+3
Phil@Watford
Jamie@Watford
Tom
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Week 3 Results - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct - 0:22

Stuart@Roma wrote:
yeah me.....last two games one shot on goal and none on target. Smile

School report - can do better!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct - 10:14

Will@Fulham wrote:

so...last year it was phil, this year its will with the title of being paul's lovechild! Smile [/quote]

think not, a five nil away victory and what appears to be a swap of arteta for Thomas ...are you shitting me.

if theyres more to it then fair play to matt and of coarse id congratulate him all the way on yet another masterful signing and might even shout him a bullet bourbon to celebrate (might Wink )

However,

Theyre differnet pt cr's by for starters by a distance, so swapbidding is a no goer

and if Joe mercer thinks a private swap of arteta for Thomas is a good deal then hes seriously fucked in the head.

bit annoyed if thats the case as a second player id love to have got and tried for has moved misteriously.

u didnt offer him uwe rosler did u as is head scout in exchange, i might be able to believe the deal then Very Happy

just want to be able to sing off the same hymm sheet so we all know where we stand.[/quote]

agree with this. I'd like to know how too..

What was the deal Matt?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct - 11:01

Don't see why I should discuss my transfer dealings for all to see so I'm not going to go into detail.
All I'll say is that there's more to it than a straight swap and there is no loophole or anything that I have taken advantage of.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time recently that one of my dealings has been brought to everyones attention. I don't really care but I am amused at the origin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct - 11:11

thats all I wanted to know myself. Only from the point of view is that, (as we all know) the goalposts on swapbidding with reality managers seem to move every week, so didnt understand how 9797 could be swapped with a lesser rating.

Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct - 14:12

Rich@Leicester wrote:
thats all I wanted to know myself. Only from the point of view is that, (as we all know) the goalposts on swapbidding with reality managers seem to move every week, so didnt understand how 9797 could be swapped with a lesser rating.

This.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct - 14:37

If you get special action SO of a club that's reality managed, at the botton of the sheet it lays out conditions for swap bidding. study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct - 14:42

At the end of the day i agree with Matt, He does'nt have to justify his deals when deals like this happen people on the forum are always gonna be suspicious and if it was'nt for the forum people would just have to get on with the game like we did before the forum but as it is the forum creates debate which is good but sometimes frustrating to people who feel they have to justify themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct - 23:48

Got my turn and have found that a player that I am after is at Ancona, not sure who the Ancona manager is though I think it may be Jamie@Watford. Could be wrong though. Anyway would the Ancona manager please PM me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct - 10:56

Rich@Birmingham wrote:
If you get special action SO of a club that's reality managed, at the botton of the sheet it lays out conditions for swap bidding. study

Thats the point Rich.

Man Citys SO criteria bascially says that there is no way in this world or any other parralle universe that Hendry thomas can be swapped for mikel Arteta.

so all im asking is how the fuck?

for the record, the top transfer list is there for us to view and scrutinise.

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct - 11:19

when i scouted city :-

they wouldnt sell man city players in real life
they wouldnt sell english players under 27
they would only accept under 29
they wanted lastposition to be relevant.

there's nothing on my report about equalPTCR. it may have changed since then though, hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct - 11:29

I think to be fair to Matt, he has already said there was more to the deal than we are assuming. The full details of the transfer were not on the Top Transferred players sheet so only Matt knows what the full deal was. If he doesn't want to disclose the extra details then he doesn't have to.

Also if you look closer at the Top Transferred players sheet the deal taking Arteta to Hull and Thomas to City is down as a 'S' which isn't a swapbid, it is a private swap.

So it doesn't matter what Joe Mercer's requirements are, a private swap is completely different to a swapbid.

I originally posted about this transfer, as it was the stand out transfer of the week, not because i was questioning the actual deal. As I said at the time, congrats to Matt for pulling it off.

Hope no offence has been taken by Matt.

I think we can all rest assured that if there was one team that Paul wouldn't short change it would be Man City. I'm sure Matt had to put a very good offer together to get the deal through!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct - 11:38

I think its the fact that good english eligable players are at a premium,

so when a good one is availalble or missed out on for reasons unknown then it probably causes a greater deal of frustration - certainly does for me.

so i appologise to matt, but im still a little raw from the Bent fiasco.

in the interests of peace and harmony im just going to leave it, Matts more than capable of pulling off a blinding deal so im just going to leave it at that.

as tom points out Paul aint going to shaft city is he.

still love u mate I love you

now be an angel and sell me Ireland flower
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct - 11:48

its not really fair that matt has to divulge the full details of a transfer just to satisfy a few raised eyebrows. also i dont think people should have hang ups just because they missed out on a previous player. you have to be sharp as a button in this game we all know that, yes its hard to get players in england but there is little point in public displays of bitterness. if you wanted a player you should have gone for them. you just have to get on with it, accept it and get over it. we all do. i wouldnt have minded Di Maria but fair play to Gaz. bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct - 14:00

There is a massive difference stu.

i had a fair crack of the whip as everyone else did for Di Maria but was too slow and not financially in any sort of position to compete for him, my fault, end of story, thats the way football is, ill move on and get on with it, not a problem with that at all.

its when a transfer goes through and im sat there thinking, how the fuck?why the fuck?

all im asking for is to know where we all stand and to have same god dam rules week in week out.

It doesnt matter now, its happend , end of story.

Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct - 16:33

Quick question on the Di Maria deal - why would anyone in England want him if he can't play for your club - purely just to sell on? Not a criticism just attempting to understand the game a bit more in only my 3rd week back.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct - 16:45

gaz (chelsea) has signed him at his feeder club (cremonese) i think ben, so he'll be playing him their id imagine and probably hoping he's signing for an english club in the summer so he could then just sell him to chelsea as and when that happens. thats the benefit of an english club having a feeder club - so you can sign foreign players at your feeder club that arn't yet playing in england but quite possibly might. of course there's an element of luck and skill to that process! Smile

also, once the player is at your feeder club, your parent club only needs to pay the resell value in order to purchase the player, so it can be a good way of signing foreign players without such an inflated fee. id imagine that di maria would have cost gaz a lot more if he was already english eligible. a keen eye on the real life transfer market is all you need with a little bit of good fortune aswell What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct - 17:39

I dont think Di Maria will be going anywhere near England after only just signing for Real Madrid, i wanted him before but Martin would'nt sell,He will slot into my feeder club lovely with the benefit of maybe being used as a make weight in a big deal in the future if any player takes my fancy plus netting Martin a tidy sum of cash, but i have to plans to move him on at all at the mo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct - 17:48

Very true, Gaz has been after Di Maria for a long time and in all probability he will be at Cremonese for a long time and improve an already strong team.

In all honesty I would not have sold him if his wage demand was not so high, but thats part of the game and I took the best possible deal.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 Results   Week 3 Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct - 18:29

Thanks for answering guys as I said am still feeling my way back into this game so your help is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down

Week 3 Results
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3