8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Empty
PostSubject: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 7:59

Welcome everybody to week 21 - this season has blown by.

Good luck to everybody this week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 9:27

hope my turn arrives ok, i reckon I missed the last post on friday night. Paul, if it's not there in time, can you let me know so I can email you a couple of key dealings?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 9:50

okay, Ive opened all the envelopes and got no orders yet from

Newcastle, Chelsea, Leicester and Schalke, hopefully they arrive with today's mail, which hasn't been delivered yet ( 9:46 ).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 10:02

Thanks Paul, if it doesn't turn up today, I'll email you
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 10:08

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Thanks Paul, if it doesn't turn up today, I'll email you
I'll let you know if it comes with the post, if it doesn't you'll need to email me today.
Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 10:58

Paul Hemmings wrote:

Newcastle, Chelsea, Leicester and Schalke, hopefully they arrive with today's mail, which hasn't been delivered yet ( 9:46 ).
Hi Paul... I've just e-mailed mine across.
Apologies for the lateness...again!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 12:27

Mark@Newcastle wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

Hi Paul... I've just e-mailed mine across.
Apologies for the lateness...again!
cheers Mark, appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 12:28

okay postie has been, only Chelsea were on the mat, so I am missing

Leicester and Schalke. If you see this then please email me asap and then let me know here its awaiting my attention, thanks guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 12:55

Thanks Paul, 
Dropping you an email over now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 13:05

Email sent Paul, let me know you got it?

thanks
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 13:35

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Email sent Paul, let me know you got it?

thanks
arrived safely thanks Rich.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 14:20

just finished entering all the dealings, lots of bids this week for Illarramendi, will take awhile to enter all the team changes, so its looking like matches will be run wednesday morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 15:59

sorry I've not sent anything in I've had an essay to get in and I've not even looked at last turn yet.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 16:37

Jamie@Schalke04 wrote:
sorry I've not sent anything in I've had an essay to get in and I've not even looked at last turn yet.
np Jamie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 18:44

Paul Hemmings wrote:
just finished entering all the dealings, lots of bids this week for Illarramendi, will take awhile to enter all the team changes, so its looking like matches will be run wednesday morning.
 Shows how far I am behind some managers in this game.....Who, never heard of him Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rich@Birmingham
Championship 90/90
Championship 90/90
Rich@Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 18:48

Gaz@Chelsea wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
 Shows how far I am behind some managers in this game.....Who, never heard of him Shocked
Signed for Real Madrid for £30 million this summer
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 21:34

Just to keep everyone informed, and to keep interest high, thought I'd do the following as a pre-cursor to this weeks vidiprinter.

Argentina

Boca already Champions, but important cup final for them this week to complete the treble, following their impressive win in the Copa Libertadores last week.

Brazil

Santos already wrapped the title up this year, after an impressive season falling just short in the Copa Libertadores.  Cup final to look forward to though, as they take on the impressive runners up - Matt's Flamengo.  Can Paul make it a double in Brazil or can Matt upset the odds?

England

Premier League title far from decided yet this year. There are still 5 teams in the hunt and with some big fixtures left yet, this one looks to be going right to the wire.  Although, if Ben and Rich drop points this week and Charlton manage a win against a resurgent City, then the title will be won, but that contains a lot of 'IF's and this season has been a close run thing all year.

The cup final is between Charlton and Arsenal, the newly crowned European Champions.  Hard one to call I guess, the league leaders against the Champions of Europe, although I still feel I am a way behind the big boys and have Phil as favourite.  Would be unbelievable to win a trophy though!!

At the bottom, Watford and Utd seem to be battling it out for safety, which sounds ridiculous having looked at Jamies squad.  Think Jamie will have enough to stay in the top league for next season, only a point separates them so it may be a close run thing.

In the Championship, a win for Leicester (or dropped points for Spurs) would result in the Foxes lifting the title, having already secured promotion.

Banstead champions for the second season running, climbing the league ladder quite nicely!!

France

Two points separate the top four with the top team, Ben's Lyon, away to third (Nantes) this week.  A great opportunity for Phil's Arsenal to take top spot with a week to go. The title could be Bens though with a win, and Lille losing and Paris only drawing.

The cup final sees Phil v Tom once again, with free-scoring Lille against Nantes.  Can Nantes defend their title, or will it end a trophy-less season, following last weeks defeat to Marks Newcastle in the Europa League, after winning the treble last year.  The chairman might want a serious word with me after week 22 if the trophy cupboard is bare.  Will Phil score 8 for a third successive game??

Germany

In Germany, it is once again all about the big two, Bayern and Schalke.  The title will go to the last day as both teams are level on points with two games to go.  Jamie's goal difference could be the key factor?

Chance of a double again for Jamie, with a cup final to look forward to!

Holland

Ajax usually have the title sewn up by now, however the free-scoring Feyenoord have given them a real run for their money this season.  With three points and a massive goal difference advantage, Will is firmly in the driving seat, and three points this week would all but secure the title. Ajax can't afford to drop any points.

They may have to console themselves with a cup win, as they contest the final this week against Twente I think, the conquerers of Feyenoord in the semis.

Italy

Rob remains favourite this season, although Juventus just won't lie down.  Can Inter get over the disappointment of last weeks Champions League final, to secure another league title. Two points clear with two games left suggest a win and a draw would be enough, who would bet against him?

Cup final between Milan and Roma.

Spain

Been a fascinating chase this year, with unfancied Betis making the early running.  In fact they made the running until finally coming up short a few weeks ago.  Two big fixtures saw the big boys overtake them in the league.  The title comes down to the last two games, with Matt leading Iain by two points.  A win and a draw for Matt wouldn't be enough however, as Iain has a much better goal difference.  So, you'd think that two wins are essential for both teams in their chase.

Cup final between Iain's Real and Mark's Sevilla.  A David and Goliath contest? You never know...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 22:41

Rich@Birmingham wrote:
Gaz@Chelsea wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
 I have been trying to get him since scouting him in week 14...
It's a big bid from Betis for a 9797
He was superb for Spain in this years U21 champs
Back to top Go down
Rich@Birmingham
Championship 90/90
Championship 90/90
Rich@Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 22:48

Top stuff Tom, going to be a nail biting week for most of us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 23:25

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Rich@Birmingham wrote:
Gaz@Chelsea wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
 I have been trying to get him since scouting him in week 14...
It's a big bid from Betis for a 9797
He was superb for Spain in this years U21 champs
 if im being honest id never ever heard of him til i read some dude with a long name had signed for real for 30m.

couldnt tell u a sausage about him other than that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 23:26

excellent round up thomas,

Feyanoord go to the lions den this week - Ajax .......ding dong!!

would be a nice way of wrapping up the title to do it in their own back yard
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug - 8:31

Win and the title is yours for sure then, a draw would probably be enough?  No better place to win it, in their back yard!

Got a real tough game this week, Geoff's resurgent Man City side.   He has made some real good signings recently and personally I think they will be back where they belong next season, amongst the title chasers.

Thankful I will not be facing Paulinho this week, as I think he must still be AWP?  He looks a good player and will be a real asset to them next season.  Still plenty of great players there who will cause me problems this week though.  Played Geoff 4 times throughout my hemsoft career and not beaten him over 90 mins once!! Here's hoping this week is the first!

Tough game against the league leaders in France, but don't want to give up my title without a fight!!  Out of my hands unfortunately though and can't see Phil dropping anymore points. 

Talking of Phil, I face him in two cup finals this week!! Had a much harder run in France this year due to Phil and Ben having good squads over there.  Hope to retain the trophy although stopping Phil scoring is gonna be very very difficult.  In England the FA cup final beckons!!  Never thought I'd see the day that lowly Charlton would be challenging the top teams for the top trophies!  Shame it is against the European Champions!!Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug - 8:39

It's a bit after The Lord Mayors show in the championship and Spain, yes there's a title to wrap up but I'm not really bothered about it.. It's all about getting things in shape for next year for me.

Paul, if my envelope arrives this morning, will it be ok to have those dealings entered? 
I sent over the key dealings on email yesterday, but clearly I couldn't remember them all!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug - 9:35

Thanks to Tom for that excellent roundup, couldn't have put it better myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 21 processing ...   Season 23 Week 21 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug - 12:09

Any sign of the postman Paul?
Back to top Go down

Season 23 Week 21 processing ...
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next