Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner

Go down 
3 posters

What league has the highest proportion of foreign players
Barclays Premier League
Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Vote_lcap50%Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Coca Cola Championship
Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Vote_lcap0%Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Eredivise
Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Vote_lcap0%Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Liga BBVA
 0% [ 0 ]
Ligue 1
Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Vote_lcap10%Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
СОГАЗ — Чемпионат России по футболу (Russia)
Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Vote_lcap10%Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Прем'єр-Ліга (Ukraine)
 0% [ 0 ]
Zon Sagres
Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Vote_lcap30%Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Azərbaycan Premyer Liqası (Azerbaijan)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Empty
PostSubject: Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner   Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 4:01 pm

just to clear it up...as far as platini is concerned ryan giggs, shay given, charlie adam etc are foreign. ok?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner   Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:11 pm

some interesting choice so far. you all seem so sure that its england.

lets hope you're right Wink
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner   Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:32 pm

ok. there are two correct answers.

the EPL has 520 players and 334 of them are foreign including home nations outside of england. thats 64.2% of the league..meaning only 35.8% of the league consists of english players.

the EPL however has 79 players from wales, ireland, northern ireland and scotland which means the league has 255 foreign players outside of all home nations. that would mean 49% of the league is from 'overseas'.

the portuguese league has 446 players and 262 of them are not portuguese. that's 58.7% of the league.

so, depending which side of the fence you sit on regards home nation players being foreign, either the EPL or portuguese league is ranked as being the most culturally diverse.

the next nearest is Russia, where 47.9% of the league is made up of foreign imports.

in my opinion considering half the irish team is made up of englishmen with great-great-great-great irish grandparents i think portugal can be afforded the title of being the most foreign league in europe. well done to me and one other person and also the 5 people who voted for the EPL who might choose to be 'picky' with this result Wink

thanks Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner   Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:27 pm

i went for France
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner   Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 8:05 pm

What percentage of the Portuguese league is Brazilian? As a Portiguese colony a lot of them aren't really foreign either. Both Deco and Pepe were once foreign in Portugal for example.
Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Regular International - 95/95
Regular International - 95/95
Matt@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner   Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 8:07 pm

i went for Sagres as it's a nice beer and there's shit loads of Brazilians playing in the Portuguese league!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner   Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 2:02 pm

Rob@Inter wrote:
What percentage of the Portuguese league is Brazilian? As a Portiguese colony a lot of them aren't really foreign either. Both Deco and Pepe were once foreign in Portugal for example.

but then you could start saying that hargreaves is candaian etc etc. you'd go on forever i think if you wanted to be completely picky. i got these figures from transfermarkt so for me what they say is what goes. the higher percentage considers home nations to all be different nationality, the lower percentage is the politically correct figure since the passport for english,welsh, northern irish and scottish is.....british
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner   Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 2:10 pm

Hargreaves is Canadian.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner   Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:03 pm

yes...but according to transfermarkt he is english. the same as deco and pepe are portuguese,not brazilian or cape verdian....if ya get me....so there's no point over-analysing the portuguese nationalitirs when transfermarkt has it bagged. Smile
Back to top Go down

Stuart's random trivia ~ trivial corner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Football Chat-
Jump to: