Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 15:43

Back to feeder clubs....

I have to say I agree with Will on this one.

Richard would like me to explain so here goes.

I see Santos as a suitable feeder because they have a small capacity ground of 20,000, they rely on their youth academy to produce stars, have a crap economy, rarely buy someone outside of Brazil and reside in a completely different part of the world to Charlton and so the link would be realisitc.

However, Atletico in my eyes are obviously a bigger club than most english ones, let alone Leicester. They play week in week out in a league equal to the premier league, regularly in the Champions league, finish in the top four or five every season, have some world class stars on their books such as Sergio Aguero and will continue to attract the best players in the world of which you will have priority.

Go back a few years to when Aguero signed for Atletico, do you think Rob, Iain and Matt would have been happy to lose out signing him to Leicester's feeder club because of the priority rule.

I'm sure this will be relevant again soon when AM replace the City bound Aguero with some other stars.

Finally,

Estadio Vicente Calderón - capacity 55,000 (filled regularly)
King Power Stadium - capacity 32,000 (filled never)

Please tell me you havn't started with a stadium of that size capacity?

Basically, the only things that bother me are the stadium you will be given and also the priority rules that will be afforded to you.

If Paul agrees to start all feeder clubs on 20,000 capacity and make the priority rule null and void for feeder clubs, then it doesn't really matter who you are, just the players you have. You could have AC Milan as your feeder for all I care.

Anyone agree with those two suggestions? Or not?

I actually agree with someone's posts that if Spain is to be one league, then teams like Atletico need to be in there, but without the normal advantages imo.
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 15:51

totally agree with those two suggestions Tom.
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 17:38

Ok Thomas, if we're using full names.

I'm perfectly happy for the priority rule to be removed from feeder clubs, never actually thought of it to be honest. I honestly don't think it makes a shred of difference hence, by all means, get rid of it.

Let's have a look at a few things that yourself and William are doing a brilliant job of ignoring.

Your bothered about Atletico having a bigger stadium than Leicester right?.

So, how come you're not bothered about Chievo having a 42,000 seater stadium?. Doesn't mean I get gates to fill it!. Anyway, whilst we're comparing clubs, let's have a closer look at the three feeder clubs in question...as to who's the biggest etc.

Ground Capacity

Feyenoord - 51,177
Santos - 20,120 (moving to 40,000 Cubatao in 2012)
Atletico Madrid - 54,851

Average Attendance 2010-2011

Feyenoord - 42,124 (second behind only Ajax)
Santos - 22,770 (impressive considering capacity!)
Atletico Madrid - 44,684

National Championships

Feyenoord - 14
Santos - 8
Atletico - 9

ECL/Copa Libatadories Winners

Feyenoord - 1
Santos - 3
Atletico - 0

Annual Turnover

Feyenoord - €66m
Santos - €81.4m
Atletico - €90m

Last League Title Win

Feyenoord - 98-99
Santos 2010-11
Atletico 95-96

Champions League/Copa Libatadories Qualifications

Feyenoord - 4
Santos - Too many to count
Atletico - 1

So, as you can see, 1 ECL campaign doesn't really qualify as being 'regulars' as you say.. in the Champions League.

Yes, they have Sergio Aguero, in the same way that Santos have Neymar!. Does it mean that Santos in CF can afford Neymar?, of course it doesn't.

I'm more than happy for level playing fields, but personally I think that the limitations on feeder clubs already level it out quite nicely. No overdraft facility and no sponsorship already take a fair chunk out of the clubs ability to make money. Perhaps you'd like feeder clubs to stop selling scarves as well?.

I think you're actual problem isn't with Atletico being a feeder club, I think your problem is with them being my feeder club. So by that rational, if I adopted the policy of 'I want a big parent club' and moved to say Spurs, or Liverpool...would that make you feel any better? Would it be ok for Atletico to be a feeder club then?

