Paul Hemmings
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr - 16:55

Switzerland

Zurich 62 +71 CHAMPIONS
Basel 52 +48
Grasshoppers 50 +33
Xamax 47 +42

Success for Zurich by a clear and substantial margin as well as an unbeaten league record which included just two draws was very impressive and completed the Swiss Double for the first time in the club's history. Next season fans will be looking for success in europe for sure...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr - 16:59

Uruguay

Nacional 62 +51 CHAMPIONS
Danubio 51 +76
Penarol 51 +62
Defensor 51 +61

Danubio suffered this season with an aging squad and a missing manager for periods of the campaign but that takes nothing away from Nacional's title success cos it was well deserved and pundits expect this side to dominate Uruguayan football for the next few years, if they can stay together of course. Yet another triumph for Rob...
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr - 17:02

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Belgium

Genk 64 +76 CHAMPIONS
Mechelen 57 +39
Bruges 53 +38
Liege 46 +62
Anderlecht 39 +17

Genk triumph again in what again is a very competitive league as they win the title for the seventh time under Phil and they did it in style and never really looked in danger once Mechelen had run out of steam towards the end of the season. Can little Genk persuade the boss to stay or will he be whisked away by one of the giant clubs like AC Milan...
The Manager does love to rebuild things.... Be interesting to see the current state of AC Milan or other projects available..  coffee
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr - 17:04

USA

Chicago 58 +47 CHAMPIONS
Kansas 40 +16
NewYork 38 +8
Nashville 36 +12
Washington 35 +3
Dallas 34 +4
Harrisburg 30 -3

Chicago Fire retain the American title by some distance as they continue to dominate football in this part of the world and its hard to see any serious challengers with the rest of the league being very much equal in skill and all capable of taking points from each other. Kansas could be serious contenders but need three or four top quality recruits to make it last the season...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr - 17:06

Transfers now then I will post up something about available clubs...
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr - 17:06

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Brazil

Botafogo 59 +59 CHAMPIONS
Fluminense 48 +25
Santos 46 +37
Corinthians 38 +24
Sao Paulo 38 +14
Vasco 38 +8

Botafogo have been Champions for a few weeks already securing what turned out to be an easy victory despite stiff competition from other clubs in the division, they were just too good. It's Phil's second league title and he adds it to his plethora of ten cup wins...
Only my second league title?! ha. Not a bad trophy haul considering the competition in the league! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr - 17:41

Atletico sign Brahim Diaz from Coleraine for £120millions.
Stockholm sell Viktor Gyokeres to Watford for £90millions.
Nathan Ake leaves Villa for Newcastle for £85millions.
Diego Carlos joins Villa from Toluca for £65millions.
Charlton sign Archie Gray from Leeds for £60millions.
Palace sign Joachim Anderson from Newcastle for £57millions.
Tottenham sign Marcus Edwards from Darlington for £45millions.

Plus lots of smaller deals and inter club deals all detailed on the TP special action report.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr - 17:45

Coaching now...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr - 17:50

Paul Hemmings wrote:

As it's my home town I feel obliged to point out you could actually buy the whole town of Coleraine for that much and not just 1 player from the football team.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr - 10:30

Finances now...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr - 10:42

Printing now...
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr - 12:43

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Gotta start in England really...

Premiership

Charlton 44 +25 CHAMPIONS
Man City 44 +11
Watford 41 +22
Arsenal 41 +16
Villa 38 +6

Charlton get their first title win over the line following high drama in their last game of the season at Stamford Bridge. It was always on the cards once Kane, Salah, Saka and Bellingham had got to know each other, with Thiago and Fabinho superb in midfield and one of the best defences in the world with Van Dijk superb all year, it probably would have been a traversty had they not finished top. Congratulations to Tom.

Commiserations to last season's Champions Manchester City who just lost a step when they signed Tony Grealish and Julian Alvarez but i'm sure they will be challenging again next season.

And an honorable mention for third placed Watford who didn't lose to the top two all season and they lifted the FA Cup as well.

Thanks to everyone for making this season so exciting...

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.

Still can't quite believe Charlton won the title and Champions Cup. Incredible.

I honesty think I got quite lucky this year, my team was fairly settled whilst a lot of teams around me were going through quite a few changes.  Watford and Plymouth have had a couple of tactical changes this season and I'm more than confident they will be challenging for the title next year.  Geoff has had an incredible season with City having only lost twice all season in the league.  If only one of those draws could've been turned into a win they would have won it easily.  I think his personnel changes, like Paul said, disrupted things a little.  However, the quality he has brought in will prove tough to compete with next season I'm sure.  Gaz is also building something pretty impressive at Chelsea and I think he will be a surprise package next season come the run-in.

