3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeTue 4 May - 22:44

i am partial to an opinion that if your turn is late then its late. though its nice of paul to wait until tuesday (sometimes wednesday) for some people's turns to arrive i think there has to be a cut off point of no return. snooze and you lose so to speak. the later paul leaves it to run the game then invariably the later we get turns back.

does anyone see benefit in a deadline change to friday or saturday?

personally, i prefer getting my turn for the weekend so id rather that wasnt compensated just because someone or others are late sending theirs. by having this atleast it might make the late posters start sending off a bit earlier and not last minute on a saturday or sunday.

bringing the deadline forward will atleast mean he can run the game to schedule. or alternatively we all agree collectively to solemnly swear to post our turns by thursday or friday at the latest....
Back to top Go down

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeWed 5 May - 16:20

I'm in favour of anything that gets my turn to me by the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeWed 5 May - 16:32

Alternatively if you can't get it in by Monday then it's a missed turn and you learn to be quicker? Saves changing deadlines etc. The person with the toughest job is Dan sending them from Canada (is it still Toronto Dan?) or me as I'm in NY or LA every other week.
Back to top Go down

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeWed 5 May - 18:01

It doesn't really matter whether we think a change in deadline would be beneficial. Paul has his schedule and having not changed in much in at least 15 years or so I can't see it changing much. If you want to get your turnsheets in early then I'm sure he won't complain. But I can't see Paul changing his deadline of Monday.

There will always be the occasional distraction from getting turns back for the weekend: postal strikes, bank holidays, volcanos, etc. But I know Paul does his best and it's at times like this we ought to remember that he does run the game as a hobby. Yes we pay for the game but other than his word there's nothing to stop him from quitting tomorrow.

I believe it takes almost a couple of days to input the turns and then run them. Your turnsheet should be in by Monday. If it's not then you run the risk of not everything or even anything being added to the game.

I'd rather let Paul run the game his way, let him enjoy it in the way he has for many many years.

Whilst we're on the subject of changes to the game: Paul has always encouraged innovation and suggestions to improve the game. I'd like to see that continue. But sometimes I feel that too many suggestions are sent to him without too much thought, discussion or even agreement from managers. Although I've not heard him complain about this I have heard managers complain that requests are often ignored by Paul. I'm sure this isn't helped by an increased volume of requests. Could I suggest that we think twice and discuss here before emailing/contacting Paul regarding improvements/changes to the game?

Sorry I've rambled here. But I'm just getting the impression too many game improvements/ideas are sent to Paul without being properly thought out. I'm for discussion of ways to improve the game of course though!

P.S. Just saw Rob's post: Yes Rob I'm still in Toronto. But it looks like I could be back in the UK by June though. Following Henrik's departure I think I'm the only full-time overseas player currently.
Back to top Go down

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeWed 5 May - 18:38

I think its fine as it is to be honest, Get there on time or tough luck
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeWed 5 May - 18:46

Dan@Plymouth wrote:

P.S. Just saw Rob's post: Yes Rob I'm still in Toronto. But it looks like I could be back in the UK by June though. Following Henrik's departure I think I'm the only full-time overseas player currently.

not going down the route of becoming an illegal immigrant then?!
Back to top Go down

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeWed 5 May - 19:50

sensible post Dan. Have to say that we should at very least hold a poll on all major suggestions going to Paul. Only those with an 80/20 in favour split should be forwarded. How can he implement something we're not even agreed upon.

Basically..(points at Dan)..what he said
Back to top Go down

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeWed 5 May - 22:38

Speaking of deadlines...does anyone actually know when this turn will be arriving roughly??
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeWed 5 May - 23:31

Rich@Leicester wrote:
How can he implement something we're not even agreed upon.

this sounds like what will happen when we have a hung parliament tomorrow night Smile

i think this is a fair point actually. we each must send so much in the way of feedback, ideas etc to paul with our turns that maybe we should just submit review/new info on the back of turns from now forth and only feedback when paul asks for it (like this week on price increases). suggestions for the game as rich and dan suggest here is a good idea, it'll probably save a lot of time paul's end aswell. poll's are always good to have aswell unless you're a labour politician cherry
Back to top Go down

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeWed 5 May - 23:57

I spoke to Paul yesterday. He expected to finish the inputting today due to the bank holiday. So I'd guess turns should arrive a day later than on a normal week which sounds like about Saturday/Monday from what I can gather from you guys.
Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeThu 6 May - 8:14

Dan@Plymouth wrote:
I spoke to Paul yesterday. He expected to finish the inputting today due to the bank holiday. So I'd guess turns should arrive a day later than on a normal week which sounds like about Saturday/Monday from what I can gather from you guys.

I spoke to Paul yesterday too, who told me that he doubted that he'd get time to run the game before he had to go to London for a few days..........