Tell you what, you can limit my feeder club attendance to whatever Will's ground capacity is.

I just find it amazing, that you wait for an enforced move that I haven't asked for, before you have a problem.

In fact, if everyone feels like this, I'll just stay in Italy with Chievo and my 42,000 seat stadium and 17,000 gates.

Think you're making a mountain out of a molehill, and find it curious that you don't have a problem with Feyenoord/Fulham

Fulhams Average home attendance - 25,042
Leicester Average home attendance - 23,666

Feyenoord Average Home attendance - 42,124
Atletico Madrid average home attendance - 44,684

Hardly a cavernous difference is it!.

Last edited by Rich@Leicester on Sat 16 Jul - 17:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 17:46

Feyanoord annual turnover 60 odd million?

Really ? That explains why there in financial meltdown and are having to flog the likes of Fer and wjnaldium for a pittance to pay their spiralling debts

I wager uv pulled those figures outta yer arse seri
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 17:48

I'll wager i've pulled these figures from about an hours research to highlight the massive flaws in your arguments.

If Will goes to AZ Alkmaar or Twente, I'll go to Villareal.
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 17:48

oh dear Rich is well and truely on his high horse now, see what you've done Will?.......SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 17:49

I want feyanoord cos they have one of the best youth development programs in Europe and I would like first dibs on that resource

Being as they were going to be my feeder club I thought that was the right criteria to be looking for.... Strange choice I know

Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 17:50

oh, and sorry Will, but can you show me where in CF, a clubs real life debt has an adverse effect on their ability to compete in this game?

I await your answer with baited breath..
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 17:53

Feyanoord are that great?

Last time they finished in the top 5 of their league, last time they played in the chapions league league , last time they even played in the Europa!

Bigger turnover my arris hole
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 17:54

also, can you show me where I've said that you can't have Feyenoord?...

I'm simply saying, that it can't be one rule for you and Tommy...and one rule for me.

I haven't moaned about Tom being at Santos, nor you being at Feyenoord, you pay your money and your entitled to manage who you like.

I'm simply saying, when you're sat in an enormous greenhouse, it's perhaps not best advice to chuck an enormous rock at your neighbour!
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 17:54

Love it! rich making up statistics to back a totally flawed argument.... Classic medley

U forget I know u sunshine
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 17:55

I'll take utrect or gronigen then

No skin off my pants
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 17:56

Didnt' say they had a bigger turnover did I!

Can I suggest you read the stats again. Yep, Madrid turn over €90m and are the 19th richest club in the world.

Interestingly enough, a few places behind Lyon...that other feeder club no-one has a problem with.
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 17:58

Will@Fulham wrote:
Feyanoord are that great?

Last time they finished in the top 5 of their league, last time they played in the chapions league league , last time they even played in the Europa!

Bigger turnover my arris hole

So, it's OK for you and Tom to say "Atletico are regulars in the ECL", when they've been in it ONCE!.

But I can't point out Feyenoord/Santos' own wealth of domestic success?

double standards Willy, double standards.

Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 17:58

HAHAHAHAHA this is brilliant
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 18:00

Go on then, you take Utrecht, I'll take Villareal...and then I'm sure Tom wont mind keeping his stadium to 20,000 when Santos shift to their new 40,000 home next year.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 18:01

Wow, that is some chip on your shoulder. Shocked

Although it might have seemed like it, i wasn't trying to single you out. Granted we have previous but you were the one who asked me to explain.

I am against Will having Feyenoord with a ridiculous capacity for his feeder or anyone for that matter. Don't think it should happen. For the record, I didn't know Chievo had that kind of capacity and also would be wrong imo.

Santos might be moving but my capacity won't change. Also please see my previous post on why I think Santos are an acceptable feeder, ie. distance, different cultures, promoting from within not and buying in talent (Neymar, Aguero) etc etc

You can hardly compare the quality of the copa lib to the Champions League either!

Anyway, the point of my post has been lost somewhere. What I was trying to say was that all feeder club should be equal at the beginning, same capacity, no priority etc etc.

Doesn't matter who you are, they should all be the same, no-one should be afforded an advantage with their feeder club, be it Rich, Will or whoever.

I wasn't trying to single you out Rich, just trying to make a point and you asked me to explain so I used Atletico as an example. I could have quite easily used Sevilla too, or Feyenoord.

I see that you agree, or at least are willing to go ahead with the no priority rule for feeders, but do you think Atletico's ground should mirror real life? Or are you happy for it to be a level playing field with everyone else (including Feyenoord)?

Again, apologies for any misunderstanding, but these two points are my main concerns about these new feeder clubs. Whoever they are managed by.

Just as a side issue but aren't Feyenoord now managed by Phil?? (re:newsletter)

Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 18:02

Like someone previously said it makes not one jot who u are,

Stadium size, real life club size etc, as u or someone pointed out it has no significant bearing on what u can do in the game I just thought as guy who considers himself a knowledgable footballing purist the notion of athletico Madrid being a feeder to Leicester city would be ridiculous and something u would laugh at

Jees u think u know someone
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 18:03

Has Duncan indcox got hold of ur iPhone?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 18:05

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Interestingly enough, a few places behind Lyon...that other feeder club no-one has a problem with.

I do.
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 18:06

Dunc give rich his phone back!
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 18:09

Will,

Are you prepared to answer the point made?, or are you going to continue to side-step it?

Why is Fulham/Feyenoord any different to Leicester/Atletico?. Would you like me to send you the link to every stat I've just quoted?. It'll take me a while, but I'll compile a list of sources if you'd like. Look em up yourself by all means. What we're talking about here is a feeder clubs capacity to compete in their division. How limited should it be?. I think you've lost sight of that.

Tom, your argument on attendences is a sound one. I have no issue with limited capacities for feeders, although I really think that feeder clubs need to be allowed to make some money somewhere. We must be careful not to totally take the fun out of the game.

Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 18:09

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Go on then, you take Utrecht, I'll take Villareal...and then I'm sure Tom wont mind keeping his stadium to 20,000 when Santos shift to their new 40,000 home next year.

As I said in my apology post, I won't be phoning Paul when Santos move to get my capacity changed. Don't think it is right. Think we should all start the same and build it up through income.

Seems my apology post was a little slow in coming, go away for 10 mins and it all kicks off.

For the record again, I don't care who the club is, as long as we start on an equal footing.

Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 18:10

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:

As I said in my apology post, I won't be phoning Paul when Santos move to get my capacity changed. Don't think it is right. Think we should all start the same and build it up through income.

Seems my apology post was a little slow in coming, go away for 10 mins and it all kicks off.

For the record again, I don't care who the club is, as long as we start on an equal footing.

Who's gotten hold of Tom's phone?...there's sense coming out of it!
Back to top Go down

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 18:14

One more thing actually. I'm going to Spain for a challenge, in a market where I know that NEWing promising youngsters is going to be bloody hard.

Brazil, Holland, Portugal, France etc would all have been much easier to take a feeder club in.

You know what, I might go to Holland just to fuck Will off.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 18 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 18   Week 18 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 18:14

Absolutely making money is imperative and hard enough at the minute, but think it should be judged on money and team management rather than whose team name and stadium you have.

To be fair, if all were equal, then maybe I would have a advantage, and Will/Phil to an extent because Santos and Feyenoord have sensational academies.

Maybe we should take that into account when choosing?

I appreciate that you havn't had the chance to choose either.

Talking of making money, I agree with the fact that you have all taken all your players with you, and would be disappointed if you havn't taken your bank blance and buildings with you too?

Think basically you should be carrying on from where you were under a different name, in a different league? That applys to everyone, not just Rich.
Back to top Go down

Week 18
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next