Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Refunds to Dropouts Empty
PostSubject: Refunds to Dropouts   Refunds to Dropouts Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 17:36

Something for you all to think about and comment on...

Normally when somebody drops out they owe me money and the question of a refund never arises, I certainly dont go chasing the money through the official channels. But last week somebody dropped out who still had some credit in their account and they asked for a refund.

To be honest my first reaction was to say no because any money you send me is instantly reinvested in the game in the form of paper, envelopes, ink and new equipment like the new hardware and software for the home server. The bank account is always empty as the game doesnt make a profit and I quite often invest my own cash to keep it going and on occasions you do too, like when Stu was kind enough to source a new printer for us.

My second reaction was to have a rethink and wonder if it was understood that there would be no refunds. We have never have a formal contract to say there would be no refunds, Ive just always assumed everybody who plays understands that. But maybe i'm wrong and i'd be interested to know what everybody thinks and how they feel on the subject.

This is obviously very relevant to people who buy season tickets as this money is spent at the start of each season on a new printer and a new computer and is certainly not refundable although all payments are of course transferable.

Anway let me know what you think, thanks
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Refunds to Dropouts   Refunds to Dropouts Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 19:06

If I was to quit now, I wouldn't expect any money at all as a refund from my season ticket.

Simply because it is my decision to quit, and I should have considered losing any money invested when I thought about leaving.

However if the game was terminated in someway by the gamesmaster then I expect that I would feel differently. God forbid.

Hope the manager didn't cause any grief towards Paul, as it would have been out of order, in my opinion.

Speculation as to who it was may begin, but i suspect as Paul hasn't mentioned any names, he would rather he was kept anonymous. Although I suppose we will find out eventually, I have my suspicions...

Sorry to see another manager leave.... Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Refunds to Dropouts   Refunds to Dropouts Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 19:12

Agree with Thomas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Refunds to Dropouts   Refunds to Dropouts Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 19:57

I agree with Tom too, I wouldn't expect a refund if I was to drop out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Refunds to Dropouts   Refunds to Dropouts Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 21:14

It's not unreasonable to expect a refund I guess. But similarly I wouldn't be expecting one, especially if it was a small balance. Sorry to hear that people have left the game with a negative balance and not settled up though.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Refunds to Dropouts   Refunds to Dropouts Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 21:21

I totally agree with Tom and everyone imo it's a fair policy esp as any refunds would leave Paul out of pocket!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Refunds to Dropouts   Refunds to Dropouts Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 22:31

I agree with tom, and everyone else here. there should be a no refund policy in my opinion full stop (inc. season tickets). the game isn't run as a "business", any money we give paul is an investment to keep the game running. i wouldnt expect a refund even if i had a season ticket tbh, because i'm led to believe money we send to paul is set aside for the continued running of the game. i always think of game being like a charity, you wouldnt ask for money back from a charity so same applies here i reckon.
Back to top Go down

Refunds to Dropouts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: