Tom@Charlton
Phil@Watford
Ben@Plymouth
Paul Hemmings
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23
AuthorMessage

Week 10 processing... - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 22:08

Thanks Paul.

Just for the record, ever since joining this game back when i was 13 i have been hooked. Hooked so much that when i left last time i couldnt stay away from the forum. Once my business settles down im sure i will be ok, financially things are tough for everyone out there at the moment.

I will never leave the game without serious thought first as the next time i leave it will be for good. Im sure i will be around for a few seasons more, still have a big personal challenge to win something in this game.

I love the Blackpool job and it has helped my hunger with the game this season and am actually surprised at how my team is doing so well this year.

I also have to admit that there are some very good managers in this game that put a lot more time intot hings than i do but i suppose thats half the fun and challenge.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar - 9:11

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Think I also fell into the trap of putting my TM on SOS.

Seems doing this, severely restricts the TM to a certain area of the pitch. Also now we are on the bigger pitch, that seems even less of a good idea.

Would be interested to see if it would have made a difference if I had not done this?

Any chance you could run a practice game Paul? No worries if not.

If I take SOS off Tevez the results shift slightly in your favor, I played the game a few times in practice mode and we had 2-2 1-2 1-3 and 2-2 so you seemed to get a slight improvement, tevez only scored one of those goals though, Sturridge and Rodallega get most of them.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar - 22:01

Interesting, mny thanks for doing that. Is Tevez getting involved in the game alot still? I am hoping he is running the show to a certain degree whether he hits the net or not.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Mar - 14:33

One other thing I have noticed about the longer pitch is that if you dont choose to play the correct player positions with your selected tactics then it takes players longer to get into the right positions from their assigned positions and quite often the tactic breaks down whilst the ballholder waits for this to happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Mar - 20:51

Paul,

Any chance you could have a look at my match report from last week, against Boro?

Both sides were conceding possession like it was going out of fashion. also, despite playing a focal PM (Carrick), the ball just wasn't going wide at all. From what I can see my CB's kept knocking it long..

I'm just at a bit of a loss with it?, is it the bigger pitch?, is it the overactive ST that will be turned down next week?

Any help appreciated mate... I'm just confused as to what conclusions to draw from the report... Have a read of it, you'll understand why!

I have to plan without Carrick (injured) this week, I'd struggle to put a plan together without him anyway.,, but now I'm super confused after reading the match report.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Mar - 21:29

echo the above a little.

cant help but think that although long term this is a move that needed to happen for the game (the bigger pitch) it has confused the roles of some players a little.
u
I had my ST bent Getting way too involved (something i know u are looking at) but my AM never really got the opportunity on the ball as despite my CB's having what u would think being an easy couple of yards pass to my AM theyd opted for a longer ball to my ST.

i wouldnt have minded but i was playing WIN so the hole point of that is that my focal point of attacks should be my wingers be the supply line be coming from my AM or my back four.

so my worry is:
my CB's are missing out my AM completely
my AM isnt getting involved when im on the ball,
my Wingers in a Winger orientated tactic are getting ignored.

a little confused.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Mar - 21:36

Yep, exactly my problem Will...

WHV's just aren't getting the ball.

My AM isn't finding my PM

And when my PM does get the ball... Its not going wide!

Help Paul...please!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 21:17

You guys get time to read your match reports!!!!
Back to top Go down

Week 10 processing...
Page 23 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23