Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Youth and Schoolboy teams

Go down 
5 posters

Are youth and schoolboy teams important to you?
Yes
Youth and Schoolboy teams Vote_lcap80%Youth and Schoolboy teams Vote_rcap
 80% [ 12 ]
No
Youth and Schoolboy teams Vote_lcap20%Youth and Schoolboy teams Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Youth and Schoolboy teams Empty
PostSubject: Youth and Schoolboy teams   Youth and Schoolboy teams Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 11:10

Do you actually care about these teams. Do you take time to pick each team every week?

If the majority are no, is there much point to Paul changing things?
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Youth and Schoolboy teams   Youth and Schoolboy teams Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 12:33

They have been important for me both as a source of revenue and of players. Coming into the game with no players and no cash the stream of talent from my academies has been vital in building my squads.

Santon, Pastore and Ganso have all played in my youth teams at Inter and are now in my first team squad. On top of that the cash raised from Balotelli and others has financed some more experienced players.

At Boca Forlin, Rojo, Vidal, Moralez, Zarate, Hernandez, Lodeiro and Blanco are all currently in the first 18 and have progressed through the academy. Plus all of my reserves came the same way. And from a finance perspective numerous sales have financed 3 libertadores, 3 leagues and hopefully a 2nd cup and first treble in 4 seasons.

So, if used properly the youth system can be vital. So if you can't afford to buy talent youth can be a good solution.
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Youth and Schoolboy teams   Youth and Schoolboy teams Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 15:18

My youth team is important to me but I don't think my school boy team have ever played a game - players never get a rating and never had a match report or anything!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Youth and Schoolboy teams   Youth and Schoolboy teams Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 15:25

Last turn you were 1 point off promotion to the top league Jamie!
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Youth and Schoolboy teams   Youth and Schoolboy teams Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 18:09

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Last turn you were 1 point off promotion to the top league Jamie!

How do you know this? Is there a special action code for it? I order an expert turn every week
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Youth and Schoolboy teams   Youth and Schoolboy teams Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 18:54

SB.

Even though you get an expert, you still have to tick the box!! It isn't included in the expert package.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Youth and Schoolboy teams   Youth and Schoolboy teams Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 19:09

hows mine doing, ive never looked and think i have 1 player
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Youth and Schoolboy teams   Youth and Schoolboy teams Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 19:16

11th in the top league Gaz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Youth and Schoolboy teams   Youth and Schoolboy teams Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 19:18

cheers, not much changes then lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Youth and Schoolboy teams   Youth and Schoolboy teams Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 21:13

Have to admit i voted no. Never really had time for the school boy teams, i find it hard enough getting youths in that are not already in the game.
Im not someone that spends all my time on this game and scouting young players etc.

I try to pick a strong youth team but have to admit i find the £250k a buit steep for newing a young player.
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Youth and Schoolboy teams   Youth and Schoolboy teams Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 21:29

Tom@Charlton wrote:
SB.

Even though you get an expert, you still have to tick the box!! It isn't included in the expert package.

Cheers Tom, obviously missed that one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Youth and Schoolboy teams   Youth and Schoolboy teams Icon_minitimeFri 19 Aug - 19:45

I would like to thank this thread for making me actually pick a Reserve and Youth team this turn
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Youth and Schoolboy teams   Youth and Schoolboy teams Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug - 10:40

thing is gaz...you shouldnt need a thread like this to make you think about doing it. fielding a reserve team is important so that your first team players have competition for their place. the player in the reserves will be in direct competition with the player in the same position in the first team. otherwise your players will have "relaxed" training attitude if they think their place is guaranteed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Youth and Schoolboy teams   Youth and Schoolboy teams Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug - 11:31

i'm still learning about this game ten plus years on lol
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Youth and Schoolboy teams   Youth and Schoolboy teams Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug - 12:06

Ross@Blackpool wrote:
I try to pick a strong youth team but have to admit i find the £250k a buit steep for newing a young player.

this is a good point actually for the lower league sides, i expect you do find the 250k asking price a bit steep, maybe we should change this to nothing for league two sides, and 150k for league one sides ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Youth and Schoolboy teams   Youth and Schoolboy teams Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug - 12:16

How about

League 2 - 0k
League 1 - 100k
Champ - 200k
Prem - 300k

Back to top Go down

Youth and Schoolboy teams
Page 1 of 1