Champions Cup a similar story to be honest.  Got away with one in the group stages when Rich wasn't putting his full attention into the games and that helped win the group in the end.  By the signs of Real in the latter stages of the season pushing Barca all the way, I certainly won't want to be in his group again next season!
Barca are an incredible side and meeting them in the semi-final was a daunting prospect.  That game was very tight and certainly could've gone either way.  Came out the right side of that one, just.  Then a Schalke side that fills me with fear in the final.  What a squad Andy has got.  The indecision of the previous weeks tactically really came at the right time for me, not sure I could've beaten him otherwise.  

After years of bad luck and bad decisions, seems it has finally changed!  Let's hope I can keep it going, like Rich says, that will be the toughest part!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr - 12:54

Delighted to win the French league, what a tough season it has been.  Not sure how Paris have managed to go all season unbeaten only dropping 6 points yet still not win the title!  The Paris manager must be sick of the sight of Nantes! 

Season of change there, playing TIC this time last year, didn't think the players would adapt as quickly but the second half of the season they really performed well but had to!! 

Wolfsburg continue to amaze me.  Although one again, a pretty good season to have a settled squad.  Already mentioned Schalke's transition and Leverkusen have had a unsettled season with a few changes.  If anything selling me Gravenberch didn't do them many favours, however recent results suggest they will be a serious force next season.  Hannover continue to build and seem to get stronger each week, would we expect anything less with Mr Wilson at the reins?
Germany will be a much more level playing field next season, that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr - 12:55

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Stockholm sell Viktor Gyokeres to Watford for £90millions.
Nathan Ake leaves Villa for Newcastle for £85millions.
Diego Carlos joins Villa from Toluca for £65millions.
Charlton sign Archie Gray from Leeds for £60millions.
Palace sign Joachim Anderson from Newcastle for £57millions.
Tottenham sign Marcus Edwards from Darlington for £45millions.

Plus lots of smaller deals and inter club deals all detailed on the TP special action report.

Delighted to get Archie Gray!  

Hopefully Nantes will be able to bring in a couple of young talents this week.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr - 13:14

Email turns all sent out...
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr - 14:22

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Thanks Paul and for a great season as ever.

Just one thing - I didn't get the Argentina U21 squads/turn - is there a chance I might please be able to grab this - think I took over this week as manager?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr - 17:12

Echo those thoughts Paul, thanks as always.

Can I ask a question regarding hiring older players please?

I tried to hire two of my older players (Boateng and Navas) as members of staff but the system just gave them new contracts?  Is it not possible to do this anymore?  Does it cause too much confusion?

Also, as Fabinho is now suspended, is he unable to play next turn (week 23) or the first week of the new season (season 35 week 1)?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Apr - 12:09

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

Just one thing - I didn't get the Argentina U21 squads/turn - is there a chance I might please be able to grab this - think I took over this week as manager?

International sides are determined on week 24.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Apr - 12:14

Tom@Charlton wrote:

I tried to hire two of my older players (Boateng and Navas) as members of staff but the system just gave them new contracts?  Is it not possible to do this anymore?  Does it cause too much confusion?

Also, as Fabinho is now suspended, is he unable to play next turn (week 23) or the first week of the new season (season 35 week 1)?

Thanks

players have to be retired before they can be hired. The hire command wont do that automatically. RELEASE them to the non-league one week so the system can consider them for retirement then if they retire you can try to HIRE them the following week.

if you especially need to keep a player for hiring you need to drop me a note telling me to retire him before I process the hire else hire will just become a give.

Ive done those 2 players and they are now backroom staff.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Apr - 12:18

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:

Thanks

players have to be retired before they can be hired. The hire command wont do that automatically. RELEASE them to the non-league one week so the system can consider them for retirement then if they retire you can try to HIRE them the following week.

if you especially need to keep a player for hiring you need to drop me a note telling me to retire him before I process the hire else hire will just become a give.

suspended players can play in friendly games
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Apr - 19:23

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:

Thanks

Sorry Paul, should've been clear in my turn!  Thanks for doing that.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 34 Week 22 processing...   Season 34 Week 22 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr - 10:48

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

International sides are determined on week 24.
Thanks Paul!
Back to top Go down

Season 34 Week 22 processing...
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8