Tom
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:32 pm

Ross....you won 1-0! the stock market crashed in italy as nobody in the top four won, my shares went down 200 instead of the anticpated 100 (from selling a 99cr) cos of the crash
Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:56 pm

Dan@Plymouth wrote:
Got mine too. Not happy.Evil or Very Mad My turn didn't arrive. Funny thing is I actually sent it earlier than usual this week too! We really need to be able to submit turns online or via email to stop this kind of thing happening rather than having to rely on Royal Mail.

Congrats Mark on your win. Not read the match report yet but you remain a bogey team for me! Twisted Evil Let's hope this is the result that will turn your season around.

Apologies to the managers who I did deals with but they didn't go through. I'll speak to Paul and see if and when my turn arrived and see what I can do about them. I have about 40 dealings I need to do at the moment so losing 10 last week really pisses me off.

Weeks like this one really make me consider quitting the game. Changes need to be made.

I thought your turn hadn't got there when I saw that our dealings hadn't happened. I'm a bit embarassed Dan as I only had the one shot on target to your 7 or 8.......... Given had a blinder for a change which was nice. You should have won......though I was happy that the tactics seemed to work okay (used DY's instead of WHV in the CAT tactic) although Balotelli ended up playing TM instead of Forlan for some reason!!

I find it interesting that you think of me as your "bogey" team. I bet if we looked into it you'll have given me many a thrashing over the years!

I agree that online turns should be the norm in this day of rising postal costs and unreliability.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:58 pm

bring back the phoenix floppy disc!! or whatever it was called. haha.

in all seriousness....it'd be great if paul was somehow able to set about us not only sending turns electronically but also receiving them that way aswell. don't get me wrong, i love the feel of paper, but if you could print it out yourself would it interest you? i reckon we'd have a 50-50 split on a vote at the minute so its probably not worth considering right now but i reckon in a year or two when the cost of paper, ink and postage goes even more sky rocket then there might be greater clamour for it.
Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Regular International - 95/95
Regular International - 95/95
Matt@Barcelona

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:17 pm

Stuart@Roma wrote:
Ross....you won 1-0! the stock market crashed in italy as nobody in the top four won, my shares went down 200 instead of the anticpated 100 (from selling a 99cr) cos of the crash

I'm guessing Paul's had a play with the shares as Barcelona's share price went down 778p this week to 3569p. I won both games, qualified for 1/4's in Europe and didn't sell anyone? scratch

Luckily i don't deal in the shares these days!!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:23 pm

jesus, i thought my drop was 190, but its actually 790!! think paul has probably dropped everyones by 800 points or something!
Back to top Go down

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:49 pm

Mark@Newcastle wrote:
Dan@Plymouth wrote:
Got mine too. Not happy.Evil or Very Mad My turn didn't arrive. Funny thing is I actually sent it earlier than usual this week too! We really need to be able to submit turns online or via email to stop this kind of thing happening rather than having to rely on Royal Mail.

Congrats Mark on your win. Not read the match report yet but you remain a bogey team for me! Twisted Evil Let's hope this is the result that will turn your season around.

Apologies to the managers who I did deals with but they didn't go through. I'll speak to Paul and see if and when my turn arrived and see what I can do about them. I have about 40 dealings I need to do at the moment so losing 10 last week really pisses me off.

Weeks like this one really make me consider quitting the game. Changes need to be made.

I thought your turn hadn't got there when I saw that our dealings hadn't happened. I'm a bit embarassed Dan as I only had the one shot on target to your 7 or 8.......... Given had a blinder for a change which was nice. You should have won......though I was happy that the tactics seemed to work okay (used DY's instead of WHV in the CAT tactic) although Balotelli ended up playing TM instead of Forlan for some reason!!

I find it interesting that you think of me as your "bogey" team. I bet if we looked into it you'll have given me many a thrashing over the years!

I agree that online turns should be the norm in this day of rising postal costs and unreliability.

Only one shot! That makes it even worse! Despite doing ok in the league I'm having a bit of a nightmare season really with quite a few of these types of results going against. I know these things are supposed to even themselves out but I'm definitely owed a few currently. I remember getting lucky with you recently (might have been last season) so perhaps they have evened themselves out between us. Will be calling Paul tomorrow to see what he can do about my missing/late turn.

As for the shares - did Chelsea and Arsenal's go down as well?
Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:33 am

Dan@Plymouth wrote:

Only one shot! That makes it even worse! Despite doing ok in the league I'm having a bit of a nightmare season really with quite a few of these types of results going against. I know these things are supposed to even themselves out but I'm definitely owed a few currently. I remember getting lucky with you recently (might have been last season) so perhaps they have evened themselves out between us. Will be calling Paul tomorrow to see what he can do about my missing/late turn.

As for the shares - did Chelsea and Arsenal's go down as well?

I read the turn properly this morning and you had 11 shots on target to my 1........ as I said last night, I am a bit embarrased but delighted with the win all the same. I just hope that I can kick on and get out of the relegation scrap but it's Citeh up next!
Back to top Go down

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:52 am

Typical that you win aswell Mark but then again im a long way off survival yet and to be honest i dont expect to survive unless im go on some mammoth unbeaten run
Back to top Go down

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:59 am

Wow, 1-0 win against Rob! get in there! unbeaten in 5 and must be up challenging now.
Stu, probably should have PM me the result, not sure how rob would feel seeing his result published before turn.

Happy happy happy
Back to top Go down

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Ben@ManUnited wrote:
Congrats to Will on our result always gonna be tough against a well drilled Fulham side away from home. Can't complain having had a few good results last few weeks.

cheers benny,

Feared the worst when i started looking down the match report and saw u were 1-0 up after only 7 mins !!

Good peformance was nice and a big big result especially with chelsea and newcastle winning, maintains that gap from the drop zone for now.

right off to Main road next week to try and complete a very unlikely league double!!!!!!

and see if i cant put a smile back on Dans face I love you
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:13 pm

Good win Ross. Busquets and Mikel really worked well for you.
Back to top Go down

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:23 pm

Rob,

Must have been moving there positions around like youtold me to! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:27 pm

I'll keep my mouth shut in future. They gave you a really good platform and you built well from it.
Back to top Go down

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 5:52 pm

Chelsea shares dropped 775p this turn glad i sold my shares in Birmingham this turn for a nearl 2m profit cos i needed the cash for pletikosa,i would have been fooked if i waited a week
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 6:03 pm

My shares went up by 13p there currently 380p Very Happy

my turn was okay, another draw... was my last turn before i go away.

so heres hoping i get a few decent results while im away lol.

Back to top Go down

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:33 pm

Turn must have arrived late as deals went through although it says no turn received.
Happy to have Ibrahimovic on board, not sure he will be happy playing reserves this week as i dont want to make changes to an unbeaten side.
Mikel and Busquets were immense, some great ratings and think i will be building my team around them.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:52 pm

Ross, rob had already text me asking for his result. he was well chuffed Wink
Back to top Go down

Week 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 12   Week 12 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Stu,

Ok, no worries.

Ross
Back to top Go down

Week 12
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2