Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Week 23 Results..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Week 23 Results.. Empty
PostSubject: Week 23 Results..   Week 23 Results.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Congratualtions to Will & Jamie who both progress to the Championship Playoff Final after semi-final vistories.

Congratulations also to myself, who progresses to the League 2 Play off Final after an extra-time 2-1 win, with Pavlyuchenko on the mark twice...

get in.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 23 Results.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Results..   Week 23 Results.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:21 pm

Congratulations also to me for guiding Portsmouth into league one......

its been.....emotional. lol

Razz
Back to top Go down

Week 23 Results.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Results..   Week 23 Results.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Well done to all.

i think deep down myself and Ja knew it would come to this,

Sets up a real mouth watering encounter for the chance to play in the promised land......and nail a big wodge of TV cash as well!!!

Whatever happens its been a blinding season for both clubs.

Ja steered his team manfully away from relegation last season in a league higher than the rest of us where he was up against a lot of long established clubs and managers and now sees his side at Wembley and one match from the dream.

im obviously delighted to be playing him, hitting the play off final in the first year of asking, im delighted no matter what.

Richy too has stuck to his task superbly, he could have jumped ship when things (like danny quitter quitter boy) were going, if not bad, then terribly for him but he rode out the storm AND misfortune he suffered with the Edu saga and has bounced back with a team that now should comfortably grace the leagues above.

good luck to all (not Ja lol)

On a more serious note if anybody has any ideas as to how Im supposed to break down the games most formidable defensive unit then im all ears!!!

Back to top Go down

Week 23 Results.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Results..   Week 23 Results.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:53 pm

Well done Stu,

i never doubted you mate!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 23 Results.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Results..   Week 23 Results.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:59 pm

Congrats all, but I suggest leaving the slaps on the back until after next week, as a loss then would mean disappointment all round. Getting to the playoff final means nothing unless you win it.

Well done Stu, can I change my manager of the year vote! Week 23 Results.. Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

Week 23 Results.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Results..   Week 23 Results.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:01 pm

i didnt mean a word of it!
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 23 Results.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Results..   Week 23 Results.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Week 23 Results.. Lol
Back to top Go down

Week 23 Results.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Results..   Week 23 Results.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:16 pm

Rich finished 3rd in what was effectively a league of two !

and when i spoke to Paul to get the results even he didnt recognise the name of any of jamies players, nevermind the goalscorer !!

fight fight fight

Gloves are off!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Week 23 Results.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Results..   Week 23 Results.. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:37 am

As an interested spectator, 'Danny quitter quitter Boy' (cheers Will lol) doesn't really care who wins out of the 'lovely' Jamie at Watford, and 'Fence Sitter' Will at Fulham, I wish both guys good luck and let the best team on the day win. Where I am saving all my good luck messages is for Rich 'Bare Minimum' Medley.

I hope and truly believe that Rich will grab that final promotion spot (via the play off system) and will get back to the division he started in. If I was a betting man (which I am) I would put a hefty wager on Leicester ("paying manager Rich") beating Preston ("no income, unmanaged")

To be honest, I can't see any other result other than a Leicester win, it makes (financial) sense doesn't it? Wink

Good luck Rich

Back to top Go down

Week 23 Results.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Results..   Week 23 Results.. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:14 am

It's as simple as this, anything other than a comfortable Foxes win is unthinkable rather than impossible. Having beaten Preston 4-0 in week 21, a mere two turns ago, and no real injury or suspension headaches, I expect a win this time. This game throws up some bizarre results from time to time. Still, as long as Pavlyuchenko is on the pitch, we're favourites.

But thanks for the good luck message. It's nice to see that even when managers find it too taxing to continue playing the game themselves, they can still offer their former peers a little support.

Back to top Go down

Week 23 Results..
Page 1 of 1