/ frustration

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

/ frustration Empty
PostSubject: / frustration   / frustration Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep - 15:59

somebody please explain otherwise to me but 10m for john o'shea last turn was perfectly reasonable, especially as he's only 9595. when i tried to review him paul said he wasnt worth it even though wes brown is 9797. surely, if wes is a 9797 then o'shea should be aswell? paul was just like 'yeah but wes is english and o'shea is irish' which i get, but both players play for man u and o'shea has actually more appearances than wes brown (both joined united the same year) which means o'shea should atleast have the same rating. it shouldnt matter that o'shea is irish and brown is english, they both play at the same level for the same club! makes no sense! but anyway, the fact paul refused the deal for it being too cheap makes it more of a joke, how can it be too cheap if paul doesnt rate o'shea? no 9595 is worth more than 10m!! if somebody can explain the logic then i'd b grateful to hear it.

p.s i was going to write this on the back of my turn but id rather spare myself the treatment lazio endured last year by getting up on paul's back so i'll just put it here instead!
Back to top Go down

/ frustration Empty
PostSubject: Re: / frustration   / frustration Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep - 16:08

dont worry about the PT CR's mate,

its the stats that matter, the only time PTCR's mean one itota is when swapbidding.

how do they compare stats wise?

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

/ frustration Empty
PostSubject: Re: / frustration   / frustration Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep - 16:13

they compare like dog shite.

PTCR does actually matter cos on several occasions ive had my club captain on my feedback saying things like "Daniele De Rossi informs you he doesn't think Lorenzo De Silvestri is good enough for the first team". and another occasion on week 22 it was Pasquale Foggia's turn to get the same remark. both had 95 cr's with decent enough skills so the PTCR does have some bearing. i've chatted to rob about this at length and it does seem that your creative players will look to pass the ball to the better players. which would explain why de rossi didnt pass the ball to foggia in either of this weeks game or the one in week 22....because he thinks he's crap. so, in short, you want your whole team to have similar levels of CR. a 9999 isnt going to like passing to a 9595.

Last edited by Stuart@Roma on Sat 25 Sep - 16:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

/ frustration Empty
PostSubject: Re: / frustration   / frustration Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep - 16:14

Stuart@Roma wrote:

p.s i was going to write this on the back of my turn but id rather spare myself the treatment lazio endured last year by getting up on paul's back so i'll just put it here instead!

i think your already on his back after your 6-1 defeat this turn
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

/ frustration Empty
PostSubject: Re: / frustration   / frustration Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep - 16:15

lol, but...i havnt written anything on my turn since week 22 when i asked paul to send me portsmouth!
Back to top Go down

/ frustration Empty
PostSubject: Re: / frustration   / frustration Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep - 16:20

Stuart@Roma wrote:

You are not suggesting that Paul would rig it so you lose 19 and draw 3 games out of 22 because you have raised a legitimate complaint are you? jocolor
Back to top Go down

/ frustration Empty
PostSubject: Re: / frustration   / frustration Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep - 16:21

hmm interesting.

so in theory u could actually determine the direction of attack.

ie: if i played Valencia on the right and Richardson on the left, my PM would look for Valencia most of the time as he is the better player and higher pt cr?

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

/ frustration Empty
PostSubject: Re: / frustration   / frustration Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep - 16:28

yes. but as i said before, players will think of things like form and favouritism (same nationality for example) so i'm told.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

/ frustration Empty
PostSubject: Re: / frustration   / frustration Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep - 16:29

Martin@Bohemians wrote:
Stuart@Roma wrote:

You are not suggesting that Paul would rig it so you lose 19 and draw 3 games out of 22 because you have raised a legitimate complaint are you? jocolor

as if i'd suggest such a thing

affraid
Back to top Go down

/ frustration Empty
PostSubject: Re: / frustration   / frustration Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep - 16:30

I agree with Paul's view on the ratings, Wes Brown > John O'Shea. O'shea is a jack of a lot of positions but a master of none. The difference in appearances is probably due to Brown's horrific injuries over the years. And of course that O'Shea is so versatile.

Not being able to see for what you feel is a fair price is a bit off though, IMO.

Will, if I understand correctly the way the game works:

The PM (in your example) will look for the player he views as the most attractive to him. This attractiveness is determined by a number of things but I believe the PT CR may be one. One thing I do know that is taken into account is how that player has done so far in the game. So in your example if Richardson was pissing all over your opponent's RB then he would become more attractive in the hope that he would continue to do well. I would imagine form, the system/tactic you are playing and language is taken into account too. I'm not sure if it's still in the game but players had a hidden star rating too. You used to be able to see this when you scouted a particular player. Haven't done that for a while but maybe someone else could comment on this. I think 6 stars was the max rating. So if Valencia had a higher star rating than Richardson again he would appear more attractive.
Back to top Go down

/ frustration Empty
PostSubject: Re: / frustration   / frustration Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep - 16:38

cheers for that Dan, some interesting stuff there mate

they dont have star ratings on the scout reports that i know of but if u manage an international side some players, noteably the better players do have star ratings next to them.
Back to top Go down

/ frustration Empty
PostSubject: Re: / frustration   / frustration Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep - 16:44

Another contributary factor is that creative players will look for a player playing in his first listed position. i.e if you are playing your LH/LW/ST as ST your TM may be reluctant to pick him out.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

/ frustration Empty
PostSubject: Re: / frustration   / frustration Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep - 16:46

Dan@Plymouth wrote:
I agree with Paul's view on the ratings, Wes Brown > John O'Shea. O'shea is a jack of a lot of positions but a master of none. The difference in appearances is probably due to Brown's horrific injuries over the years. And of course that O'Shea is so versatile.

Not being able to see for what you feel is a fair price is a bit off though, IMO.

Will, if I understand correctly the way the game works:

The PM (in your example) will look for the player he views as the most attractive to him. This attractiveness is determined by a number of things but I believe the PT CR may be one. One thing I do know that is taken into account is how that player has done so far in the game. So in your example if Richardson was pissing all over your opponent's RB then he would become more attractive in the hope that he would continue to do well. I would imagine form, the system/tactic you are playing and language is taken into account too. I'm not sure if it's still in the game but players had a hidden star rating too. You used to be able to see this when you scouted a particular player. Haven't done that for a while but maybe someone else could comment on this. I think 6 stars was the max rating. So if Valencia had a higher star rating than Richardson again he would appear more attractive.

i suppose dan, i can accept paul doesnt think o'shea is a 9595 but what i want to know primarily is why would 10m be blocked? it makes no sense to me whatsoever when the club is 10m overdrawn.

i think your right about the attractiveness thing. its a shame the star thing is hidden really, you can only see it from international sheets. and we still cant scout interntioanl teams which is a bit of a shame really
Back to top Go down

/ frustration Empty
PostSubject: Re: / frustration   / frustration Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep - 17:04

Would be interesting to see some international teams scanned and put on the forum if someone has a few spare minutes. Not that I'm managing an international team though.
Back to top Go down

/ frustration Empty
PostSubject: Re: / frustration   / frustration Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep - 17:09

I would do that but is any actually interested in the Ivory Coast squad?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

/ frustration Empty
PostSubject: Re: / frustration   / frustration Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep - 17:14

yeah for sure. why dont we start an international squad page? i'll dot it now and tag it.
Back to top Go down

/ frustration
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: