Paul Hemmings
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar - 9:56

Right i'm going to start processing the dealings now.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar - 10:00

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Wayne Rooney goes missing against the very best. Discuss.

I have thought that a few times when he's been playing for England in that deep withdrawn role they seem to like to play him in, but he does always work hard and always seems to be double teamed a lot of the time, but he shouldn't have been on the bench against Madrid surely ? couldnt believe that.
Back to top Go down
Rich@Birmingham
Championship 90/90
Championship 90/90
Rich@Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar - 10:00

Rich@Leicester wrote:

Yet he's still the best player I've ever seen live.

I cant remember the last time he played through the middle in a big game, even when he scored v Barca in the champions league final it was from a wide position. He's still averaging either a goal or assist per game this season!
Back to top Go down
Rich@Birmingham
Championship 90/90
Championship 90/90
Rich@Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar - 10:03

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:

I have thought that a few times when he's been playing for England in that deep withdrawn role they seem to like to play him in, but he does always work hard and always seems to be double teamed a lot of the time, but he shouldn't have been on the bench against Madrid surely ? couldnt believe that.

I would've played him instead of Robin, Danny played brilliantly, never gave Alonso the time he needs, Wazza up top would've given RvP the rest he desperately needs and Wayne could've harrassed the back 4
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar - 10:44

A deserved review for Bernard Debuchy looks like making Watford's defence even stronger.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar - 11:52

Just spoke to Mark and he is emailing me his turn, thanks for that Mark, and Gary's turn has been delivered by the postman, so with all the non-forum orders we have a full house this week.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar - 14:15

Southampton have signed Loic Remy from Paris in exchange for Benoit Pedretti and £6millions.

This should have gone through last week but was missed off so Ive put it through early this week seeing as Soton are in league two and are playing against Bristol City this week and the Wimbledon boss has also agreed it can go through early.

Some of you Premiership managers may be interested in looking at Remy now he is at Southampton ?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar - 15:25

I'm on schedule so this week's league games will kickoff at 1000 hours Tuesday morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar - 19:23

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Just spoke to Mark and he is emailing me his turn, thanks for that Mark, and Gary's turn has been delivered by the postman, so with all the non-forum orders we have a full house this week.

Glad it turned up, it went with the lunchtime post saturday as was Mrs birthday Friday so was otherwise busy
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 9:26

Okay, we're getting towards kickoff now, so lets take a quick look at what we can expect to see this week...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 9:35

I'll start with the Premiership cos that does seem to be the most competitive of the leagues atm...

Fulham should have too much for Blackburn but you never know with the slow tactic. Newcastle at home should really be too strong for Everton and Chelsea should have enough to beat Man United at home. The other three games are much tougher to call. Charlton and Watford will be fascinating, with Tevez playing against one of the meanest defences in the league, I expect that will be very close. Plymouth seem to have found some form last week away from home and it'll be interesting to see if Wilshere can continue that at home to Birmingham today especially as Birmingham seem to be having trouble finding the back of the net lately. Another away game for Birmingham probably just about gives Ben's side the edge there. And then we have Arsenal at Man City, Wingers against Fast is a recipe for goals usually so I expect a few but City have decided to play without an anchorman so I can see Rooney having a field day in this match, so I predict lots of goals here, and maybe Rooney just swinging it for the away side, but maybe not. I'm sitting on the fence on that one, but looking forward to seeing how it plays out.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 9:37

In the Championship the leaders Leicester can probably extend their winning streak with three points against Leeds today whilst Tottenham have a tough derby match with Westham, so it could turn out to be a very good day for Leicester.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 9:40

In the Primera Liga the three leading sides are all away from home, and as we all know, it is much harder to win away from home, but to be honest Real should have too much for Sociedad and Barca should be too strong for Celta Vigo, we shall see if Real Betis can stay out in front by winning at Villareal, but it wont be easy and is another good test of their growing credentials.
Back to top Go down
Iain@RealMadrid
Premier League - 92/92
Premier League - 92/92
Iain@RealMadrid

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 9:43

Looks like a snow day here for me, so able to keep track of the games until i try and have a go at getting to work at lunchtime, will Falcao score on his debut?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 9:45

Italy is very interesting this week as we have the new look Russian Juventus playing at a strong consistent Napoli side in what will be a very tough game, but I'll take Napoli to win by the odd goal. Roma should have too much at home for struggling Sampdoria, whilst AC Milan should get a few goals against Atalanta this week. Ancona havent reached the heights they did last season but should have enough to beat Parma. Cagliari may have their work cut out to get a result at Fiorentina although there have been a few improvements to the side lately and things are definately improving there ( and I only said that could he sold me Ronaldo Smile ). Whilst league leaders and title favorites Inter Mian have a fairly tough game at home to Lazio, never easy to beat, but they should have enough to get all three points again this week.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 9:48

Nantes and Lille meet in France and I fully expect this to be an entertaining game with both sides playing the fast system and both employing excellent targetmen, so i'm looking forward to watching that one. Whilst Lyon are playing at home to Etienne and this is a game they must win but it will be very tough.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 9:50

A big game in Holland with Ajax at home to PSV and I expect Ajax to win that as PSV have been having a tough time of it lately, whilst league leaders Feyenoord are at home to Heerenveen and this is another must win game really, Fly against Total could be some goals here too.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 9:52

Gremio have a tough game at on form Cruzeiro, whilst Flamengo need to return to scoring ways at Botafogo and Taison may well be making his debut at Santos in what should bea stroll for my side at Portuguesa, but we shall see.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 9:52

Okay just ten minutes to kickoff now and the teams are out warming up...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 9:54

A home game this week for Boca who play Racing Avellaneda and they shouldn't have any problems securing the three points to stay top of the table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 9:55

Am on the A1 on way to Middlesbrough, thank god for the passenger seat, 3G and the iPad...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 9:56

A huge game in Scotland where the Glasgow Derby sees Celtic travel to Rangers for what could be Celtic's last chance saloon cos if they lose this one then that could just about be it for the season regarding their title hopes. Inverness will be hoping for a draw in Glasgow and three points for themselves away at Raith, which should be very achieveable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 9:58

Bit worried about Betis this week, injury plagued midfield. No Ganso, Ribery or Krasic this week. So Yarmolenko makes his first appearance at TM, with Pjanic making his debut at DR and the returning Cuenca at DL... Hope it's good enough
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 9:58

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Am on the A1 on way to Middlesbrough, thank god for the passenger seat, 3G and the iPad...

You poor sod. Nothing good in Middlesbrough.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 10:01

And of course we also have the final group stage games from the World Cup to look forward to as well later on, with Argentina having taken on the favorites mantle following their defeat of Spain in the first round of games, it'll be interesting to see if Ben's side can secure the points they need to make the semi-finals and eliminate pre-tournament favorites Spain at the same time. Can England maintain their fine form to secure a semi-final birth. Whilst France have looked strong so far can they too keep it going. Lots of questions will be answered this week for sure.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 11 processing...   Season 23 Week 11 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 10:02

Okay we're just waiting for the refs watch to countdown now...
Back to top Go down

Season 23 Week 11 processing...
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next