Paul Hemmings
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 14:48

Hi Paul, think I scouted some teams this week but no reports.
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 16:47

Paul Hemmings wrote:
oh yeah nearly forgot

5) I have removed the EU indicator from all countries so we no longer need to worry about limiting overseas players. So the limit has changed from 7 max overseas to any number of overseas players. This also helps to "equalise" all clubs.
Is the PIE indicator still applicable?
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 16:50

Paul Hemmings wrote:
4) There will be at least 3 cup competitions in each league next season. The usual FA Cup equivalent and the Super Cup equivalent and a newer League Cup competition. I trialled this in England last year and it was popular so i'm now expanding it to each league.

Outside England...

FA Cups will start at round 3 with 16 clubs and go to q-final, semi-final and final.

League Cups will start at q-final with 8 clubs and go to semi-final and final. They will be run on the same weeks as the FA Cups and include any teams eliminated from their FA Cup in Round 3.

Super Cup is FA Cup winner or FA Cup runner-up against League Champion and is played in week 1.

In England...

FA Cup will start at round 1 with 64 clubs and go to round 2, round 3, q-final, semi-final and final.

League Cup will start at round 2 with 32 clubs and go to semi-final and final. They will be run on the same weeks as the FA Cup and include any teams eliminated from the FA Cup in Round 1.

FA VASE Cup will start at round 3 with 16 clubs and goto to q-final, semi-final and final. They will be run on the same weeks as the FA Cup and include any teams eliminated from the League Cup in Round 2.

MILK Cup will start at q-final with 8 clubs and goto to semi-final and final. They will be run on the same weeks as the FA Cup and include any teams eliminated from the FA VASE Cup in Round 3.

Super Cup is FA Cup winner or FA Cup runner-up against League Champion and is played in week 1.
So, will there be no cup matches in Germany for (approx) the first half of the season?
That'll cause First11 players to moan sooner rather than later?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 16:57

You got more than 11 wanting first 11 football Andy?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 16:59

Paul Hemmings wrote:
A few things to take into account this week.

1) There is some small corruption to the printouts caused when the system ran out of memory whilst printing the team formations at the end of each match report and it doesnt always show the tactical system most employed where it should.

2) Every club has been "equalised" so no longer do we have large, medium and small clubs. Chelsea and Hartlepool are now treated exactly the same in terms of available income and asset expenditure. Every club is now considered to be "average" so for smaller clubs you can charge more for tickets but staff wages and building costs will have increased and for the large clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal you wont be able to charge a ticket price premium for being in London. With the removal of a lot of lower division teams the "division" factor was also removed so buildings and wages wont be cheaper further down the divisions, this further equalises all the clubs.

3) Some of the top players have a "star" rating that is used by the system to calculate a more real-life like tribunal value but this takes a lot of manual work on my part to maintain and is now woefully out of date on most players. The only thing the star rating effects is tribunal values. I have now removed this feature because it is too cumbersome to maintain. So some tribvals have reduced as a result and the current system now uses £10m for CR99 £6m for CR97 £4m for CR95 and £2m for CR94. age29s get a 50% reduction and over29s are valued at zero. ( although CR94s still need adjusting which I'll get to next week ).

Like this to be honest.

Will this stop players selling that have been listed for silly amounts on the transfer list?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 17:01

Paul Hemmings wrote:
oh yeah nearly forgot

5) I have removed the EU indicator from all countries so we no longer need to worry about limiting overseas players. So the limit has changed from 7 max overseas to any number of overseas players. This also helps to "equalise" all clubs.

Like this too.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 17:08

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Hi Paul, think I scouted some teams this week but no reports.

This affected others too, the teams you selected are no longer active and have no players to scout so the system didnt print anything. There are only 16 active spanish sides now.
163 162 174 331 178 323 384 476 330 339 321 196 324 322 325 and 520.

feel free to pick replacements.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 17:10

Andy@Schalke wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
oh yeah nearly forgot

Is the PIE indicator still applicable?

PIE is still a thing.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 17:16

Andy@Schalke wrote:
So, will there be no cup matches in Germany for (approx) the first half of the season?
That'll cause First11 players to moan sooner rather than later?

Last season there were 37 teams in Germany so you didnt play round 1, this season there are only 16 teams and there will be no round two games, so you will have one extra week without a cup game to keep all your attitude one's happy. Your cup competitions start in week 13 so yes no cup games in the first half of the season.

Not sure what I can put in 2 weeks ? maybe some sort of "county" style 4 team competition ?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 17:24

I could do this for leagues outside England.

A cup knockout competition for groups of 4 teams 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th in group 1 5,6,7 and 8 in group 2 and so on so each group plays a semi-final and a final to occupy the 2 free slots.

They have something similar in Brazil that they call State Championships so if there was interest we could do something like  that.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 18:12

Personally I like the fact the current restrictions reduce the amount of attitude 1s you can have in your squad.  There are ways around it if you plan correctly. 

Another cup competition would just be a quick way around the attitude problem?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 18:20

I think the attitude problem is one of the hardest aspects of the game when you have a top team, making sure everyone is happy but equally having a good enough squad to compete.

I’ve spent the last 6/7 turns preparing my squads for next season, making sure I have no more than 11 attitude 1 players and no more than another 6 attitude 2 players. 

