear that the PT/CR system is being reviewed on a uniform and even basis, as long as Paul takes into account individual players merit's. IMO ther are a silly amount of 99/99 players within the game.

Paul should also look to reduce the WR of many players if he is reducing the PT/CR ratings, given the fact that this season we are seeing many more discilpinary bans and injuries than in previous seasons, as we need (in my case anyway) to maintain a squad of about 22-23 players in order to remain competetive and have to budget for that.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: A word about PT and CR   A word about PT and CR Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 23:44

I have been impressed with the changes to the players made recently, making them a lot more realistic in my honest opinion.

It hasn't helped me one bit, as I have a lot of older players, that I'm now having to sort out. And a lot of overrated ones, as I am finding out now to my cost.

Like I said though, I am pleased with the changes, howevr I still have one concern.

I don't think it should based solely on international caps, as previously mentioned on here, because they can be misleading some of the time.

A lot should depend on which club they play for and which league they play in, in my honest opinion.

A scale similar to the one used at the minute, but instead of using countries could leagues be used? Group A being the Premier League and La Liga, Group B being Serie A, Bundesliga and so on.

Granted this would be hard to implement due to the constant movement of players but would create a much more realisitic playing field.

Under the current system, what worries me is the status of players like Mikel Arteta (Sorry Jamie) who has no caps. So in terms of the rules, he should have a low PTCR.

But realisticallly he is a top player and because he is up against players like Iniesta, Xavi and Alonso, he gets punished in the game. He should be 9797 in my opinion, even thought I can't stand the bluenoses.

Also, I know Will has a similar problem with a player who is in Real Madrids regular squad but not the first team. He cannot get a review, as the player isn't playing any games, but surely the fact that he is in Real's 18 man matchday squad means he must have something about him, as he probably would walk into most other La Liga sides.

Is there a way this could be introduced, or is Paul still going to judge some players on their individual merits do we think?
Back to top Go down

A word about PT and CR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: