Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Empty
PostSubject: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 17:48

Seasons can change in an instant and this week brings about the halfway point in the season.

Halfway stages are a moment for reflection. How far have we come and where are we going? Where do we want to go? The real life season poses all these questions at Christmas. No doubt, Steve Bruce did not invisage that as Sunderland sat proudly amongst the top seven at Christmas that his side would wallow to the lurky depths of 3 points from the bottom three in February.

So what are your hopes? Maybe it'll be promotion or to reach the play-offs. For some a win might just be a good result right now (5 games without a win for Leicester and not a win in 10 for Lazio). Maybe you just need a change of tactics.

So...if Paul was to be father christmas and present you with something, how would you like the second half to turn out? Halfway points are like new years resolutions, or wish making after winning the pull of a chicken bone....just be careful what you wish for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 19:13

Stay up in Seria a will do
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 21:47

Well so far this season, its been very good at the Emirates, 9 wins and 1 loss so far this season, but if i had the exact same for the second half of the season... i could still end up only second, if Henrik won ALL of his games... and the way its looking, so me and henrik could have a good close second half of the season.

so if i was to wish for something for the second hall of the season.. it would to keep or improve my +2 points lead over henrik.

also, improving my youth team is gonna be a big part over the next half of the season Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 22:40

winning the league, simples Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 22:40

winning the league, simples Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 22:46

Second Half of the season at fratton park will just be about strengthening the squad.
In honesty im expecting probably a playoff finish and think i will still be in this league next year.

The reason behind these thoughts is the amount of changes coming in the next few turns. All for the better long term but short term it can only be seen as messing with team understanding etc.

All im hoping for is to land a couple of players and then make a strong push next year for promotion.

All the best guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 23:29

Another point at Lazio would be nice as the one I got on the opening day of the season is now feeling very lonely.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 23:35

i'd say Lazio are the most pointless side in Italy, but seeing as they have one, that is not true in some respects Smile

My aim is to finish on more points than Inter Milan, which in Serie B is pretty fucking terrible (this is not an insult to your team, Rob Wink). I should have this sewn up by now. Promotion before the 19th week would be nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 23:57

I wonder if I can manage to get a 3 point deduction somehow and become the first side ever in the history of this game to end the season with a minus points tally.

Now THAT would make me special.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 0:00

you'd need to get 4 players sent off for that i think Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 0:11

Or play an ineligible player, maybe I could fake up an imaginary player and 'new' him, doctor the info that I send to Paul so it looks as though it comes from genuine and reputable sources. And then afterwards come clean and admit that I was trying to seek an advantage by fielding an ineligible player, and accept the 3 point deduction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 5:32

Going up. Beating Phil would be nice, but going up would be enough.

And improving my starting eleven in at least one position would be nice too. (I'm looking at you, Lescott!).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 13:44

Promotion to the Championship is still on the cards and that remains
my aim. Need to be a bit more consistent in the 2nd half of the season and that should come with a more settled side.
And like everyone else,I'm constantly looking to improve the squad and strengthen weak areas.
Goias have suffered badly of late from my massive changes to the squad. A lot of work to do there, reviews, training, buildings etc but I hope Goias can make a push for a playoff spot.

In the Cup its gonna be a massive game between Hull and Fulham. Can't wait for that one, even though it'll probably end in defeat.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 19:04

Halfway through the season and making good progress. Granted, it is in League 2, but progress all the same.

Long way to go in Germany to catch Schalke, but maybe next year I might have the squad capable of challenging.

Looking to settle both squads down without much activity at either club. Both in the hope that they will be able to challenge next year.

In terms of the rest of the season, can I get much further in the cup competitions?
Europe-probably not, quarter finals might be the limit this year.
Domestically-maybe, but not a lot further for Charlton. Bayern should put together a strong cup run, assuming the draw doesn't pit me up against Jamie!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 22:35

Try and carry on as we are.

get the likes of Toni and Pienaar intergrated into the first team a see how they get on.

Generally very happy with the progress so far, so more of the same would be very nice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 12:47

i'm very pleased this year. finally got out of my champions league group 9th time is a charm as they say. would love to make the final.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?   Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell? Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 18:18

It's all about Europe for Inter. Europa second rate shit Cup for me. I'm keeping a settled team for the rest of the European campaign and for domestic cup games but changing to next years new formation and tactic for the league games.

2 massive signings which will re-define my team anf take it to a new level happening this turn and next turn. And so next year will be my big attempt at league glory.
Back to top Go down

Week 11 - Halfway to Hedonism or Hell?
Page 1 of 1