For what it’s worth, and we will all have different opinions, I think this would just be a get out of jail free card and not a tournament managers would be desperate to win?
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 18:57

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Personally I like the fact the current restrictions reduce the amount of attitude 1s you can have in your squad.  There are ways around it if you plan correctly. 

Ah yes, but this change has been thrust upon us, my squad is geared up for cup matches from round 2, not from halfway into the whole season...
So, I'd be happy for a 'state champs' for this season, and then make sure my squad is suitably prepared for there not being one next season.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 19:08

The one thing I don't want is for anybody to feel as though they are at a disadvantage to a team from a different country so I've rethought things and all FA Cup competitions will now start at the same time with round one in week 3 and I'll make it work.
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 19:22

You don't actually have to do that if it's a big problem - like Tom says, some of he fun is making sure your team don't kill each other!
I'm always aware that non-english sides already have an advantage as they can recruit any player in the world.
It just makes sense to me that an FA Cup style comp would start earlier in the season, if you can make that happen with relative ease, then great!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 19:28

Andy@Schalke wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:

Ah yes, but this change has been thrust upon us, my squad is geared up for cup matches from round 2, not from halfway into the whole season...
So, I'd be happy for a 'state champs' for this season, and then make sure my squad is suitably prepared for there not being one next season.

If things were as they were though, then you are assuming you'd go right through the competition though every week?  What would happen with your squad if you went out in round 1?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 19:30

Paul Hemmings wrote:
The one thing I don't want is for anybody to feel as though they are at a disadvantage to a team from a different country so I've rethought things and all FA Cup competitions will now start at the same time with round one in week 3 and I'll make it work.

I'm not that strongly against it Paul to be honest as I too have teams that would benefit, just playing devils advocate I guess?

If it easier or better to go with your original idea then go ahead. Don't want to be the sole voice causing a problem, especially after you've helped me out with various things like the CC cups etc.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 19:44

Sounds like there has been plenty of changes, as always can be good bad or in different I suppose we wont know until these things get tested. 

However, I did notice moral was "skyhigh" this week. What is the Morale tree now? As was always poor, average, superb?
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 20:33

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Andy@Schalke wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:

If things were as they were though, then you are assuming you'd go right through the competition though every week?  What would happen with your squad if you went out in round 1?

Hehe, it would be... problematic, but definitely of my own making...
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 20:36

Phil@Watford wrote:
Sounds like there has been plenty of changes, as always can be good bad or in different I suppose we wont know until these things get tested. 

However, I did notice moral was "skyhigh" this week. What is the Morale tree now? As was always poor, average, superb?
I think it goes: awful poor average good superb sublime skyhigh?

First time I've seen 'skyhigh' ever - and 1 season I did the 'quin'!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jul - 5:56

Yep I lied, I've costed out the changes I'd need to make to the structure of the cup games and there is not enough time between now and week 2 to get all the changes coded up and tested. So for non english clubs their domestic cup competitions wont start until round three. So in real terms that is one extra week in which you dont have a cup game to help keep players happy. 

Reminder - the dealing code PERK can be used on week 9 to boost a player's morale if you need to leave him out for a week. New cars are always popular with players but you can also offer them cash bonuses better than their weekly wage. The disadvantage is they take up a dealing slot for each player you want to perk.

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Fri 12 Jul - 6:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jul - 6:08

Skyhigh 90-99% new level
Sublime 80-89% ( last season was 80-99% )
Superb 70-79% same as now
Good 60-69% same as now
Average 50-59% same as now
Poor 40-49% same as now
Awful 30-39% ( last season was 0-39% )
Wary 0-29% new level

I added 2 new levels for more clarity. Other than the wording nothing else has changed with morale.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jul - 9:40

Thanks for the turn Paul - I have noticed however that some of my players - despite playing in every game this week and training only gained 10ts from last week - my first choice keeper for next season is on 23ts atm for example!

Am I doing something wrong here in terms of preparing them for next season?

Thanks

Ben
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jul - 10:21

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Thanks for the turn Paul - I have noticed however that some of my players - despite playing in every game this week and training only gained 10ts from last week - my first choice keeper for next season is on 23ts atm for example!

Am I doing something wrong here in terms of preparing them for next season?

Thanks

Ben

a couple of things might help

1) a full set of coaches
2) individual training
3) effectiveness of your buildings is woeful
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jul - 13:43

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Yep I lied, I've costed out the changes I'd need to make to the structure of the cup games and there is not enough time between now and week 2 to get all the changes coded up and tested. So for non english clubs their domestic cup competitions wont start until round three. So in real terms that is one extra week in which you dont have a cup game to help keep players happy. 

Reminder - the dealing code PERK can be used on week 9 to boost a player's morale if you need to leave him out for a week. New cars are always popular with players but you can also offer them cash bonuses better than their weekly wage. The disadvantage is they take up a dealing slot for each player you want to perk.
Ok, fair enough P.
Any chance of a round 2 being ready for next season?
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 23 processing...   Season 29 Week 23 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jul - 17:40

Quick question on the email turn it states POTS in week 24, however the deal is on the order sheet this week. 

Is it this week we do POTS?
Back to top Go down

Season 29 Week 23 processing...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next