6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

You always remember the first time.... Empty
PostSubject: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 19:46

Following Rich's comment on another post regarding what he started the game with in his squad, I thought this might be an interesting question for people to answer. For the managers on here that have been playing the gamefor a long time, it might be quite hard to answer, but as the title says...

Who was the first player you bought as a Hemsoft manager?

Looking back was it a stinker, a moment of inspiration, or just filled a hole at the time?

My first was Luke Varney, yes the man who cannot even get in the Derby first team!! affraid SHOCKER!

Can you better that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 19:59

Mine was Geremi, who is still in the side, although he loses his place next week I think
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 20:05

Mounir El Hamdaoui for £2m.
Good player, moved him on to Newcastle but he's not quite good enough to make Mark's 1st XI yet.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 20:05

Ally McCoist! All the way to sunny Brazil to the mighty Novorizontino! Cost £1.5 million and he had 4 SH and VO when that was the highest you could get!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 20:08

You've been playing that long Rich?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 20:10

In 2 spells. Started playing in the 2nd season, did about 3 seasons, won Brazilian title along the way! Left for ages then came back 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 20:11

can really only recollect Roma, since i left the game in 2002 and didnt come back until about May 2006 when i started here. my first signing was Pasquale Foggia. I've never sold him because he was the first player i ever bought, from jamie i think, and he's just signed a new contract which means i've been managing roma for almost 100 weeks. basically, he is my lucky charm, a kind of Carlos Marchena....though i've never gone 59 consecutive games without losing when Foggia's played as far as i'm aware! i think i bought Cesare Bovo the same week off Rupert's Empoli and never sold him either, only to my old feeder club.

i started with a very old and shit team. my only two defenders was a 9292 called Daniele Adani and a 38 year old Cafu. Giovane Elber upfront, he was my best player but even he was at the end of his career by this time.

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 20:21

my first spell in the game was in 1995. i bought Jari Litmanen at Raith Rovers, also had Muzzy Izzet, Stevie Crawford, Colin Cameron, Ivan Zamorano and Stephane Chapuisat in that side. always enjoyed taking on a challenge and developing a club
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 20:23

Litmanen would have been a great buy in 1995!!
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 20:28

Mine was jermaine pennant.5mil off transfer list. I bought him to play a formation but it didst work lol!

And my first time 15 first gf... both virgins half decent had worse!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 20:29

tom...he was a 9490! but as rich@brum and the others will tell you, that was a very good player back in those days. a player that had a current rating of 88 was considered a regular international. john barnes was a 9288 i think. the '90' current rating back then really did mean world class. We also for a period had an '85' current rating. this was for fringe international players. basically anyone above an 84 current rating was good enough for your first team, but you certainly wouldnt be bothered about playing an 86 current rating. i had Steve Morrow 8886 as my full back and he was alright! Muzzy Izzet was an 8886 aswell.

Last edited by Stuart@Roma on Sat 21 Aug - 20:38; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 20:33

Wilso Palacios - free transfer!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 20:42

from what i remember the first and only 9999 in the game for a long while was...

You always remember the first time.... Rai
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 21:19

He was a helluva player
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 21:21

Showing my age..... never heard of him lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 21:23

Don't worry me either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 21:32

I think Giggs is the only player in the game that was in an original squad when the game started still playing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 21:33

He was last seen around 94 world cup. In fact, am I correct in saying he was captain but got injured in the first game hence Dunga took over?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 21:40

he got injured in the third game against the swedes i think rich. i believe he scored a goal in the first or second game in USA, penalty i think. i'll always remember the england v brazil game from the 1993 US Cup, he played a blinder, finished 1-1 with Platt scoring for us....still meant nothing for england's world cup preparation thanks to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGdQvqbIexk
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 21:42

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 21:46

Rich@Birmingham wrote:
I think Giggs is the only player in the game that was in an original squad when the game started still playing!

i've got a feeling that the old leicester keeper is still in the game? kevin poole?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 23:23

first signings was Freddie Stoor, did a job...............badly.

and Aaron Mokoena, quite solid and reliable in hindsight.

tell you what an 88 was a regular international, now all ur player has to have is a next door neibour or a close friend thats Brazilian or Argentine and hes PT99 lol

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 23:39

My first signing ever ......... Mehmet Scholl for Bayern in Game 2. My first signing at Inter was the mighty Christian Terlizzi. And I thought he was a massive upgrade ....... Inter weren't great when I took over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug - 10:39

Can't remember my first signing but my first team was Oxford United in game 4 in about 96/97 my two best players were Erik sikora a CB 8888 he was immense and my TM was illie Dumitrescu who was a 9494 and by far the best palyer in the leauge at the time, i eventually went on to manage West Ham, Everton and then Chelsea with who i won everything Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You always remember the first time....   You always remember the first time.... Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug - 10:57

question to the guys that have been in this the longest.

When did the PtCr's start getting what they are today?

ie John Barnes England international back in the day was something like 92 88 and now a top end Chamionship player can be as high as 95 95 or 94 94?

when did it all change?
Back to top Go down

You always remember the first time....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next