Tom@Charlton
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Iain@RealMadrid
Premier League - 92/92
Premier League - 92/92

Has the game become too hard? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has the game become too hard?   Has the game become too hard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr - 22:21

I like the idea of the 25 man squad but like dan think it will slow the transfer market up, I'm trying to reduce mine and unless I drop the price or unmanaged clubs start buying it's going to be hard to get rid of my fringe players, if finally I do get to 25 and a top player becomes available or comes up through the ranks then I have to get rid of another player, however if every manager is in the same situation it will cause player supply out stripping demand which causes the price to drop, (can draw a nice graph if you want) as we do not have enough managed teams to provide the demand, we need unmanaged clubs to start buying
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the game become too hard?   Has the game become too hard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Apr - 10:08

The plus side of this being Iain, that it will reflect real life quite nicely. i.e the really top players will still go for really top dollar.

However, the have nots further down the footballing ladder, will be able to pick up a bargain alot more easily, and while not leveling the playing field...it will even it out a little.

Before now, us minnows have had to sit and watch hoards of players that should be in the first team at top clubs, sit in the reserves for all eternity.

I'm not oblivious to the fact that it happens at real life clubs. Roque Santa Cruz at Man City being the case in point...but even he has wanted to move now. But on loan...that on loan market in CF has been quashed by the lack of benefit of playing a loaned player.

It's definately worth a chat with Paul in my eyes.

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Has the game become too hard?   Has the game become too hard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Apr - 15:52

hang on a minute iain.....if you listed those players for their resell values they would be get bids from unmanaged sides and be transferred, the only reason yours havn't budged is because you havn't been arsed to do anything about it! get off your backside man! (in a nice way Wink) sure, you would get much less than you might anticipate on a few but not the top top ones! we've all had to accept losing value on certain players so don't think the world is against only you and yours.

However, I agree that these unmanaged clubs need to go soughting after players but in real life would roque santa cruz currently fetch the same fee he would have 3 seasons ago? no. why? cos he's been on the bench for the best part of 18 months dreaming of days of yore. same should go for players in CF....i think its realistic that a player doesnt achieve the best possible value if he's not been getting any action.

Of course i accept that roque santa cruz isn't Eden Hazard or whoever else but you'd still get top whack for guys like him Iain, you've got some cracking 'chaffe' compared to the rest of us! Still, we've all had a fair while and advanced notice of these (potential) upcoming changes so really the question is....why have you left it so late iaian? if a manager is naive enough to think he can sit on 75 players and keep them all happy by polishing lionel messi's boots then more fool them to be honest.

However, there definitely needs to be more scope for these unmanaged clubs to make bids for players though, but that shouldn't be just because Iaian's just realised he's got 15 players to shift and will lose money, we've all had to deal with that, its just that Iain most likely has more of them! I feel for you Iain but c'mon, how long have we known about this now?

This is only a light hearted dig of course...nice to see you back around Iain. now....i'll give you £3m for Hazard. write it down next week, yeah jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Has the game become too hard?   Has the game become too hard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Apr - 19:09

3.5m
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the game become too hard?   Has the game become too hard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Apr - 19:13

5m Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Has the game become too hard?   Has the game become too hard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Apr - 20:09

5.5m.... pirat

see Iain there are people interested in paying over the resell valuations!! ok, i'm not actually trying to patronise you here!
Back to top Go down
Iain@RealMadrid
Premier League - 92/92
Premier League - 92/92
Iain@RealMadrid

PostSubject: Re: Has the game become too hard?   Has the game become too hard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Apr - 23:18

Sold to the woman in the pink Smile
Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Regular International - 95/95
Regular International - 95/95
Matt@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Has the game become too hard?   Has the game become too hard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr - 11:35

thats to me then! friday is dressing up day!! afro
Back to top Go down

Has the game become too hard?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2