3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 21:38

£300,000 a week? I hope United have got more out of him than tonight's performance?
Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 22:31

Well the last two performances iv seen from him have been abject at best

He seems to have lost his zip.

Wilshire has regressed a little if I'm being honest I thought before tonight that midfield 3 of Gerard, wilshire and Henderson with Rooney in front of them would be more Than good enough, having seen that stagnent performance tonight then maybe not.

No one was bad (Rooney aside) in the that quartet but there was just little invention, Roy needs to stop titting about with Sturridge and get him through the middle.

Scores loads of goals for Liverpool through the middle so what does he do, plonks him out wide.

Oh and that guy that came on for half an hour and created more than Rooney and wilshire did in an hour between them should have his seat at the front of the plane next to Roy.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney Icon_minitimeThu 6 Mar - 8:01

Lallana reminds me a bit of Wilshere a few years ago before he got all his injuries. Full of creation and a constant threat. Can play in a number of positions too.

Has to be on the plane for me.

Like Will says, hope Roy is brave and doesn't just stick with the usual crowd. Honestly think players like Lampard and Cole, at the minute in terms of form, shouldn't be anywhere near the airport let
Alone on the plane.
Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney Icon_minitimeThu 6 Mar - 11:10

Absolutely,

There's no point taking the same mob that have failed before, yes take some needed experiance in the like of gerrard and one or two others but for me we know we're not going to to win it so let's give a few a chance to shine in the big stage, 

I'd start the midfield with gerrard holding, wilshire /Henderson alongside him but license to roam / cover ground, Rooney in the middle of a 3 then probably sterling and lallana either side with Sturridge up top.

That actually sounds pretty decent, quite a nice balance of pace and technique
.... Hold on... We can win it.... There it Is that English blissful ignorance that  we will and deserve to win any major tournament  lol
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney Icon_minitimeThu 6 Mar - 12:43

I disagree slightly, I'd drop Rooney ( he's never done anything for us in big tourneys, time to drop him ) play Lallana at the front of the diamond and bring in Welbeck and in midfield I'd start with Lampard in place of Henderson. Now that is brave Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney Icon_minitimeThu 6 Mar - 13:19

Agree with Paul on Rooney. Gerrard,  Wilshere should start. I have completely changed my mind on Henderson. I used to think he was pointless. Now I think he should start from a work rate perspective alone as I think he ties a lot of the rest together. In frot of them Lallana provides something different which causes problems. Up front it's Sturridge plus one from .................. a list. Rickie Lambert, Lampard, Sterling, Andros Townsend are all good bench options for me. In defence it has to be Baines, Walker, Jagielka and Cahill which looks weak to be honest. If I was manager I'd do everything I could to get Terry to play the tournament. I hate him and think he seems like an awful human being but he's a winner and has played well this season. Smalling and Jones haven't progressed as much as everyone hoped and Lescott and Cole have become bench warmers at club level.
Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney
Page 1 of 1