No point stressing though eh? The blokes a legend. deadlines Star3
Back to top Go down

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeThu 6 May - 17:06

so we're no nearer knowing when they might arrive then?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeFri 7 May - 0:22

if the game has been run two days later then we'll probably get them two days later. no, three, because of sunday. id say tuesday is when they're likely to turn up at the earliest, especially as Mark says Paul is away for the weekend and isnt likely to have time to post turns out before he leaves.
Back to top Go down

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeSat 8 May - 19:36

What is goinh on with this turn? im not the only one who must be in limbo, I thought the point of the stig was a go between yet nothing seems to be happening!! im getting impatient now espeacially as in a couple of weeks we have another bank holiday aswell.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeSat 8 May - 19:46

who knows. all i know is the deadline was two days later than the normal schedule. as we more often than not get our turns on a Saturday within a normal week i'm not expecting a turn on my doormat until Tuesday. Stig will only really be around when i'm absent, as previously mentioned.

It'd be nice really to see Paul log in again so that communications are from the horses mouth and not vaguely informed (or mis-informed) thru ourselves. I already noticed from Dan and Mark two differing reports of turn progress when it appeared they called the same day, which was a bit strange. Still, all it takes otherwise is a quick email from Paul to me and I can update from the horses mouth directly instead of chinese whispers or limbo guesses.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeSat 8 May - 23:23

Agree with Stu on this communication or lack of is the key.
Back to top Go down

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeTue 11 May - 9:17

No turn here.
Back to top Go down

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeTue 11 May - 9:23

no one knows whats going on!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeTue 11 May - 13:03

I called Paul this morning but had no answer at all. Off to NY for 10 days in the morning and all the lack of communication and not having a clue what's happening really makes Football Manager a lot more appealing than CF which has become really disjointed and all over the place recently. If I get a chance to speak to Paul I'll put this point of view across.
Back to top Go down

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeTue 11 May - 15:52

Ive rang 4 times over the course of the day just to see if we can shed some light on this but they have all gone to the BT answer phone.
Back to top Go down

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeTue 11 May - 18:05

maybe he's got some personal problems that he doesnt wish to share with everyone, and the games having a week off, sometimes theres more important things in life than this game maybe, dont mean to offend anyone with this, but if you are offended, then, i feel sorry for ya Razz
Back to top Go down

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeTue 11 May - 18:15

Everybody understands that in life, shit happens. If a game cant be run for a couple of weeks, thats no problem, you wont here me moaning about it at all, and I cant imagine anyone would have a serious gripe. as you say quite rightly, it's a game..but it's a game I pay up front for.

What I do object to is the total lack of communication. It would take no time at all to drop Stu an email to say.."personal stuff to sort, game delayed for at least a week, will be in touch". At the end of the day hobbie or no hobbie, we pay for a service and we deserve to be kept informed.

If your mobile phone suddenly just stopped working, I assume you'd be straight on the phone to your provider?.
Back to top Go down

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeTue 11 May - 18:40

nah, shit phone, pay as you go aswell, i'd just buy a new one Razz

nah, i get what ya mean, but a 1 man band is a bit different from a multi million pound company like orange or o2....

if my mum had a fatal accident, i wouldnt even inform my job, i'd be with her, it could be similar to that, and thats just 1 of those things, i also pay for sky tv, so when it comes to 4 oclock on a sunday afternoon and its arsenal man utd on sky, and we have a thunderstorm and i cant watch it live, does that mean i pick up the phone to sky and demand my money back cos ive paid for it upfront, no, its just one of those things in life that you have to live with....

dont mean to upset anyone with this, just MY (im not shouting btw stu Razz ) view Very Happy
Back to top Go down

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeTue 11 May - 18:48

Lee's just bitter i dumped him out the cup and obviously aint got his pocket money on time deadlines Icon_lol

Mainly m just eager to get my turn cos im bored off my tits, i'll try ringing again tomorrow and hopefully get an answer onb the phone, Im assuming of its not serious the game maybe run tomorrow and sent out thurs or fri a week late........but we'll see

.K.T.B.F.F.H.

.C.H.A.M.P.I.O.N.S.
Back to top Go down

deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: deadlines   deadlines Icon_minitimeTue 11 May - 18:50

come on lee, gloves off, fuck the Will "i love everyone" Buckley approach.. deadlines Icon_biggrin

one man band or no one man band...and I am one...if you dont speak to your customers, they very quickly stop being your customers. Its a positive for Paul that Ross, Stu, and Adam are/were here to communicate to the masses on his behalf.

I've had a stressful couple of weeks myself, and am definately of the mindset that "it arrives when it arrives", much more important stuff going off with me than the game.

It's just a general frustration with Paul that I have, that he just doesnt acknowledge points you make in emails, entire emails, phone calls and just generally doesnt seem to think that it's common courtesy to speak to people.

The few times I've spoken to him directly, he's been nothing but helpful and friendly...I just wish he was more accessible than he is.

edit..

thinking about it, Im not even bothered if I cant speak to Paul myself, just want him to proactively tell Stu when there's going to be a major delay, so that Stu can let the rest of us know. I dont think that should be an unreasonable request.

It must get on your wick Stu, that all of us are asking you if you;ve heard anything every two minutes.

Last edited by Rich@Leicester on Wed 12 May - 11:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

deadlines
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: